Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Rate the Avatar of the User Above You!

EmbodimentOfCringe

10/10 :wub:

9.5/10 add a little detail on the background, any. Even a little shading just to give it some character and I'd give you a ten. I like it, those are some pretty well drawn ponies, Comrade.

I'm not so good at the shading. I'm not very good with technology, is a miracle that I can even get it on computer.

Good idea though, I'll see if I can ask someone.....

Now in all honesty, I am in favour of shipping Fluttershy as I am any member of the mane cast, as long as it adheres to two important tenents: one, it has to pass the moral standard which I hold myself accountable to in terms of real world relationships (e.g. leading to permanent heterosexual monogamy) and two it has to be a decent, faithful, respectful and honest relationship. Since Dimitri has never made any statement to the contrary in terms of relating to his partner it stands to reason that I can have no qualms with that. I do have objection to the fact that he violently opposes Big Macintosh (perhaps as a pretextual altercation against FlutterMac shippers) but that has little direct relevance. Treat her well or we won't treat you so well.

So I'm okay with the direct implication within the image. (If it was directly sexual, we wouldn't be seeing Dimitri around very much now would we?)

The art style is simplistic, looking similar to Warren Hutch's black outline method except in larger canvas size and then shrinking down (explaining the thinner outlines) but it still carries that uncanny effect of the eyes; Big Macintosh is the only reference character anyone can use for large stallions facial construction from the front, barring Prince Blueblood. Big Macintosh's facial structure from the front-on and when held close to another character's face makes his eyes look disconcertingly enormous, and I find the effect distracting. The effect carried well to Dimitri, unfortunately. (I make that comparison because face it: both your OC and Mac are big red stallions.) It is offset however by Fluttershy's face being at a slight upward side angle, so it's not all bad.

Character volumetrics are pretty well done and the slight puffiness of leg proportions adds to the cuteness proper, compensating for the flat hair.

Overall an excellent design, assuming the viewer has no objection to the character ship. Two spirited thumbs up.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1