Hey look! I made an art!

Winterbass

So, finally got back into drawing after another damn month of having done no drawings at all (I really should get rid of that habit), tell me whatcha think. I tried shading, but shading is scary so I decided not to. Any tips for me? 

Oh, and her cutie mark is a fermata, that's a symbol used in music. I just tilted it so it would also resemble a crescent moon.

(also, don't click on the image, it's really big for some reason, perhaps I got the measures wrong)

img-1019027-1-cuN6F.jpg

--

Update

I went out of my way and made this one too in my current sleep-deprived state, tell me watcha think!

0e4ot.jpg

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 7

That looks really awesomely adorable :3 I love the colors you use and her facial expression looks really adorable

I would give this a 9/10

Not bad, keep it up :)

Also yes, shading can be a bit of a bitch but I say it just takes practice

I'm sure you'll get it :)

Looks good! Belly looks buffy. :P I like how simple it is. Breaking the habit is a good idea. I always have those. Keep up the good work!

Why thank you. Yeah, the belly always looks a bit buff in my drawings ^^ , it's that endless journey in search of that sweet spot, raising the belly can make her look too thin but too low is too buff, the space in between is just real hard for me to get right.

That looks really awesomely adorable :3 I love the colors you use and her facial expression looks really adorable

I would give this a 9/10

Not bad, keep it up :)

Also yes, shading can be a bit of a bitch but I say it just takes practice

I'm sure you'll get it :)

Thanks! I'm always in search of how only a few colors in their most basic form relate to eachother. What color makes something look bright or sad, and how can I manipulate it to the extend of making it show the opposite expression.

Anyway, I'm quite frequently working on shading, I do hope I'll get the hang of it soon, I'm a bit done with the lack of shading in my drawings.

Looks great.  The mane is really nicely done, and so is the tail.  The body is really curvy, but it looks good.  So, you did a great job on this.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I kinda stole Vinyl's mane and added a twist of Raindrops to it, because Raindrops makes everything better. Yeah, the body's kinda curvy, tutorials told me to make it look like a bean xD

This is so cute! I love the style used.  Simple but extremely effective! I adore the colors and the cutie mark was rather clever.  I also am quite fond of the pose/positioning. <3 I do agree that shading is especially difficult though... but practice does make perfect! ^^ I'm sure you could do it!

Great job, keep it up okay? :D

• Brohoof 2

These look great, I love the simplicity of the drawings, and yes, shading can be quite a a bit of work, but I know if you kept doing it, you'd get better! Sweet job :)

• Brohoof 1

Looks wonderful especially after such a long break! I guess depending on if your going for show accuracy I could say that your missing the pupils of the eyes, but otherwise It looks great!

Looks wonderful especially after such a long break! I guess depending on if your going for show accuracy I could say that your missing the pupils of the eyes, but otherwise It looks great!

Thanks! 

Anyway, the pupils are always a problem because it really depends on wether the style allows them to be added or not. Because of the simplicity pupils would look scary, no matter what size I'd make them. 

It's a pretty art :P It's nice and simple which is nice and the color scheme is really pretty (and similar to my ponysona Peppermint Cream)! Good job  ;)

Thanks! Seems like I got the color scheme right ^^ , I always check if colors fit together by drawing optical illusions or patterns.

• Brohoof 1

Very nice, I like the simplistic design and colors very much; sometimes ponies go really over the top with their OC's, and in the process, produce something that is nice looking, but doesn't look like it would ever show up in the show itself.  This... I could totally see this OC showing up in MLP.  Once again, great job, and have a Merry Christmas!!!  :)

• Brohoof 1