Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Forrest Gump be a Brony?

GuillermoGage

A few days ago, I thought about the likelihood that a character like Forrest Gump would be appealed by something like My Little Pony: Fngriendship is Magic.

Just imagine him saying it: "I like ponies."

I'd imagine he would like Rainbow Dash. I imagine him saying "I like Rainbow Dash".

Well, we can turn this into a thread about what fictional characters would like these ponies.

I do like this thread title, "Would Forrest Gump be a Brony?" because it seems more click-happy.

Unless I am wrong and I should change it to something like, "What pop-culture characters would like the ponies?"

• Brohoof 1

"Life is like a new MLP:FIM episode, you never know what kind of random things may show up". Forrest Gump 1994-1994

Yeah, after watching that movie countless times, i kind of imagine him saying "i like ponies."

Yeah I feel he would say that as well... I have his voice pictured perfectly in my mind saying "I like Ponies" haha Even explaining to his son what the fandom is all about :3

because of his personality i can definitely picture that forrest gump would be a brony, but i have no idea what hsi favorite would be, maybe fluttershy?

lol Yeah that sounds like it could work out.

I also imagined him in my head saying,"I like Ponies"or "I like Rainbow Dash"

I actually think that would fit very well to the movie,too.

(edited)

We can try to think of what sitcom characters would be like if they liked the show.

Milhouse.... would like Fluttershy?

Fonzie?

Kelso? I imagine he would get into it to impress Jackie.

Edited by GuillermoGage

Why has this question never been asked before? Of course. It all makes perfect sense. Forrest would definitely be a brony, and he would probably tell some people at the bus stop bench about it. This in turn would start a chain reaction of people discovering the magic of friendship and MLP, and Forrest's mentioning of ponies would propel the series into mainstream popularity. Like it is now... You know, someone could almost make it a fanfiction origin story.

• Brohoof 1

"Run Fluttershy, Run!" That's what I sense him saying.

If we had other 'pop culture characters' then what about Saving Private Ryan.  I could just see them all sitting around in one of the stops and one of them pulls out a blindbag.  "what the hell is that?"

"Oh nothin'"

"Soldier, what the Hell is wrong with you?"

I personally think he wouldn't be a brony. But he wouldn't hate it either. He'd just say, "And some kids nowadays liking a show for little girls involving little horses. The times must be chagin', but It's okay. I like ponies though. They remind me of jenny.".

I'll have to disagree. I think you are exaggerating how, for the lack of a better phrase, "socially conservative" he is. Actually, I believe that Forrest would be less judgemental about the small stuff.

Hmm....yes, he wouldn't become a brony, but he wouldn't hate it. He wouldn't fully embrace it, but would rather like it, watch an episode or two, go on a stream or two, and be done with it.

I can see it. In fact, I could see him being a big Fluttershy fan. They both have so much in common. They're very soft-spoken, yet have massive amounts of inner strength. They also have very optimistic and bright worldviews, always looking for the best in people as well as appreciating the beauty of the little things in life.

As for fictional characters as a whole, I've also wondered if the "Big Bang Theory" characters would be bronies. I think the answer is a solid "yes." So much, in fact, that I could very well see it being the subject of a future episode. Moreso, in terms of ponies they associate with-

Sheldon = Rarity

Leonard = Twilight

Howard = Pinkie Pie

Raj = Fluttershy

Penny = Applejack

Amy/Bernadette = Lyra and Bon Bon

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

I can see it. In fact, I could see him being a big Fluttershy fan. They both have so much in common. They're very soft-spoken, yet have massive amounts of inner strength. They also have very optimistic and bright worldviews, always looking for the best in people as well as appreciating the beauty of the little things in life.

As for fictional characters as a whole, I've also wondered if the "Big Bang Theory" characters would be bronies. I think the answer is a solid "yes." So much, in fact, that I could very well see it being the subject of a future episode. Moreso, in terms of ponies they associate with-

Sheldon = Rarity

Leonard = Twilight

Howard = Pinkie Pie

Raj = Fluttershy

Penny = Applejack

Amy/Bernadette = Lyra and Bon Bon

Why Rarity for Sheldon? Something to do with fussiness and having a great sense of pride and comfort in one's line of work?

I guess they would differ in how much they want to one day meet a mate in life.

Why Rarity for Sheldon? Something to do with fussiness and having a great sense of pride and comfort in one's line of work?

Bingo! Or, rather, in the immortal words of Big Macintosh, "Eeyup."

No one can deny that Sheldon can be a drama queen like Rarity. :P