Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILER] Could they be from Saddle Arabia?

himanuts

Seems likely. Like someone else said at least Equestria is expanding. How did anyone guess the ponies were from Saddle Arabia without seeing the episode? You smart people.

Unless I'm mistaken, Saddle Arabia has been canon for a while, actually. I think it was mentioned off-hand in another episode somewhere, but that's it.

I was hoping that the BDSM Ponies term could be coined, but Saddle Arabian is much more proper, mature, and catchy.

And some speculation on the next episode.

I've seen some pictures from this episode containing Zecora with Twilight and a magic necklace of some sort. It seems like the writers may be building onto the originally scrapped idea of Zecora becoming a mentor to Twilight, I think it should work out great.

Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 1

And some speculation on the next episode.

I've seen some pictures from this episode containing Zecora with Twilight and a magic necklace of some sort. It seems like the writers may be building onto the originally scrapped idea of Zecora becoming a mentor to Twilight, I think it should work out great.

While this may be off topic, that's the impression I got from the commercial. Why not start a thread for this and we can fully discuss it there?

Seems likely. Like someone else said at least Equestria is expanding.

How did anyone guess the ponies were from Saddle Arabia without seeing the episode? You smart people.

It was really coincedence how I remembered hearing about "Saddle Arabia" in one commercial of the Hub's polls in relation to Shining and Cadence's Honeymoon destination. Some people on Facebook mentioned how the horses resembled the Arabian Horse Breed and I remembered the commercial.

Unless I'm mistaken, Saddle Arabia has been canon for a while, actually. I think it was mentioned off-hand in another episode somewhere, but that's it.

I don't believe such is the case. I checked briefly with the best MLP reference guide available (i.e., the MLP Wiki), and "Saddle Arabia" is said to have first been mentioned in "Magical Duel."

I don't believe such is the case. I checked briefly with the best MLP reference guide available (i.e., the MLP Wiki), and "Saddle Arabia" is said to have first been mentioned in "Magical Duel."

Oh well :3 In either case I don't think saying the staff are taking ideas from the fanbase is a valid thought process.

In show, yes. But it was first mentioned by a Hub promo around the time the S2 finale aired.

they look like horses, all right. it was kind of weird that there were horse-drawn carriages in equestria though. slavery much?

but anyway, maybe they might turn out to be those, since they definitely look nothing like ponies.

They are from Saddle Arabia.

It is canon.

The most recent episode has legitimately confirmed it to be true.

I still think that they are horses.

Yeah, they do look a lot like horses. Also, has anyone of you noticed that they do not have a cutie mark? I guess that's another sign that they aren't ponies. Or I guess it could be an animation error as well.

If it's true, then it's the first time we've seen horses in the show except for the weird magical mice-horses in season 1 finale. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I noticed those guys, too! I think it would make a great episode to have the mane six visit Saddle Arabia. Kinda like the Apploosa episode. They kind of remind me of circus horses. :P But I thought that was pretty cool. 

Maybe they could use it for the season 3 two-part episode in the end. That would've been cool as well! But I have a feeling we'll be seeing them again soon. I'd also love to see the mane six dressed up to go there in outfits made by Rarity. :P 

• Brohoof 1