Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What to do at a brony-meetup?

FancyPhoenix

I recently found out that I am not in fact the only brony in my very small school.

I happened to be around when four girls in my class were discussing conventions and one of them mentioned the upcoming Crystal Fair brony-convention held in Finland in the summer of 2014. I had suspected them being bronies for a while already, and I had been thinking how to ask them about it. Seeing my chance, I threw in a comment: "Oh, yeah. I'm totally going there" Result: They all look at me totally flabbergasted for a moment and then one of them asks me: "Do you watch ponies?" To which I answer: "Yeah, I do actually" Their faces literally lit up and they were like "YES! We're not the only ones!" After this we chatted random stuff for a while, after which I say, completely as a joke btw: "There's so many of us, we should totally have a meetup or something" Like I said, it was a joke, because there's only five of us, but they get all excited and ask me when and where.

So, now I need some fun things to do at a brony-meetup with four girls (and one other guy possibly, found out he might be a brony too). Any ideas? Of course we're probably going to watch some MLP, but anything else? I've never actually been at any meetups, so I really have no idea what people usually do in those.

Eat together, discuss ponies, and other hobbies and interests, visit stores with ponies inside(bound to be a couple of stores there, right?), and just overall have fun. Of course, if theres a convention nearby, plan it to happen then; you'll always find somthing to do at cons.

• Brohoof 1

•__•

Are you from the future?

You claim to hail from 2014.

Or is it just a title they put on?

Anyway, just stuff you would do with your freinds. Hang out, eat, talk about the show, Go to stores, you know just fun stuff.

Also congrats on finding other fellow bronies. For many I herd it's a hard things to accomplish.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

From the future, eh? :P That would be cool, wouldn't it?

But what I meant about the 2014 was that the Crystal Fair convention will be in 2014 (see that small "upcoming" word there?)

Thanks for the ideas anyway, mates. :) There really aren't any stores where I live that sell pony-merch, so that's unfortunately off the list... But all the other stuff sounds good :D I think we can make it happen. Now that I think about it, calling it a meetup isn't really right, since there's so few of us. More like just a get-together with friends :)

Oh, and as a side note, that other guy I mentioned did turn out to be a brony :3 So now there's a total of six bronies in just my class. That's a lot concidering that my school is very small and there's only 24 people in my class... Holdon just a moment... That's friggin 25%! Wow... :P

EDIT: Cupcake-rank achieved with this post! Booyah!! :D

EDIT #2: Oh, and in case you want to know more about the convention, visit here http://www.crystalfair.fi/ the convention is still so far away, there's really nothing big decided yet, apart from the venue, but more stuff will be added as the planning continues. I'm hoping to see as many people there as possible :) I'm totally going if I just manage to get the weekend free from the army (damn you mandatory military service...)

Edited by Jamza
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, and as a side note, that other guy I mentioned did turn out to be a brony :3 So now there's a total of six bronies in just my class. That's a lot concidering that my school is very small and there's only 24 people in my class... Holdon just a moment... That's friggin 25%! Wow... :P

EDIT: Cupcake-rank achieved with this post! Booyah!! :D

Wow, you have no idea how lucky you are. My school is pretty big, around 600 students for the size of the building, and ive met no other bronies in any of my 8 classes XD

Congratz on your new rank, and good luck with your brony get-together :)

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...