open Need for Heroes! (Revamp) Role Play

Octavia's Bow

Link to OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/46827-need-for-heroes-revamp/#entry1122462

Den sat at his desk sadly looking at a picture of Cherry Blossom. It had been a few days since she ran away, at it still felt like a punch in the gut, not to mention all the foals she left behind. He half suspected there was something she was keeping from him, but the unfortunate truth was that there was no way of knowing. She had disappeared without a trace.

Sapphire watched him frowning, knowing he was still reeling from the loss of his partner and wife. She perked up at a single thought; If I make him brownies, he'll feel better! With that, she happily bounced off to the small kitchen she had personally requested... not that she'd had to twist Nightfall's hoof that much. She began to bake.

Maven paced in the lobby of the police station. Where is he? He promised we'd go out tonight. If he goes back on these dates again over another case, I am going to force him to drink alcohol. I will force an entire bottle down his throat. Being sufficiently unfit for 'duty,' we will finally have that date. And Celestia knows what will happen if I find out he's seeing another mare...

This is the town, thought Feraen, padding back onto familiar-looking streets. She brushed traveling dirt off her red uniform, looking through a dirty, cracked window. My brothers are here, but I think... I feel an slight amount of soul-magic residue... She stepped into an abandoned hospital. The interior looked burnt, battered, crushed, and destroyed. She stopped in a room with a smash bed, cracked monitor, and two dead foals. The back of her eyes flashed as a memory swept through her,, and she knew it wasn't hers. It literally caused him to fragment... He is no longer one, but he is one. Father knew this would happen. She shook her head as a different memory hit her; a bed of rags, the taste of cherry, the smell of sickness and death. Our life has never been easy, but always honorable. He would have done it for a reason. She closed her eyes and let the memory play like a video in her head. Den was attending to his battered captain. a scientist came in, these foals his experiments. They... Oh Den... She turned from the room as it slowly began to heat. Walking out of the puilding, the room blazed into an inferno, melting all of the evidence without destroying the build. Feraen moved on.

• Brohoof 3

Maven paced in the lobby of the police station. Where is he? He promised we'd go out tonight. If he goes back on these dates again over another case, I am going to force him to drink alcohol. I will force an entire bottle down his throat. Being sufficiently unfit for 'duty,' we will finally have that date. And Celestia knows what will happen if I find out he's seeing another mare...

Nightfall trotted into the lobby, and immediately noticed Maven. He trotted by her, almost passing her when he remembered their date. He moved a bit faster towards her.

"I'm sorry... I forgot. Let me go get ready," he said, giving her a quick kiss and trotting down towards his office.

Nightfall trotted into the lobby, and immediately noticed Maven. He trotted by her, almost passing her when he remembered their date. He moved a bit faster towards her.

"I'm sorry... I forgot. Let me go get ready," he said, giving her a quick kiss and trotting down towards his office.

She sighed with relief and trotted after him, "When I said less hot-headed, I did not mean absent minded..." She said, stepping into his office. She pointed to his calender; the date was even circled in red. With highlighter, "You sure do know how to make a mare nervous Nighty..."

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: Yea...I'm starting in the Asylum again.)

Slicer was laying on the ground of his padded cell. He was wearing a straight jacket and muzzle. He stared at a small stain on the wall, Sometimes letting out a little giggle. *We're Breaking Out Todaaay.* *Yup...I know...I was the one who planned it.* He thought, Rolling over onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. *Remind me why we had to wait this long ?* *Because the city had too many villains...I wanna break out and I wanna be known, I want the new's to be saying that a pony has escaped from the Manehattan Mental Institution.* He stood up on his back leg's and shakily walked over to his bed where he lay down, Waiting for the moment.

(This letter is in Nightfalls mailbox. I'm assuming we're keeping the relationships we formed in the first RP.)

Dear Dimwit,

I severely hope you remember who I am without reading the return address. I'd hate to be forgotten by my favorite dimwit. For once, I'm not trying to warn you about a demon threat or a homocidal ex partner, but I do need for you to do something. I need you to visit me, Nightfall. I have some things to say that just don't fit in a letter the right way. You can bring Sapphire and Maven if you'd like. You do remember where I live, right?

There's even an old friend here that you may be interested in seeing.

• Brohoof 1

She sighed with relief and trotted after him, "When I said less hot-headed, I did not mean absent minded..." She said, stepping into his office. She pointed to his calender; the date was even circled in red. With highlighter, "You sure do know how to make a mare nervous Nighty..."

(This letter is in Nightfalls mailbox. I'm assuming we're keeping the relationships we formed in the first RP.)

Dear Dimwit,

I severely hope you remember who I am without reading the return address. I'd hate to be forgotten by my favorite dimwit. For once, I'm not trying to warn you about a demon threat or a homocidal ex partner, but I do need for you to do something. I need you to visit me, Nightfall. I have some things to say that just don't fit in a letter the right way. You can bring Sapphire and Maven if you'd like. You do remember where I live, right?

There's even an old friend here that you may be interested in seeing.

"Yeah, yeah... And I'm sorry, ok?"

He smiled at her, removing his hat and shaking his mane out. It had grown a bit longer.

"Gonna need to get it trimmed here soon, hmm?"

He smiled at Maven, and picked up a letter, opening it.

"Huh... Jack..."

He read it silently.

"Hopefully he can wait..."

He got up, and kissed Maven lightly.

"Ready? Or do you want to to change out of my uniform?"

After a few minutes, A small bell could be heard down the hall, It was the Guard shift change. Slicer grinned and started struggling with his Straight jacket, Trying to get it to loosen up slightly. 

*I gotta give escape artists more credit...These things suck.* He thought after a few minutes of struggling, He had managed to get it loose. He couldn't take the whole thing off without help but he had managed to get his hooves loose. He smiled and started fiddling with the strap's for the muzzle, Trying to get it off.

Thunder Hooves smirked as he trotted into Manehattan. "Seems like a lovely city, a city that may have need of a hero," He said quietly to himself as he was trotting along. "May as well get a few drinks while I'm here," he told himself with a chuckle before trotting into a nearby bar and throwing a bag of bits to the bartender. "I'll take as much hard cider as that gets me," he said.

Démence sat is his cell, waiting. "Of course, they put ME in the highest security cell." He thought aloud. "What kind of a cell is this anyway?" He moved his hoof near the bars to feel a slight zap on it. "Electric? You catch a professional escapist and the best you can do is electric?" He moved his hoof closer. "Ooh. High voltage. How fun." He looked at what he had. Electric iron bars, some bracelets and cuffs. How foolish of them. He took off a bracelet and set it on the ground, pressing a hidden button then moving away from it. The bracelet ticked down. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. And it exploded. "Down with the cell. Now to escape this damned prison!"

(Jack forgot Den, huh?)

Den sighed and turned to get out of the office he'd chosen with Cherry Blossom and got a face full of Sapphire. She bounced off him and immediately got back up, presenting him with a plate of brownies and stuffing it in his mouth before could apologize. He was left to wonder what the hay just happened as she bounced away, magically organizing.

Maven shrugged, "Depends, where are you taking me? Or do you want the general public to know the Police Captain is dating the Music Maven?"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Patches finished his day of school (I'm assuming it's midday by now :/ ) and walked back to Den's house (Pretty sure it was a house in the last RP. I'll change it to apartment if that's the case). Den wasn't home. the house was completely empty aside from him, that was often the case now that Cherry Blossom was gone.

Edited by Pretty Koenma
  • Brohoof 1

Slicer managed to get the muzzle off just in time. Hoofstep's could be heard making their way down the hall towards Slicers room.

He smiled and left the muzzle on, But made sure it was loose so he could throw it off. He wrapped his arms around himself to make it look like the straight jacket was still on properly as the guard reached the door. "Alright...You know the rules, Slicer. Back against the wall." Said the guard, Taking a key from his belt and placing it into the lock on the door. Slicer grinned and backed against the wall.

The guard opened the door and walked in a little ways. "So...Today you get to eat with the rest of the patents to see if you are ready to be moved into one of the...Not padded ce-" The guard was cut off as Slicer shook off the muzzled and ran at the guard.

Before the guard had time to yell, Slicer had kicked him across the face. The guard fell to the floor, Unconscious. Slicer snapped the guards neck and trotted out of his cell, Closing the door behind him.

The alarm sounded. "DAMMIT." Démence started running out of the prison. A guard ran in front of him to stop him. Démence jumped into the air, kicking the guard, which knocked him out. Démence took the guard uniform and started walking forwards. A familiar guard walked past. The guard that had locked him up in the first place. Démence took a gun out of the uniform and shot him, retrieving the key to his handcuffs. Now free from the shackles, he dropped the gun, now having no use for it. He saw a vault near the exit, which he guessed was where all prisoner's stuff would be, and blew it up. He found his explosives bag and swung it over his back, leaving a 'present' in the prison. "Ahh. Fresh air. About time. That cell was terrible." He looked around. "No welcome back parties? What a shame." He ran off, knowing that police would be there to investigate in no time.

Thunder Hooves heard sirens in the distance as he started on his fifth cider. "well then, I guess my first gig is up," he thought before getting up from the bar and trotting out into a back alley. He quickly donned his black cloak and mask. Looking through the white lightning bolt shaped eye glasses on the mask. He climbed up one of the nearby buildings and went to a fire escape near the prison. he then listened as the guards talked about a breakout.

As Slicer trotted down the hall towards the guard's room, He heard sirens...They sounded like they were coming from...The prison, Which was a separate building from the asylum but they were in the same general area. *Look's like i'm not the only one who had escape in mind.* He thought, Slipping on the straight jacket, Which was still covering his hooves. "Damn this bloody thing." He muttered, Biting at the straps with his teeth (Which he has filed into sharp points)

Edited by Flame Dancer

@,

Patches finished his day of school (I'm assuming it's midday by now :/ ) and walked back to Den's house (Pretty sure it was a house in the last RP. I'll change it to apartment if that's the case). Den wasn't home. the house was completely empty aside from him, that was often the case now that Cherry Blossom was gone.

Den chewed the brownie substance in his mouth, exiting the building. He'd forgotten to go get Patches again. I need to start remembering. Her gone is no excuse for neglect. I should know that better than most. He hurried and trotted home, trying to get there first, but he knew from the unlocked door. "Hey Patches. Sorry about today... again."

Thunder Hooves, or "Spark," as he was known by the general public when he donned this outfit, looked across the way and through the window of the nearby asylum to see somepony breaking out of the nuthouse. "Tsk Tsk, not while Spark is on the watch," he said as he pulled out his weapon of choice for shots this far. It was a long tube with a stock but inside an entire thundercloud was stored. By hitting the right spot on the tube he could send a high power lightning bolt at his target. "I've got you," he muttered before tapping the tube and sending a bolt flying through the air crashing the window and causing glass to fly towards the pony in the asylum. Two shard in particular were flying for his neck and eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Den chewed the brownie substance in his mouth, exiting the building. He'd forgotten to go get Patches again. I need to start remembering. Her gone is no excuse for neglect. I should know that better than most. He hurried and trotted home, trying to get there first, but he knew from the unlocked door. "Hey Patches. Sorry about today... again."

"Mhm" Patches said, still unpacking his school bag. The only piece of homework that he was concerned about was an Algebra II assignment on imaginary numbers, which seemed to have no point to him. He put the papers on the kitchen counter and looked back at Den. "I understand how jobs work." He said. "It's not your fault that you get home at this hour."

He sighed, unpacking his weapons, "If that were an excuse, lives of many would be incalculably easier. So, how was your day? Stay out of trouble?" I hope it's better for him than for me. Man, school was rough. Especially the Algebra. Especially. The Algebra. Unfortunately, you have to be able to do your numbers to do taxes.

@@Half-Note,

Slicer had just managed to rip off the straps of the Straight jacket, When he heard a loud bang. Expecting it to be a gun of some type, He quickly did a back flip, Hoping to dodge whatever it was that had been fired. Glass shard's flew past his face, One cutting his cheek.

Slicer growled and stared out the now broken window. He saw a pony out across the yard with some sort of...Lighting shooter ? He sneered and quickly ran down the hall, Much faster than the average pony could.

Edited by Flame Dancer

(I added a fun new experimental character to the OOC.)

"It wasn't that bad." Patches said. "Boring. Except for third period english, two freshmen got in a fight across the hall. Mr. Press litterally picked one of them up and carried him to the office. That was kinda funny. How about you? I haven't heard you talk about nightfall in a while."

((A little more than a few feet but whatever.))

Thunder Hooves saw the pony dodge the glass shards and smirked. "Now it's fun," he said before flying up to the skies. He scanned the building and noted all of the possible exits and made sure to rapidly switch between each one so as not to miss the wackjob.

Frey was in the middle of a nap high in the clouds when one of his ears twitched.

'Now tha's a wiggle!' he thought. 'Mus' be somethin' exciting goin about, and I'll be just short of a fool ta be missin it!' He stood up, spread his wings, and yawned. He poked his snout to the air and listened for the sounds of excitement.

He shrugged, "Nightfall is Nightfall. He works at his own pace, and right now that pace is understandably slow. However, I have a feeling in my gut that says things are about to get really bad, real fast. You're sure about this school thing, right?"

Feraen turned at the sound of sirens. That's not good. Not good at all. Her eyes glowwed faintly, as she switched to her sight of preference: heat vision. She quickly came upon an interesting seen; an electric-wielding pony in a costume flinging lightning at... a pony standing over a straight jacket. This particular pony seemed to move at high speeds. Not so fast, you need to go home. Quickly calculating, she set up a wall of fire before the pony, fearing she may have put it too close to him to avoid singing his person.

• Brohoof 1

@@Half-Note,

Démence saw the pegasus flying above the asylum looking for somepony. "Well, time for some fun!" He thought, once again aloud. He pulled out a basic bomb and ran towards the pegasus. The pegasus had some kind of... lightning launcher. He threw his bomb at the white coated pegasus, causing it to explode in midair and hopefully catch his attention.