Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everything is a lie.

F7UC

You know, reality is a obsolete term, everything exist but it doesnt.

Opinion: Fluttershy doesn't exist.

Fact: Maybe she doesn't have a three-dimensional, carbon based living body, maybe she is fictional and a product of the human mind, but oh yes, she is real. There are more levels of reality than anyone could think, not just this 3D solid world with humans.

Deal with it.

• Brohoof 8

Logic states that you can't have a question that leads to a similar infinite question:

"Who made us"-"god"-"who made god"-"who made gods god"

So really there are two theories i have: One, none existence is purely man made. There is no such thing such as...utterly nothing or void. There is always something in some form or manner, even if that item exist on another level or a microscopic manner.

Existences exists because that is its nature. Existence needs no start or reason to exist. It purely just exists because without the ability to do so there would be no such thing as existence.

or..our whole entire reality is basic just a massive contradiction. There is no way we should be able to exist but somehow..we do. for whatever reason and if we are a contradiction then really that just leads to a hell lot of theories on how we came to be a contradiction.

that..or..as you said. Everything a lie. But then if that so...it doesn't really matter. Because if everything a lie then all thing exists to us.

ponies exist, spider man exists, god exists, we exist, dancing drunk bearded faeries exists...and they all don't exists at the same time.

Does fluttershy exists...well..no...not with the way things are but if the right conditions and theories are correct then...sure...she could exist I guess. Well..she exists here as a lifeless concept but not as a sentient being.
Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

I agree with that sentiment, to a degree. Existence is as much a state of physicality as it is a state of mind.

Reality goes so much deeper than people realize, so much existing between the mind-body duality (the nature of which I won't get into at the moment, that's a whole other can of worms). Perfect examples are things like lucid dreaming and tulpas. You can manipulate the reality you physically perceive in so many ways. A chilling thought is that we never actually interact directly with "raw" reality. We only interact via the matrix that our mind reconstructs from separate sources of sensory stimuli. Theoretically if someone were to replicate that stimuli via a computer, sync it with brain synapses, and "swap" that reality with our reality, we could end up as brains in jars and nopony would be none the wiser.

Going along further with the self-environment duality, another example are things like the "philosophical zombie." I can verify my own consciousness because...well, "I think, therefore, I am." However, how can I verify your consciousness? How do I know that I'm not the only sentient human in a world of servitors? Or how do you know I am not a servitor, and I am not really conscious, and am just programmed to tell you I am?

I'm glad this topic came up because I saw the trailer for "After Earth" yesterday and there's a very powerful quote that Will Smith makes, and it goes like this.

“If we are going to survive this you must realize that fear is not real, it is a product of thoughts you created”

And isn't it the truth? Our world, our reality, is shaped so much by our emotions. If we had no emotions, or different emotions, the world we perceive would be completely different. We turn our emotions into reality, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Edited by StratoPegasus

Logic states that you can't have a question that leads to a similar infinite question:

So really there are two theories i have: One, none existence is purely man made. There is no such thing such as...utterly nothing or void. There is always something in some form or manner, even if that item exist on another level or a microscopic manner.

Existences exists because that is its nature. Existence needs no start or reason to exist. It purely just exists because without the ability to do so there would be no such thing as existence.

or..our whole entire reality is basic just a massive contradiction. There is no way we should be able to exist but somehow..we do. for whatever reason and if we are a contradiction then really that just leads to a hell lot of theories on how we came to be a contradiction.

that..or..as you said. Everything a lie. But then if that so...it doesn't really matter. Because if everything a lie then all thing exists to us.

ponies exist, spider man exists, god exists, we exist, dancing drunk bearded faeries exists...and they all don't exists at the same time.

Does fluttershy exists...well..no...not with the way things are but if the right conditions and theories are correct then...sure...she could exist I guess. Well..she exists here as a lifeless concept but not as a sentient being.

FS part: Yes, I talked about different levels and types of existence, how can you say a lifeless concept is any less existent than us? Each level and type of existence or non-existence is equal to another.

FS part: Yes, I talked about different levels and types of existence, how can you say a lifeless concept is any less existent than us? Each level and type of existence or non-existence is equal to another.

I never said it didn't exists or that existence is not equal. I said it didn't exist as a sentient creature. A rock exists, a piece of fluff exist. Existence is existence, it has no standard of thinking, ability or function to it. Fluttershy exists...as a none sentient, none living and none interractable concept.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

The cake is a lie. But yes reality is something that is stuck on your own mind, like if you touch a book and you feel it.Really there is no book because your mind made it up.

No, because if that was the case then all outcomes would not be equal. If reality made up by the mind then when someone goes crazy and says "I cannot be burned" he would be immune to fire but there are clear cases where a person perception is not taken into account on the chemical and physical reactions of the universe. The mind see things in a certain view and its true that it can alter that view slightly to seem darker or happier but it can't directly alternate the universes constants.

The cake is a lie. But yes reality is something that is stuck on your own mind, like if you touch a book and you feel it.Really there is no book because your mind made it up.

No. Really there is a book, but it might be a lot different than what you perceive it as. And that perception is what people call "reality"

Yay, google search engine philosophy session. Everyone loves that.

Reality is objective, but your interpretation is not. Existence is part of reality thus can be interpreted in various ways. Also solipsism. I'm basically talking to myself here. No pun intended.

Going by this logic, who is to say we are real? Who is to say our universe isn't just a twig in the tree of unlimited universes?

And by THIS logic, maybe Fluttershy does exist, because, though our imaginations, there is another twig on said tree for Equestria, .MOV Ponyvile, and so many more!

• Brohoof 1

It almost seems as if you see reality as a subjective thing. Like, What we percieve is reality but since people percieve different things they are all reality and there is no one true reality and therefore every is a lie. 

Well i see things differently. I like to beleive in the Multiverse theory to an exent. Every possible thing existing in some other alternate universe and in some seperate reality. So things like equestria or maybe even God can be real somewhere else. So really, to me its not that everything is a lie is that Everything can be true. Emphasis on the can. That means that not evrything is real its that evrything can be real. Its possible.

But when it comes to things that are real to us, real in our universe and our reality, i guess things can get complicated. Like for example, take some metal patient or maybe idk i guy who see ghosts or a mirage. They can all see those thing and perceive 'em. And maybe we can't. So whats real? I guess you can say what people perceieve is there own reality, but then thats just brings up teh question: why isn't it real to us? Like tulpas or other things how is its real to them but not us. Is it real?

Well, i believe reality is an objective thing. we are part of one reality, well our physical selves. However... all those things like tulpas or visions or thinsg they someone can see but no one else can't, i think they are part of some other reality they our minds have grasped onto and now we can perceive those things in this universe. Sorta like all the different universes are realitys or dimensions or however you put it, like they are all overlapping and sometimes our minds can be links into these other worlds, making things that are real in someother world seem real here. And perhaps dreams are just are ours, our conscience, going to someother reality.

Heh, Crazy huh? I must seem like a lunatic I .bet what i just spewed out is a bunch of bullcrap. But hehe evryother theory was always bullcrap at first. Idk it was just i thought i had. Just a thought, a simple theory, and nothing else. I do like to see reality as an objective thing though. But ya do gotta wonder sometimes about reality and stuff.

If everything is a lie, then that means what you said was a lie. Therefore, what you said is false, because it's a lie.

However, if what you said was a lie, that means not everything is a lie. Therefore, what you said could possibly be true, which would mean that everything is a lie.

If everything is a lie, then that means what you said was a lie. Therefore, what you said is false, because it's a lie.

However, if what you said was a lie, that means not everything is a lie. Therefore, what you said could possibly be true, which would mean that everything is a lie.

Enjoy your headache!

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 3

Logic states that you can't have a question that leads to a similar infinite question:

Ok, I just stopped reading there... 

Go read a book. While you were busy talking about God science actually answered all the big questions. 

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/145162445X

Ok, I just stopped reading there... 

Go read a book. While you were busy talking about God science actually answered all the big questions. 

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/145162445X

Congratulations, you now look ignorant. I mentioned god...as an example...I never said god is real. I said a infinite question can't exist. Read the word CAN'T. Cannot, should not and is not capable of being. I just frankly said. God can't exist in that example.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

OP did you find out santa isnt real and decided to make this thread?

i got lied to once about that and i told my parents "listen man, i dont care just give me the spanks" and i wore my spanks every day after that

Congratulations, you now look ignorant. I mentioned god...as an example...I never said god is real. I said a infinite question can't exist. Read the word CAN'T. Cannot, should not and is not capable of being. I just frankly said. God can't exist in that example.

I mean even having that debate is so out of date, so pointless, it's like going into a gun fight with a water balloon you haven't even filled with water.  It's like arguing "I think telegraphs will be the downfall of civilization because people will never see each other face to face." The very idea of the argument about the reason for existence is silly at this point because we have so much more information now that it's not even really something you need to talk about. It's just silly to talk about it. We know how the universe formed. We know it's shape, we know it's expanding at a ever increasing pace, we know how the earth was formed and how life came to be. 

I mean even having that debate is so out of date, so pointless, it's like going into a gun fight with a water balloon you haven't even filled with water.  It's like arguing "I think telegraphs will be the downfall of civilization because people will never see each other face to face." The very idea of the argument about the reason for existence is silly at this point because we have so much more information now that it's not even really something you need to talk about. It's just silly to talk about it. We know how the universe formed. We know it's shape, we know it's expanding at a ever increasing pace, we know how the earth was formed and how life came to be. 

Ah. Sorry. I got a little vexed about the same quote earlier and a bit in RL not too long ago so I kind was ready to pounce at something even remotely similar.

Yeah. I get what you are saying. The god and behind the scenes universal manipulator is pretty much an out of date debate. I was merely using god as the infinite question problem and that the only way something that has an never ending question to its origin would need to exist just because existing is it nature and it needs no reason to be in the first place. Because if that is so then something would always be there to answer that question.

I don't really care about god.

Science has answered most of the things about physics, the start and how the universe works thats true but there still stuff we don't know for sure-mainly the multiverse theory-

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

Enjoy your headache!

Doublethink. And the last statement about truths and lies is unlogical. Mainly because the title was just something I made to get peoples attention and provoke discussion.

OP did you find out santa isnt real and decided to make this thread?

i got lied to once about that and i told my parents "listen man, i dont care just give me the spanks" and i wore my spanks every day after that

I found out that santa IS real. Although he's fictional and doesn't deliver your presents he is real, as a concept. Nothing is unreal, so reality loses it's meaning

If "Everything is a lie", how can that statement be true?

Immanuel Kant's ideas on "reality" were very interesting but they do very little in the service of morality or the general improvement of society when taken to the ultimate.

Paradox, exactly my thoughts, the OP is a contradiction/paradox.

But on a better note, I wouldn't say everything is a lie, but there is more reality than people would perceive. 

But in all REALITY...

The_cake_is_NOT_a_lie_by_ZanderYurami.jp

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

This computer in front of me is a lie :( darn it all! Everything taught in schools is a LIE! 

Question everything and produce your own theories! What may be the truth for others may be a lie to others. 

Darn it all Equestria is real & it is out there in the galaxy.