Is Queen Chrysalis a bug

TheMarkz0ne

Excuse me!?

Changeling are not bugs... They are ponies with the ability to change there shape and size but must feed on love.

They have... Um... Bug like wings... And... Um... Well...

Buck it... Idk what they really are... They seem to be like bugs... Idk...

(edited)

Another reason why I think they are bugs is that in the comics(which I guess you can consider canon) The changelings put some ponies in these gooey pods. Like the collectors did in Mass Effect 2. Queen Chrysalis herself is also like a queen bee. Leading the fight with her army with her.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 1

Insectoid equines. Like how crabs are Arachnoid Crustaceans. They're equines that borrow traits from insects. Although I think it's tricky to apply Earths biology to this world. Discord has a snake tail, does that make him a reptile? I think the "What you see is what it is" approach works for cartoons well. So she's a vaguely equine black creature with insectoid traits.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 1

They have some bug-like characteristics, but they still have the same basic shape as the ponies. Of course sense they can change their appearance at will, that doesn't really mean anything. I guess I'd say they're sort of a mix of bug and pony.

• Brohoof 1

Real men don't need signatures...

or legitimate usernames.

Well, I'd say there is definitely some insectoid in there, but they are still primarily equines. I think most fans put too much emphasis on the insect part.

Edited by Magic Man

Just like I see Discord as a weird odd horse species, I see the same for the Changelings. If the universe that Equestria is set in has horses as well a miniature magic centric counterparts that are their own species called "ponies", why can't changelings and draconequi just be other species?

Just like I see Discord as a weird odd horse species, I see the same for the Changelings. If the universe that Equestria is set in has horses as well a miniature magic centric counterparts that are their own species called "ponies", why can't changelings and draconequi just be other species?

Yeah but Discord is a supernatural force. Like a spirit. So it's tricky to define when comparing to Chrysalis, who's race seems to be wholly biological (Maybe using magic to shapeshift, that could explain changelings having horns) but for the most part Chrysalis isn't some kind of supernatural chaos god. Just a species looking for food.

I'd say she's both a Bug- and Flying-type. Celestia used Solar Beam on her, and it was barely effective.

Really though I think she was at least a separate species, like everybody else is saying. :V

They have bug-like qualities, but they seem to be an evolutionary cousin to ponies as both species share many features. Appearance-wise they look most like ponies, and they seem to have hooves...

They need to do some changeling episodes and give us more information...

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/viny1-scratch

DeviantART: http://twinhead-b.deviantart.com/

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Viny1 Scratch

PSN: Booossh

Steam: twinheadb

Chrysalis is a changeling. Changelings are their own race, and not just unique to My Little Pony. From what I've seen , it is commonly depicted with changeling's true forms being insect-like in modern pop culture. I'd assume that the Changelings are their own unique race. They only bear resemblance to a pony and an insect.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

Signature.png

Changelings are a unique species, but you can still ask if they are insects or mammals (or something completely different).

The facts are, their outer appearence does remind of insects (look at those wings!), they seem to form something like a hive (or so it's most commonly interpreted), and also they locked up Celestia in a cocoon.

On the other hand, Chrysalis has a mane and tail and pony-like eyes (unlike her minions), fangs and a physiognomy which simply wouldn't work with an exoskeleton (despite the fact that they're way to big for that... but hey, they also got holes in their wings, don't they?).

So I would suppose them to be mammals if we want to stay with the classification we have in our world - or at least so close to mammals that I would expect to find flesh and blood and bones and those things in their bodys (in their true form).

"I don't have ships, I have an armada!" ~ unknown

They never really specify what race the changlings are. I mean Chrysalis is in the shape of a alicorn, but she has bug wings and has very arachnid type of features. What do you think

She's a black ditto. That went wrong when a ditto failed to transform into a beedrill for mating. Just kidding...

Anyway, I think it's highly likely that she could be some sort of bug. I don't really know what her "Cheese Legs" would be though. XD I thought she was some sort of Dark Fairy figure.

Well, you know how pegasus are basically horses with bird's wings? I think it's kinda like that, but with a bug. So she's a mare/bug mix. But she's mostly a horse. Changelings are...changelings. The show just made them up. They kinda look like horses, but their mainly bug. 

Chrysalis has bug wings, and texture, but she has the horn, and body shape and eyes of a horse. So yeah, kinda like a mix. :)