Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna's Night, Drawing by Zonra "Finished"

Zonra

Starting to work on an Luna drawing, any comments and feedback is welcome :3

Its just a ruff outline atm, but I'l post more as i progress

Edits:

2: Added hair lines

3: More detail lines

4: Added eye lines too, taking a break for the night and I'l be back to it tomorrow :)

5: Colors coming along

6: Coloring and details are don, gonna do shading soon :D

7: Starting work on the background first, bit unsure about how to do it, have a midnight sky in mind but still deciding on the details

8: Working on the background... just love that way its coming along, experimenting a bit with the streaks of motion after Luna atm. Could really use some feedback, any comment is appreciated

9: Don't know if this looks better, playing around a bit with some line of flowing lines flowing Luna

10: Shading added, and i think im getting close to done with this piece

post-19-0-86229500-1318021564_thumb.pngpost-19-0-12698600-1318024370_thumb.pngpost-19-0-19046600-1318027808_thumb.pngpost-19-0-57856200-1318029300_thumb.pngpost-19-0-67337600-1318072035_thumb.pngpost-19-0-41541400-1318075369_thumb.pngpost-19-0-62354800-1318085033_thumb.pngpost-19-0-73759500-1318086884_thumb.pngpost-19-0-89118200-1318089683_thumb.pngpost-19-0-89228700-1318099627_thumb.pngpost-19-0-91300300-1318102871_thumb.png

And i called it finished, upleaded it to DA here: http://zonra.deviantart.com/art/Luna-s-Night-262368501

Hope you will all like my humble try to capture some of Luna's beauty

Posted Image

Edited by Zonra
  • Brohoof 6

Besides it being upside-down, this looks very accurate so far!

Keep up the good work!

Yea, well its supposed to be Luna in flight, flying upside down

I always find it interesting to see the process through which artists create their drawings, even though I myself can't draw if my life depended on it. Thanks for sharing, Zonra!

The line art is incredibly detailed, and I especially love how much care you put into Luna's wings. Looking forward to the finished drawing!

Your skills make me want to give up :o

Nuuu, don't do that. Just have to fin what works for you and keep at it. I just trow hours upon hours on making drawing till it looks nice, and i wasn't that good in the beginning.

This took about 15 hours time to get done :blush:

• Brohoof 1

15! Sweet Criminey (applauds)

Well the funny thing is that the straight up drawing would probably take under 5 hours, just a lot of time trying different things and thinking of what to do

You are a mighty fine artist. Makes me want to draw something pony-related just wish I had my computer to do it on. What do you use to make these.

Paint tool sai and a Drawing tablet, that and loads of screenshot :3

Wow, the finished drawing is beautiful. :o Incredible job on the shading. This deserves to be in an EqD Drawfriends article.

If you're looking for some constructive criticism, I really can't think of much - the 15 hours of work you put into the drawing really show. All I can really find is a small inconsistency in the shape of Luna's forelegs: her right one is a bit thicker than her left, even though it's further from the viewer.

The blue trailing lines are a beautiful touch, but there should probably be one emanating from Luna's tail, too.

(edited)

Wow, the finished drawing is beautiful. :o Incredible job on the shading. This deserves to be in an EqD Drawfriends article.

If you're looking for some constructive criticism, I really can't think of much - the 15 hours of work you put into the drawing really show. All I can really find is a small inconsistency in the shape of Luna's forelegs: her right one is a bit thicker than her left, even though it's further from the viewer.

The blue trailing lines are a beautiful touch, but there should probably be one emanating from Luna's tail, too.

Yea there are some small bits, and i was thinking about a line from her tail, but i couldn't fins a good spot for it to emanate from, making a good flowing line, i dunno. If it was emanating from the tip it would look weird cus that not the real base of the tail mass wise, but there aint no other good point for a thin blue streak, and didn't look good enough the things i tried with it :P

Edited by Zonra

• 1 year later...

This is a an extremely cute piece and I really love your style as well as the wonderful character design! The soft textures and bright colors work so well for this and breath a brillant breath of life into this piece! The line work is superb and highly refined which adds so much seamless artistry and style! The lighting and shading also add an amazing amount of depth and I absolutely love her facial expression that resonates with her essence! This is a very fantastic piece and I would definately love to see more of your exquisite art in the near future! Great work! Kind regards, BronySwag /Princess Luna :3

Wow :blink:  absolutely gorgeous like how do you do that?? this is amazing, very amazing. I like drawing and I believe that I am fairly good, but I don't think I could ever do anything this good :derp:  but really, this is brilliant I love it :)