Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will King Sombra Come Back?

Splodge Inks

I wrote an entire fan theory on King Sombra returning two years ago that still feels me with a sense of accomplishment to this day, so you can tell how I feel. :P I didn't even know about the e-mail leaks prior, the thing that pretty much confirmed his return for me was Big Jim Miller posting on Twitter about wanting Sombra to have a "proper voice actor". 

It is clear that they have some sentiment for the character. Anyone with such sentiment would consider it a disgrace for the show to end without him returning. :fluttershy:

• 5 months later...

Honestly, how many characters have even died during the whole show?  I dont hope the magic of friendship can be used to nuke someone. Either it neutralized the evil within Sombra which is why Grogar has no more use of him, or he will be back in finals because why would they still mention Sombra but not freak out over that two huge villains are MISSING from the monster prison........... or they really did a terrible job if they actually killed him off like that...

46 minutes ago, ekitty3 said:

Honestly, how many characters have even died during the whole show?  I dont hope the magic of friendship can be used to nuke someone. Either it neutralized the evil within Sombra which is why Grogar has no more use of him, or he will be back in finals because why would they still mention Sombra but not freak out over that two huge villains are MISSING from the monster prison........... or they really did a terrible job if they actually killed him off like that...

whops, mistook old topic and cant edit my comment...this sucks

4 hours ago, ekitty3 said:

Well, I hope he will be back in the future. He is an awesome villain to use. Maybe let him be less of a snob in the final cause he realized he isn't as strong as he thought.

• Brohoof 1

That feeling when an old topic from six years ago was made irrelevant then semi-relevant again just like that. :laugh:

My money's on that he's coming back. No, I'm not going through that whole "immortal shadow" debate again, did Sombra revive or not after he was defeated the first time in the S9 premiere, Dio's coffin had a separate compartment, I'm keeping it real simple. If he was resurrected once, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to be resurrected again. There's still an easy story opportunity for him.