Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Horror Movie

Lady Rarity Pony

The funny thing is, even though movies don;t scare me, I used to be to a worse degree, and still am, VERY afraid of Video game content. Such as I was afraid of the giant metal Bugs in Spyro, and was afraid of anything out of the ordinary happening in the Sims. And don't even get me started with actual horro games, most are impossible for me because I can;t handle it.

I shall follow your advice on the foreign movies.

Then I strongly advise you to not play the Ju On game. I scare easily when it comes to games too; and I almost pissed myself playing that. Although I do enjoy other smaller horror games; such as Misao.

Misao Link for anypony interested. http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/misao.htm

Oh yes the original Halloween is my favorite i was a bit disappointed in the re-boot/remakish type of thingy. My other favorites would probably be The original Nightmare on elm streets and Friday the 13th.

I have to say what I said was the scariest for me, The Blair Witch Project. The atmosphere in that movie is just fantastic and it is my favorite type of horror, the unknown. To me, it is terrifying, you don't know what is lurking in those woods, what is hiding in the darkness. There is even a scene that is so subtle yet it sends chills down my back.

By far it is my favorite horror film. :)

• Brohoof 1

Re posting: This is a thread I created before but got deleted because it was a copy of another thread. Being re-made because it is not. The other thread was scariest films and this is favorite horror films. As far as i'm concerned; not all horror is even scary. Some horror is actually made to be more comedic than anything. 

What is everpony's favorite horror movie. I'm a huge horror fan; I would love to see who else is a fan of them and what your favorite is.

Mine? Halloween (1978)

yay! Another horror fan biggrin.png

I'm a very big fan of horror movies and I've seen waaayy too many to just pick one favorite. It's impossible.

But a few favorites are..

Seriously I can't make this list, I'd go on with like 500 movies >_>

Halloween (1978)

Friday the 13th Part I (1980)---

Friday the 13th Part II (1981)----> These three are the best in the series imo.

Friday the 13th Part III(1982)---/

(Friday the 13th Part V (1985) and Friday the 13th Part VI (1986) are also awesome.)

The Thing (1984)

Nosferatu (1922)

Nosferatu The Vampyre (1979) (Yes it is spelled with an Y instead of I)

Salem's Lot (1979)

Ringu (1998)

The Ring (2002)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Alien (1979)

Aliens (1986)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Hellraiser (1987)

American Psycho (2000)

Scream (1996)

Saw (2004)

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

The Amytyville Horror (1979)

Black Christmas (1974)

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

[rec] (2007)

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Pumpkinhead (1988)

The Shining (1980)

Re-animator (1985)

The Strangers (2008)

Leprechaun (1993)

Haute Tension (2003)

Maniac (1980)

Nightmare (1981)

The House by the Cemetery (1981)

And I know it's not a movie, but Tales From the Crypt (1989-1996)

Damn those shorts are amazing. Best horror show ever.

Btw are you guys watchingThe Walking Dead?

Again, I can't pick one favorite, but If I had to I'd pick the Friday The 13th part 1-3 movies

I have to say what I said was the scariest for me, The Blair Witch Project. The atmosphere in that movie is just fantastic and it is my favorite type of horror, the unknown. To me, it is terrifying, you don't know what is lurking in those woods, what is hiding in the darkness. There is even a scene that is so subtle yet it sends chills down my back.

By far it is my favorite horror film. smile.png

I actually thought that this movie was boring. I wached it and expected something to happen, but nothing happened.

Maybe I just see it as boring because I think all these ghost and witch stuff is silly.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

yay! Another horror fan :D I'm a very big fan of horror movies and I've seen waaayy too many to just pick one favorite. It's impossible. But a few favorites are.. Seriously I can't make this list, I'd go on with like 500 movies >_>Halloween (1978)Friday the 13th Part I (1980)---\Friday the 13th Part II (1981)----> These three are the best in the series imo.Friday the 13th Part III(1982)---/(Friday the 13th Part V (1985) and Friday the 13th Part VI (1986) are also awesome.)The Thing (1984)Nosferatu (1922)Nosferatu The Vampyre (1979) (Yes it is spelled with an Y instead of I)Salem's Lot (1979)Ringu (1998)The Ring (2002)Dawn of the Dead (1978)Alien (1979)Aliens (1986)A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)Hellraiser (1987)American Psycho (2000)Scream (1996)Saw (2004)The Silence of the Lambs (1991)The Amytyville Horror (1979)Black Christmas (1974)Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)House of 1000 Corpses (2003)The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)[rec] (2007)Rosemary's Baby (1968)Pumpkinhead (1988)The Shining (1980)Re-animator (1985)The Strangers (2008)Leprechaun (1993)Haute Tension (2003)Maniac (1980)Nightmare (1981)The House by the Cemetery (1981)  And I know it's not a movie, but Tales From the Crypt (1989-1996)Damn those shorts are amazing. Best horror show ever. Btw are you guys watchingThe Walking Dead? Again, I can't pick one favorite, but If I had to I'd pick the Friday The 13th part 1-3 moviesI actually thought that this movie was boring. I wached it and expected something to happen, but nothing happened. Maybe I just see it as boring because I think all these ghost and witch stuff is silly.

That is the whole point of the film and in my opinion it is one of the things that makes it so genius. Nothing really happens because it is your imagination that makes the guesses. It is the unknown, you don't know what it is, so it can be whatever you want it to be, or whatever you fear most. To each their own, but I felt that it was incredibly well done with such a simple concept.

That is the whole point of the film and in my opinion it is one of the things that makes it so genius. Nothing really happens because it is your imagination that makes the guesses. It is the unknown, you don't know what it is, so it can be whatever you want it to be, or whatever you fear most. To each their own, but I felt that it was incredibly well done with such a simple concept.

Well I know how you're thinking but since the movie has the title "The Blair Witch Project" and that they talk about a witch, you already know that the "evil" in the movie is a witch. As I said, I think that witches and ghosts and all those paranormal stuff is silly. Therefore I can't expect something scary from the movie.

Also, the movie itself was pretty lame. It only had one "intense" scene, and it only lasted for a short while.

Edited by Jokuc

Well I know how you're thinking but since the movie has the title "The Blair Witch Project" and that they talk about a witch, you already know that the "evil" in the movie is a witch. As I said, I think that witches and ghosts and all those paranormal stuff is silly. Therefore I can't expect something scary from the movie.

Also, the movie itself was pretty lame. It only had one "intense" scene, and it only lasted for a short while.

The movie is titled the Blair Witch Project because that is what the legend is. No, you don't know if the evil is a witch of some kind, because different things happen.

It doesn't really matter explaining it, because clearly you did not get the point of the movie. It wasn't meant to be 'intense'.

The movie is titled the Blair Witch Project because that is what the legend is. No, you don't know if the evil is a witch of some kind, because different things happen.

It doesn't really matter explaining it, because clearly you did not get the point of the movie. It wasn't meant to be 'intense'.

I do I just used the wrong word. Let's change that to "scary".

But eh you have your opinions. I just thought nothing happened. They just walked in the wood. There weren't any creepy atmospheric settings or anything either. The movie would have been much better if a bigger part of the movie took place durning night.

I haven't seen too many horror movies, but I really liked Se7en. It made my head implode a little near the end. I also like The Shining, Psycho, Halloween, and Friday the 13th (the first one, not the bajillion sequels).

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes the original Halloween is my favorite i was a bit disappointed in the re-boot/remakish type of thingy. My other favorites would probably be The original Nightmare on elm streets and Friday the 13th.

Are you talking about Rob Zombie's Version? I personally thought that it was amazing. I loved how he gave more back story to Michael. Not all remakes are bad. wink.png

yay! Another horror fan img-1290773-1-biggrin.png

I'm a very big fan of horror movies and I've seen waaayy too many to just pick one favorite. It's impossible.

Halloween (1978)

(Friday the 13th Part V (1985) and Friday the 13th Part VI (1986) are also awesome.)

The Thing (1984)

Nosferatu (1922)

Salem's Lot (1979)

Ringu (1998)

The Ring (2002)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Alien (1979)

Aliens (1986)

Hellraiser (1987)

American Psycho (2000)

Scream (1996)

Saw (2004)

Black Christmas (1974)

[rec] (2007)

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Pumpkinhead (1988)

The Shining (1980)

Re-animator (1985)

The Strangers (2008)

Leprechaun (1993)

Haute Tension (2003)

Maniac (1980)

Nightmare (1981)

Again, I can't pick one favorite, but If I had to I'd pick the Friday The 13th part 1-3 movies

I actually thought that this movie was boring. I wached it and expected something to happen, but nothing happened.

Maybe I just see it as boring because I think all these ghost and witch stuff is silly.

You. I like you. And tales of the crypt was of course amazing. I've watched so many horror movies it was hard for me o choose too. I settled on that because it was the movie that got me really into horror as an obsession. :D

For me I has to be Jon Carpenter's The Thing, From the suspense and the effects this movie gets better with every viewing.

And It could be one of the best remakes out there, but just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

For me I has to be Jon Carpenter's The Thing, From the suspense and the effects this movie gets better with every viewing.

And It could be one of the best remakes out there, but just my opinion.

Because John carpenter is a genius. End of discussion. /thread. XD

But seriously, I love Carpenter, he is an amazing writer, producer and director.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

yay! Another horror fan img-1290773-1-biggrin.png

Halloween (1978)

The Thing (1984)

Nosferatu (1922)

Salem's Lot (1979)

Ringu (1998)

The Ring (2002)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Alien (1979)

Aliens (1986)

Hellraiser (1987)

American Psycho (2000)

Scream (1996)

Saw (2004)

Black Christmas (1974)

[rec] (2007)

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Pumpkinhead (1988)

The Shining (1980)

Re-animator (1985)

The Strangers (2008)

Leprechaun (1993)

Haute Tension (2003)

Maniac (1980)

Nightmare (1981)

Ooh horror fan eh? :fiery: Cool :D

I haven't watched as many horror movies as you but I have seen my fair share.

To me these are my favorites:

The original Nightmare on Elm Street

It

The Ring

The Grudge

Freddy vs. Jason

I really can't pick my favorite and I know I have more that should go on the list but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head. :huh:

Oh and one of the funniest "horror" movies I've ever seen is The Seed of Chucky. I really didn't find it scary at all and the violence made me laugh ^_^ But the funniest thing was Glen and how he thinks his parents are Japanese ^_^

So yeah I'll probably add more movies later :)

The other ones I watched were just meh and don't really classify as favorites.

Edited by Pink Mist

• 4 years later...