Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Moon

(edited)

So yeah.....I got bored yesterday, which was dangerous, so I decided to start doodling without my tablet. That is when I conceived the idea of making the Cutie Mark Crusaders actual Templar Crusaders, so "original". And so this scene was born. Just a wee bit serious. I feel like doing something more with this idea. If you have any constructive criticism, let me know. Also yeah,  finally got to use my scanner. 

Setting: The great crusade of the Griffin homeland (unsure how the war began but think it was the

Griffins that started it), The CMC snuck along with one of the convoys of the Canterlot Royal Army, misunderstanding what a crusade actually was. Aftermath of a Griffin raid on one of the Pony convoys, (was a pretty large skirmish) the ponies won, but at great cost.  Few remain and another wave of Griffins fast approaches. Most have cleared off except the CMC. (I feel like I got too in depth with this smile.png)img-1526510-1-TheCrusades_zps998ef120.pn

Because my handwriting is derp, I just decided to type the dialogue instead of having dialogue bubbles, deal with it. smile.png

Sweetie Bell: How.....how could....Gilda....do that to Babs......I don't.....want...a Crusader...cutie mark anymore...I want to go....home.....Apple Bloom...I want....I want...

Apple Bloom: Sweetie Bell you've got to calm down. Babs is dead, I want to go home too, but right now we have to get out of here. The Griffins will return and we'll be dead too if we don't get out of here. We have to keep our heads if were going to survive this.

Scootaloo: *to herself quietly* so much blood, so much death, and for what?...........Rest in peace Babs, know that I avenged you. *normal volume* Apple Bloom lets go, else we join the fallen.

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 5

That is a great drawing! I can really see the emotion within the CMC. I also like how you roughed up their manes to show what they went through. The one thing I would try and improve is making the outline around the ponies the same because some of it is lighter than the rest (or I'm just thinking too much). Otherwise, amazing drawing!!! I can't wait to see more!! wub.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
That is a great drawing! I can really see the emotion within the CMC. I also like how you roughed up their manes to show what they went through. The one thing I would try and improve is making the outline around the ponies the same because some of it is lighter than the rest (or I'm just thinking too much). Otherwise, amazing drawing!!! I can't wait to see more!! 

Yeah I was having difficulty with the outlines after I scanned it. Think I'll use a a felt tip pen, think that's what they are calledimg-1529426-1-happy.png , next time. That should take care of it.

Edited by Dark Moon

I say this is a fantastic drawing and 

you should make a story were they have to fight there way 

home then ween they get there pony ville is at war and so on

• Brohoof 1

I would read the story if you were to write it out.  On the note of the image itself I dig it personally.  The concept is interesting but how would they join the Templar in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

I say this is a fantastic drawing and  you should make a story were they have to fight there way  home then ween they get there pony ville is at war and so on

I'm considering writing this story now.

I would read the story if you were to write it out.  On the note of the image itself I dig it personally.  The concept is interesting but how would they join the Templar in the first place.

Well I guess they aren't really meant to be Templars anymore, just crusaders. The snuck along with a column of soldiers on route to the Griffin homeland. I could elaborate more, but nah, unless I actually do try writing the fan fic.