Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Should i buy spore?

mane6

I want reveiws on the spore mc/mac game as i am going to buy it as i have seen really good vidos is it worth spending my money on??

PSH that's like saying "should I buy Skyrim" the creature creator itself is enough to warrant it being worth a buy, but the space exploration mode is tons of good fun. I give it my recommendation 

9 Sturdy Wing's out of 10

Cool thanks guys because back in my kids days i used to play spore on my ds but my ds was wacked up and it would fuzz every known and agin but i loved spore on the ds sooooo i will spend my 12 pounds at game on spore on monday!!  Because i will start getting a pound a day from today so that would be sunday but oh well!

While it can have a fairly arduous learning curve, Spore is DEFINITELY worth whatever price. The Creature stage on its own is a lot of fun, and the infinite expanse of space (where I JUST got to) is daunting and exciting.

9/10, would buy again.

Ohhhh yay i have my new computer nearlly ready and soon spore will b mine! I have seen some pretty wack spore creatures im going to make a carnivore lol is it hard or anything?

Personally, I would say no. I was really excited about this game and waited through Celestia knows how many delays. When it was finally released and I got my hands on it, I was extremely disappointed. It had a nice kind of novelty which lasted about a week.

I actually recently spoke to some friends about it, and they all felt the same.

But hey, you might enjoy it, opinions vary.

• Brohoof 2

"should I buy Skyrim"

Already have bro and its the best Rpg i have ever played. Cant wait to get spore wanted it for YEARS  And i cant beleive next week it will be in my hooves or claws but whatevs yay!

Ohhhh yay i have my new computer nearlly ready and soon spore will b mine! I have seen some pretty wack spore creatures im going to make a carnivore lol is it hard or anything?

If you've ever played The Sims, then Spore won't be too hard. Especially when you get to the Tribal and Civilization stage, you need to control multiple creatures, their motives, your village/cities, AND track all of your allies/enemies. 

But it's so fun that you don't mind any challenging portions.

i have watched vids about tribal phase and it dosent look that good then can you still control your spore like when you did after cell stage?

Yeah i have had sims but is space exploring like on after cell stage? Because i would love to keep the game the same stage as second stage. Anyways thanks guys

i have watched vids about tribal phase and it dosent look that good then can you still control your spore like when you did after cell stage?

Yeah i have had sims but is space exploring like on after cell stage? Because i would love to keep the game the same stage as second stage. Anyways thanks guys

Personally, Tribal gave me the most grief. You have a leader which is essentially 'you', but you also have a pack.

I'm not quite sure what your second question is asking...you go from Cell to Creature to Tribal to Civ to Space. Once you 'unlock' a stage with your first Spore, you can start a new Spore in that phase. In addition, once you 'win' a stage you can continue playing it indefinitely. 

thanks and what i meant was when you go to space do you carry on playing it undefingly like the stage after cell stage setting thing were you fly and stuff

Personally, Tribal gave me the most grief. You have a leader which is essentially 'you', but you also have a pack.

I'm not quite sure what your second question is asking...you go from Cell to Creature to Tribal to Civ to Space. Once you 'unlock' a stage with your first Spore, you can start a new Spore in that phase. In addition, once you 'win' a stage you can continue playing it indefinitely. 

Not if you cheat .... Just a reminder it is the same makers of sims so to activate simple CTRL ALT C i think or CTRL C.

Well you should play spore but just wondering what version of it, will you take the expansion with it or just normal spore?

If you've ever played The Sims, then Spore won't be too hard. Especially when you get to the Tribal and Civilization stage, you need to control multiple creatures, their motives, your village/cities, AND track all of your allies/enemies. 

But it's so fun that you don't mind any challenging portions.

Platinum Spore is the best mod ever. I mean seriously, well that and whatever one allows you to change the city walls, but yeah, that's all good.

well i will take normal spore then i will save up for expansions like i do with my games buy the normal game and then save up for expansions. Its an easier way then going to buy them at once because you would have to wait longer.

thanks and what i meant was when you go to space do you carry on playing it undefingly like the stage after cell stage setting thing were you fly and stuff

Well, yes you do need to do it infinitly until you earn the highest rank (game over) and end the game at that point winning the game.

Depends on what you expect from a game :D

If you are looking for a deeply worked trough economic simulator or combat tactics game, then you should go try elsewhere.

If you are looking for a mix of fun almost-minigames connected with your own creature, without the need for micromanagement and carefully balancing your armies etc., go and pick Spore. It certainly is a lot of fun :D

well i will take normal spore then i will save up for expansions like i do with my games buy the normal game and then save up for expansions. Its an easier way then going to buy them at once because you would have to wait longer.

Well ok but just saying the expansion is better than the original it freaking becomes a RPG 3-d first person and third person view YOU can even fly with jet packs! ...i want to find spore again now....

aww come on you should let it last forever!!!!! Because you work hard for such  good game to end thats just depressing but i would start it again and stay on second stage because its best i think along with spsace ifi i get spore and due to the revieiws

aww come on you should let it last forever!!!!! Because you work hard for such  good game to end thats just depressing but i would start it again and stay on second stage because its best i think along with spsace ifi i get spore and due to the revieiws

Well you could make it infinite becuz you need to click the 'evolve' button to make the ending come but it freaking suckz that you cannot do much else there :l

Personally, I would say no. I was really excited about this game and waited through Celestia knows how many delays. When it was finally released and I got my hands on it, I was extremely disappointed. It had a nice kind of novelty which lasted about a week.

I actually recently spoke to some friends about it, and they all felt the same.

But hey, you might enjoy it, opinions vary.

Glad I wasn't the only one that was let down by this game.

Maybe I should say Supremely let down?

It's just that it promised soo much, and delivered so little. You can beat it in just a few hours??  How do I feel accomplished with conquering the planet if I can do it in a few hours????

Edited by TheBigBadMoon

Glad I wasn't the only one that was let down by this game.

Maybe I should say Supremely let down?

It's just that it promised soo much, and delivered so little. You can beat it in just a few hours??  How do I feel accomplished with conquering the planet if I can do it in a few hours????

Did you do space age? it takes 1000 missions (AT LEAST) to get half way through plus that you need to have allies enemies BE ON EVERY PLANET HAVE A HEALTH BAR ENERGY BAR AND CELESTIAS PLOT ThaT FREAKING ANNOYING ENEMY THAT IS 10X STRONGER THAN YOU... Now that its solved please consider playing it AGAIN.

wow im getting that expansion pack whats it called??? Can you tell me then i will save up for it not sure about jet packs but it sounds awsome!!

wow please dont argue but 1000 missions O.O Cant wait to conquer spore!!! Have any of you played the ds spore game? I found that really good! Infact i loved it

I don't recommend Spore. It's been a great source of headaches for me.

Back when I first heard about Spore in 2006, I was REALLY excited for it. Back then, it wasn't colorful, it wasn't dumb-ed down, it wasn't child-friendly. It was a cold, harsh, difficult, dark, realistic simulation game. Which is what I wanted. The beta from 2006 looks completely different.

But then one day SOMEBODY got a brilliant idea to "Dumb-down" the game. And you know what? They did. Now the cells have freaken eyeballs. EYEBALLS! Why on Earth would they do that? CELLS DON'T HAVE EYE BALLS. That's not all though, they dumb-downed it much farther than that. They made it colorful, goofy, and EASY. They took away features, and complicated existing ones. Why does my creature have to have a mouth? It's MY creature, what if I want it to be a plant? Why does my creature need eyes to see? What if I want him to sense the world by sound? Too bad. I don't get to create any creature I want, I have to play it by their book. What if I want to make a tree? Nope, can't do that.

You know how long it took to beat the game on hard from Cell to Space? 8 hours. Yeah, Space Stage was cool for about 3 hours, but then I realized that Space Stage is completely pointless. You don't win. It just goes on forever.

Don't buy Spore, buy a different game instead. There's tons of great games for 20 dollars. Like Mass Effect!

• Brohoof 5