Banner by ~ The Wife of Levi

This is a challenge.

That DJ Pony

Hey I'm Desperaux 117, and I'm in a jam. None of my family members know that I like MLP. Neither do my friends. I have been able to keep this secret for nearly half a year. One of my friends got back from a comic convention and had a MLP button. Now I got excited, but then I stopped. What happens if he just did it for a joke? I'm not sure what to so. Help me fellow ponys.

• Brohoof 2

You've been watching it for half a year without telling anyone? Why? It's just a television show, and if someone laughs at you, you have proof of it being a good show. Don't react like it's a big deal. You can bring it up, but don't only talk about it.

Unrelated: Welcome to the forums!

It's not fair that you're being made to feel ashamed for liking a certain cartoon.  Would your family or friends tease you for liking Spongebob or the Powerpuff Girls?  Then they shouldn't make fun of you for liking this either. 

The good news is the tide is turning and people are realizing that G4 MLP is, really, much more gender neutral than previous generations.  But it will take some more time before everybody understands that.  Welcome to the forum, BTW.  :)

Well, if he's really your friend, what's the worst that could happen if you tell him? It would be a pretty stupid thing to ruin a friendship over, and  if he makes fun of you for it, then you have to wonder if he's really your friend or not.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

Let me get one thing straight. The friend was not my best friend, just one of those friends you hang out with sometimes when your bored and your real friends aren't around.

Well, then I don't see how you really have much to lose if you tell him. Worst case scenario, you lose a friend who you didn't like all that much anyway, best case scenario, it becomes something that you to have in common and maybe you become better friends because of it.

• Brohoof 2

Dah, if he knows, all that could happen is he tells everypony you know and you spend the rest of your life being laughed at for liking a cartoon that was originally made for little girls and eventually you will have to deal with the pain and hardships of being bullied and beaten until the point of you committing suicide and the world will never realize the fact that their double standards of society took a life of an innocent teenager. he laughs until he either grows a pair of balls and grows up, or becomes a brony. Unless he's already a brony, that would be awesome.

These kind of things usually aren't a big deal if you don't make a big deal of it yourself.

Does not apply to everyone however, some people are mean and will do nasty things only for you liking the show, ditch them or try to "convert" them.  :umad:

Edited by Floris