Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Awkward moments while watching the show

dad george

I think the only awkward moment was when "Winter Wrap Up" was playing on my iTunes and I was changing into clothes after taking a shower.

My cousin walked in on me, in nothing but boxers and me humming the song with my Rainbow Dash background on my laptop showing.

He just sloooowwwwlllyyyy closed the door lol.

• Brohoof 1

Do you think girls find bronies hot? I have no idea actually, I'm not a girl so yeah. I heard girls like sensitive guys and whatnot, but I dunno. Most girls in my class just find me annoying because I keep spamming the school email with ponies :shrug:

Well, if I was older and knew a brony in real life, I would be the happiest person in the world xD

Because I'd have someone to share a fandom with.

But either then me, I wouldn't know!

My awkward moment (for some reason) was watching the part where Cadence sings This Day Aria. My brother kept saying how cheesy and 'silly' it was so everytime I watch that bit I always remember that and feel a bit awkward when I'm watching that part in the wedding episode.

Honestly, It's the theme song, but not the whole thing! The theme song in itself is pretty fun and cheerful. I like that. (: There is however, that awkward opening line, sung with such passion; A line that turns heads in awkwardness. "My little ponyyyy, my little pony. Ahhhhhhhhh." The rest is fine. I always fast-forward the first few seconds of the theme though. :P

I usually watch the episodes in my living room around my parents and I have a constant habit of pulling out my headphones whenever I'm moving, so whenever I pull them out while watching an episode, I just blush like crazy and hope they didn't hear anything aha

One time I watched an episode with my mom, and when it was over I asked her, "Who's your favorite pony from this episode?", she replied,"Spike." I told her that he's not a pony and she said, "oh, i guess i like that one pony" and she pointed at Rarity.

Edited by Princess-Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

Most awkward for me was discovering that my little 10-year-old brother likes the show....and he's kind of popular in his school (acts like a dick). So that was new. Also having my mum find out that I like the show, because of her reaction ("AWWW, THAT'S SO CUUUUUTE!!")

When I just started watching the series, and Pinkie Pie started to sing "Giggle at the Ghosties."

I was like "Oh God, please don't sing!"

I started to sing with her and had no idea what happened afterwards.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps the only time I felt akwards while watching was when I saw it for the first time. I was worried that somebody could hear the T.V. Now I can't help but watch it, even if everybody could hear it.

For me, it was always the theme song. For ages I used to skip it, but now I'm used to it and don't bother. It's still the most OTT 'girly' part of the show, but at-least it's no G3 theme ;).

The first time 'Giggle at the Ghosties' came on I was all 'oh great, cheesy song moment', but I've grown to love that song now :D.

I also used to be worried that someone would burst in while I was watching and go 'My Little Pony?', but I really don't care now, particularly now my brother's a viewer ^_^

So basically, nothing anymore :P