Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a reason Google shows up on the user list?

Discordian

Google is always watching.

Just means that the forum is being accessed by Google for nefarious indexing purposes, or something along those lines.

The only thing I can imagine is that google searches lead here so it shows up as a user or something. O.o

Google is periodically crawling the site to index all of our content so you and others can find it in searches. IP.Board can identify Google's IP addresses and tell us what page their servers are currently "reading" for their index. Nothing to worry about. :)

Interesting, Google indexes high popularity sites regularly. I wonder which parts are being indexed, or at least by the cache? I googled "my little pony" plus my username and got my profile, so clearly its caching the profiles anyway.

On a related note, searches for MLP forums are automatically changed to MLB forums which is really annoying.

Maybe that will change once MLP gets more popular than baseball.
  • Brohoof 1

Oh Celestia, I didn't even know what MLB stood for until you said that.

I'd like to see, when somepony searches for MLB, Google ask "Did you mean MLP?"

I thought MLB stood for My Little Brony!

We all know the real reason is that not even the Googlebot avoids being enticed by ponies.

On a related note, searches for MLP forums are automatically changed to MLB forums which is really annoying.

Which is made infinitely worse by the fact that Google doesn't seem to let you turn it off. Because they think there is "no reason to allow users to configure things, we think it makes our engine work better." Which is somewhat troubling considering Google's size and influence.
  • Brohoof 1

Which is made infinitely worse by the fact that Google doesn't seem to let you turn it off. Because they think there is "no reason to allow users to configure things, we think it makes our engine work better." Which is somewhat troubling considering Google's size and influence.

Can't you, at the top of the first results page, click the link that essentially says "No, what you thought was wrong, use my damn search exactly as entered"?

Can't you, at the top of the first results page, click the link that essentially says "No, what you thought was wrong, use my damn search exactly as entered"?

Yes, but the fact that you have to take that step is horribly unnecessary and they really should just give you the option to turn off the autocorrect.

May I ask exactly why you need to search for MLP Forums via Google? Don't you know our domain name?

On that note, I've never seen it "autocorrect" MLP Forums to MLB Forums myself. In Google Canada, we're the fifth result on the first page.

May I ask exactly why you need to search for MLP Forums via Google? Don't you know our domain name?

It's kind of like Googling your own name. It's amusing sometimes.

And sometimes you discover that a teacher gave your essay to some sort of research guy without informing you.

Alternatively: It's fun!

Edited by Spider's Claw

I'm sure there's been a google ponymorphism done someone on the net

A few hours ago I went searchin', but I couldn't find a FiM-styled Googlepony. It probably exists, because my search lasted for all of ten seconds before something else far more interesting than searching for a Googlepony caught my attention.

A few hours ago I went searchin', but I couldn't find a FiM-styled Googlepony. It probably exists, because my search lasted for all of ten seconds before something else far more interesting than searching for a Googlepony caught my attention.

There's a google plus pony:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3