Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna banished same time Crystal Empire vanished

poniesforfun

Any correlation behind this? Both Luna and the Crystal Empire weren't on Equestria for exactly 1000 years. After 1000 years some kind of magical defacto energy may have weakened for them to reappear on Equestria or something, after all Luna did come back to Equestria by her own will rather than Celestia releasing her.

Luna banished same time Crystal Empire vanished

I think we can safely assume it happened a few months or years before Luna became Nightmare Moon.

Also evil that was thought long defeated has a way of returning to the world. It's a thing that happens in fiction a lot and sometimes in real life just in a new form.

Real Life: A new evil form: Just think of a new Hitler, there were many people very like Hitler throughout history.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

I think, while this gives conspiracy theorists and fanfic writers quite a bit to work with, it wasn't really intentional.

IMO it was just a coincidence or the writers being lazy and thinking "1000 years has a really cool ring to it!"

Just thinking. Luna and Sombra do have similar looking magic powers like being able to be smoke and use dark colored magic.

I like to think like this:

1. Luna adopted some of Sombra's powers. Sombra was drained of some of his powers so he wasn't a big threat later.

2. Sombra being a slavemaster possibly said some things to Luna before she threw him down that crevice that made her think like if she was also a princess why wasn't the other ponies slaving for her? And then that made Luna think how Celestia had it better and got angry.

Edited by poniesforfun

I think, while this gives conspiracy theorists and fanfic writers quite a bit to work with, it wasn't really intentional.

IMO it was just a coincidence or the writers being lazy and thinking "1000 years has a really cool ring to it!"

This. I honestly dont think they've even noticed the correlation themselves. However, if there is any connection between Nightmare Moon and Sombra it could make for an interesting episode somewhere later on (possibly both return united as villains)

We can only guess and hope for now :P

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Ranks up there with "Canterlot Trade Center was an inside job" and "Celestia was born in Hoofrica" in my opinion. Better break out the tinfoil manepieces.

• Brohoof 1

it likely that it was just rounded down to 1000 to avoid complexity, Sombra was likely defeated many years before Luna turned evil.

whether Sombra is the reason for Nightmaremoon? maybe but i can see every Luna fan coming to that conclusion. just remember Luna became Nightmare moon because there were not any ponies playing during the night and she got jelly.

but i will throw something in i think either Celestia or Luna (probably Luna) was responsible for Sombra in some way it would explain her attitude in the episode and her lack of faith in Twilight.

Edited by PonyEcho