Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dinosaurs?

ReGen

I just wondered if anyone else thought that there was the possibility that dinosaurs exist in Equestria.

Maybe they do, but they're like Alicorns, reeaally rare. 

How could I not click onto the thread with a name like that?

...I think they probably could do, y'know, just the same sort of thing as the dragons- All in one place, far away, like a crater or something..

Would be interesting to see what would happen, I suppose...

Pinkie: "Heeeey, Twilight, look what I found!"

Twi: *Sighs* What is it? I'm kinda busy, so it better be important. Is the meadow on fire again?"

Pinkie: "I found a Dinosaur."

Twi: "............................I read about them....They eat ponies and anything smaller than them......."

Dino: "Rawr."

P&T: "Uh.....Run?"

Sorry, mental scenarios are fun ^-^

• Brohoof 2

For some reason, I thought this was a discussion thread for my favorite puppet sitcom from the nineteen-nineties...

I think I'll just leave now before I embarrass myself...

• Brohoof 3

Well if dragons,griffins,hydras,cockatrices and other mythical animals can exist within equestria than its likely there might be dinosaurs there as well. While they're may be no evidence linking that they certainly do exist there isn't any evidence that proves they don't exist there either.   

• Brohoof 2

Well, if there were Dinosaurs, then that would be indirectly implying evolution....and that raises some questions on why alicorns would exist then, and why pegasus and unicorns exist...in the end, I'd like to say a wizard did it, but that'd be a cop out.

But in all seriousness, there probably were prehistoric creatures roaming the land of Equestria on their version of Pangea, and I'm wondering what they would look like.  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria...

There were dinosaurs. Then they sprouted wings. Now there are dragons.

This is my theory. I could expand upon it if you want.

• Brohoof 1

Well we may not have dinosaurs that we know today like tyrannosaurs and trysarotops, but I could see a scenario with a prehistoric like creature. It could be an ancient dragon, or a creature frozen in ice only to be thawed out and alive.

Only way I see it happening without having the problem of evolution to explaine. Religious parents would case a problem if the show sarted to preach evolution theories. This is what I think may happen if they attamept evolution to explain a prehistoric creature in the show.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really think Dinosaurs, animals that have been extinct for thousands of years could be buried under Equestria.

There might be a theory about it, and maybe the ponies will find them one way or another.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, dinosaurs were in Equestira, but they are long gone. However, there are ancestors of the dinosaurs, called Dragons.

Man, I thought of this post, and then read one above me with the same idea.  -_-

• Brohoof 1

Well if dragons,griffins,hydras,cockatrices and other mythical animals can exist within equestria than its likely there might be dinosaurs there as well. While they're may be no evidence linking that they certainly do exist there isn't any evidence that proves they don't exist there either.   

Did someone REALLY just say that there is no concrete evidence dinosaurs exist? Bronies band together, we have to rescue Chaotic Harmony from the 1950s.

I suppose the fossils, evolutionary chain links, DNA-similarity with modern animals, and other forms of physical evidence don't exist then,

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

You ever notice how a bunch of similar topics always pop up at once?  I just logged in to see four separate dinosaur in Equestria topics in the recent panel.  Like, why dinosaurs all of a sudden?  I mean, this topic was made over a year ago, I see, but why are all the dino topics popping up suddenly?  It's just kinda funny.

Incidentally, I don't really think dinos would fit Equestrian lore all that well.  But I think an adamantoise could work.

post-26336-0-55696100-1408801760.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I imagine dinos in Equestria, but I think I imagine more like giant flightless birds and stuff, where Daring Do goes on her adventures. But it would be cool if they had dinosaurs kind of like in World of Warcraft...you know, like those Stegosaurus-type ones with electrical spines (Godzilla?) because those were cool.