Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

a form of messaging system

Skullbuster

so i was thinking, if you are an artist, and your viewing some one elses music, there should be an option to send them a quick message like a button that says "send collab request"

the other person would receive a notification saying "DJ so n' so wants to collab with you"  that person could then reply to that in a PM

like their would be a reply option, upon hitting that it would open a PM with that person and the two would disscuss their ideas

does that sound good? or is it too complicated?

• Brohoof 2

so i was thinking, if you are an artist, and your viewing some one elses music, there should be an option to send them a quick message like a button that says "send collab request"

the other person would receive a notification saying "DJ so n' so wants to collab with you"  that person could then reply to that in a PM

like their would be a reply option, upon hitting that it would open a PM with that person and the two would disscuss their ideas

It's not a bad idea, but it might be a bit unnecessary. Whenever I've contacted people for such things, I just send them a PM with a title that lets them know I want to do a collab, and that has worked just fine.

That being said, I'm definitely not against it - it could be handy for those who do collabs more often. Anyone else have thoughts?

well uhm it might be a little us of time can't you just send him a message "i want to work with you"?it isnt to much to write ... a button is kind of useless most of the time the working withing 2 dj's won't appear so many times i can ensure you that....

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps some sort of tagging PM system could be implemented?

perhaps some sort of private message tagging system could be implemented? Like, you still have to write a private message like normal but there's a drop down menu like:

Message type -> Normal, Collaboration request, Acapella request, MIDI stem request, etc.

and in the inbox of the receiver, it would be color coded and perhaps could appear under certain filters? I don't know, but that may work.

the Phony Brony

I can't help but agree with @Apple-Jack here:

can't you just send him a message "i want to work with you"?

Is a specialized kind of "collab" message really necessary, considering how easy it is to state your intents in a generic message? If features for collaborative projects were implemented, I see them taking shape in a form more akin to deviantART's groups or GitHub's organizations than an extension of the private messaging system.

Accommodating collabs is definitely a worthwhile endeavour, but I don't think "tagged" private messages are the way it's going to happen.

Perhaps some sort of tagging PM system could be implemented?

perhaps some sort of private message tagging system could be implemented? Like, you still have to write a private message like normal but there's a drop down menu like:

Message type -> Normal, Collaboration request, Acapella request, MIDI stem request, etc.

and in the inbox of the receiver, it would be color coded and perhaps could appear under certain filters? I don't know, but that may work.

, your idea sounds more complex than my email account :lol: - and we're talking about an on-site private messaging feature. If it is too complex to use, no one will use it, not to mention it will take away my development time that could be focused on features with wider appeal.

• Brohoof 1