Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Machine For Ponies?

UnitP0N13

(edited)

I'm thinking about starting up a fanfic about the recent Amnesia game coming out. Most likely, I'll be following the plot of the game in a relatively canon fashion while taking a few, but necessary dives to explain a few things via memories. But for now, I'll just give everyone a quick preview.

Two men stood in a room only lit only by shadows, the air filled with the scent of burning wax. The first man took a seat in a fine leather chair, staring back down at the plans of this great 'machine' that the second man had spoken of, "capable of curing starvation for England" as he put it.

The first made a sigh.

"I admire your vision, Mandus, I truly do! But surely there are not enough pigs in the whole of London to feed the appetite of such a machine!"

The second man pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose again.

"That all rather depends, professor..." the second man known as Mandus pulled a rusted cage out from under the furniture, grinning a little, though his grin could not be seen in the light of such darkness.

A cage that contained a frightened, shivering filly, covered in bruises and clearly malnourished.

"...on what one considers to be a pig."

Edited by UnitP0N13

• 4 weeks later...

:o This looks awesome! I want to see it! Poor filly. I still don't know what the amnesia game is about. A gruesome machine for pigs? That dosen't make sense... Unless.... *breath* Some people want to make a machine that feeds lots of people by making this one food made out of pigs and something goes terribly wrong *another breath*

SOYLENT PINK IS MADE OF PONIES!!!! blink.pngsad.png

Your story is off to a good, creepy start!  Plus it puts a whole new spin on that whole "horsemeat" scandal that happened a ways back. I wonder if pony meat is "magically delicious."  OK, OK, I'll stop now.  But I do kinda wonder why the villain would go to the trouble to create an Interdimensional Snatch-O-Matic to capture ponies for cheap food, instead of going after the magic items, abundant gemstones, and magical creatures (for dissection, so he can learn to create mutant zombie versions under his control or something).  But there could be many reasons why pony meat is far superior to any mundane food available in his world.   Anyway, lookin' good so far! 

(edited)

Thanks! I'm not sure whether to start now and make stuff as I go a long or start it off when the game comes out. I doubt I'll actually buy the game and play it because the trailer scared me into yelling, jumping in my chair, and shriveling up into a ball of scared author.

Buuuuuuuut since you guys were nice enough to drop by with a reply, I'll let you all have another snippet.

Mandus shook, reaching for a lungful of air with each breath he took. Reality had come back to him, though he knew not where he was or how he got here in this...daunting corridor of metal, steam and shadow. He took his lantern, while trying to will his arm to stop shaking, evident both in movement and the rattling the rusted handle made in its loose clasps.

In the few moments of lucidity that he managed to grasp, he already did not like where this was going.

He shone the light down the unnaturally darkened hallway, doing his best to keep quiet. The echoing of his footsteps against the metal grating-floor sought to do otherwise. Fear was replaced by relief as the weak light revealed a bend in the hallway, only to be replaced again by horror as that bend revealed a door way covered by strips of plastic hanging from the top: a cargo area no doubt...but what did it really hold?

Mandus immediately regretted having asked himself this as he shoved past the plastic flaps and into the room as it was answered with a maze of cages...and an eldritch bellowing that was not human or animal. He panicked and sought sanctuary as the clopping thundered closer and closer. He looked into an opened cage, but backed out after seeing a the rotting carcass of what he assumed was once a filly.

The filly he once held up to the professor.

He backed out and quickly dove into the next one as the huffing and puffing of his abominable pursuer closed in on him, turning off his lantern and ignoring the sickening splatter his landing made as the entrails of whatever was in this cage are disturbed. The creature strikes the cages just seconds before his desperate maneuver, causing it to shift as Mandus was practically sent reeling by the deafening roar of what ever the hell was separated from him by the thin metal caging that kept him safe. But he was glad he could not see in the dark for what this horror truly was. Yet at the same time, not knowing what it was that intended to kill him with such violent wrath horrified him all the more.

Mandus remembered to breathe again as the thing scampered away...only to take in the scent of the freshly deceased corpse of a pony he had landed on...it had been eaten recently.

What rotten luck he's had...though the accidental pun he made sickened almost as the pungent smell of death and tainted flesh in the room of cages. Almost as much as imagining what foul debauchery of animal parts, fleshes and organs have taken place to rouse such an awful, vocal din. Try as he may...he could not resist man's primal fear of the unknown.

Yet he felt that knowing would be equally bad as not knowing what was trying to kill him. So he did no further to inquire of himself and his own imagination. Lest he lose the rest of his dwindling sanity.

But it was much too late for that. For the world of darkness, machinery and speakable horrors he has stepped into...is not of his own.

Not anymore.

Edited by UnitP0N13