Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tearjerkers

Mister Jack

Never had any super emotional moments and haven't read many of the fanfics, but some of the complex letters to Celestia made me take a step back mentally and think "damn how can the morals be this deep for a kids show!?" I think It’s actually what brought me to liking the show after seeing the first few episodes. Edited by 83awsm

I see many people here mentioning My Little Dashie, and I feel a little sad when I say that it didn't really move me.

What really moves me is some of the well written shipping fics that you find in the fandom.

A few of the good ones are

Study Buddies - TwiShy

Until you met her. - OC x RD

What if...? - LybaBon

Eternal Bonds. TwiShy

Happily ever after. - LyraBon

An autumn romance. - TwiDash

Those are the ones that I can mention from the top of my head, they've all made me shed tears.

The Cold Hand of Mercy: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/story-cold-hand-of-mercy_27.html It's my favorite fanfic.

Oh my. I just had a read through this... it's downright chilling. Yet very well written and gripping, despite its grim events - reminds me of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Will it continue past chapter 6?

I read through My Little Dashie yesterday as well... the ending definitely watered my eyes a bit, though I feel the mechanical aspects of the writing could be improved.

Oh my. I just had a read through this... it's downright chilling. Yet very well written and gripping, despite its grim events - reminds me of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Will it continue past chapter 6?

I read through My Little Dashie yesterday as well... the ending definitely watered my eyes a bit, though I feel the mechanical aspects of the writing could be improved.

Yes, The Cold Hand of Mercy is incomplete and is occasionally updated.

I see many people here mentioning My Little Dashie, and I feel a little sad when I say that it didn't really move me.

What really moves me is some of the well written shipping fics that you find in the fandom.

A few of the good ones are

Study Buddies - TwiShy

Until you met her. - OC x RD

What if...? - LybaBon

Eternal Bonds. TwiShy

Happily ever after. - LyraBon

An autumn romance. - TwiDash

Those are the ones that I can mention from the top of my head, they've all made me shed tears.

That one didn't really move me either, I'm looking up your whole list now. I've actually never cried during a movie, story, etc. Maybe that will change this. ;) thanks.

• Brohoof 1

The thing that made me cry the most or the most sad? It was in the fandom, sorta... Actually it just happened. Mic The Microphone, anybody know him? Well I actually really idolize him, and I was listening to him stream just now and he was answering questions. Most of the stories were really great (his answers) and they actually made me respect him ever more. Some were so... I don't know, happy? Bright? Yeah, bright. He was always trying to look on the bright side of things. Since I'm such a huge fan of his (he's literally my hero) I decided to ask a question. And he answered. I asked him Who is your favorite pony? He said that whoever said that is just trying to start a war, and you're a terrible person. He was serious, I think. I've been crying uncontrollably since he said that and I know nobody probably cares but I just had to get this off my chest, and none of my friends would care. They'd just laugh at me. So anonymously through the internet is the only way for me to say things like that. Sorry for wasting your time by writing this huge wall of text.

For me it's not only the story of My Little Dashie, it's that fact that I will probably never experience something that beautiful in my life. It's the fact that I've been trying so hard to find happiness only for it amount up to.......nothing. My Little Dashie made me realize that the littlest of things can change your life. It is my mission to make every person that I meet happy, but I just can't seem to save any of it for myself. Every time I think about the story, I can't help but feel empty inside. Not only does this bring depression, but it makes you think about what you really want in your life.

To answer your question, it's a combination of the show, fandom, and my personal life that make me feel for lack of a better word... emotional.

• Brohoof 1