Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo Direct (simultaneous to E3 2013)

~StatesTheOblivious~

I just got done watching and I loved it.

It convinced me to get a WII U, I already planned on getting a 3DS.

I want Super Smash Bros, Pokemon X and Y, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, and X.

They all look so awesome. wub.png

(edited)

I for myself can't await the new "Xeno-whatever-it-will-be-called". Xenoblade Chronicles was awesome!

The only two things that disappointed me were that there was no new-new Zelda and that they didn't Show Retro's new Project. (I mean that Metroid or Starfox we all want)

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

Smash Bros Megaman, X, and Bayonetta 2 were my favorite games, though I didn think 3D World and Windwaker HD looked great as well

Kinda disappointed that Retro's game is another DK game though(not to say that DKCR was a bad game though)

Hm... Well, sadly Nintendo did not sell the Wii U for me in the immediate future.

Super Mario 3D World - Majorly underwhelming. I mean, yes, it looks like a fun game. But it is undoubtedly a first for a console-defining 3D Mario to not blow anybody out of the water. It is a follow-up to Super Mario 3D Land, not a brand new theme like all first 3D Mario games have been on the consoles. This is not what Nintendo needed. The 3D Land series was good for handhelds, but it does not belong on consoles. Nintendo desperately needs to go back to the Super Mario 64/Sunshine style (by adding open worlds I mean, still make a new theme).

If that really is supposed to be the Wii U's definitive Mario 3D platformer something is horribly wrong here.

Mario Kart 8 - Then this came around and blew my mind, and I knew I'd be getting a Wii U when it released. It adds back bikes, which I absolutely adored in Mario Kart Wii, and then look at the visuals. They are gorgeous. It's funny how the Mario Kart title has one-upped the 3D Mario in every single way this time around. Mario looks much better in Mario Kart 8 than he was in Super Mario 3D World.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - I'm even less sold on this game than I was when they first showed the screenshots. It's nothing more than a remastered port. I had enough of those with Ocarina of Time 3D. THe musics the same and very little has actually been redone. It's even worse than Ocarina of Time 3D. There were literally times during that presentation I thought I was seeing the GCN version. The graphics are crisper, but that's all. This should not be a full-retail release.

Super Smash Bros. - It didn't really blow me away, but I definitely want it, and I would definitely buy a Wii U for it. They had some very strange decisions in newcomers though... The Villager? While I kind of wanted the character in Brawl, I would have never thought of showing them in the introductory trailer, especially alongside only one other newcomer. Perhaps Nintendo thought it would work seeing as New Leaf came out the other day. I'm not big on Megaman, but I know his inclusion is a good one and has excited many fans, so I'm not bothered.

I just hope Sakurai updates that site. It makes me really excited that we already have the site. Now, more than anything I want to see Isaac added as a playable Wii U character on that site... I must see him in HD. lol

I really don't care about the rest of the titles they showed, they're not really within my realm of interest. In conclusion, the Wii U is sold to me, but only next year when Mario Kart 8 comes out.

I'm wondering why the segmented approach to this. There are at least two trailers not shown in the direct on the nintendo youtube channel. A Yoshi 3DS game and Shin megami Tensai. Not to mention the project we already know about not shown. Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, and The new Zelda. That's the problem with this approach vigilance is needed and it shouldn't be. 

I'm wondering why the segmented approach to this. There are at least two trailers not shown in the direct on the nintendo youtube channel. A Yoshi 3DS game and Shin megami Tensai. Not to mention the project we already know about not shown. Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, and The new Zelda. That's the problem with this approach vigilance is needed and it shouldn't be. 

I thought they did a pretty good job with this Nintendo Direct.

I went into it expecting lots of advertising of games we already knew about - particularly Pikmin 3 and New Super Luigi U. Instead they didn't make an appearance at all and Nintendo gave extended time to Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros.

• Brohoof 1

I thought they did a pretty good job with this Nintendo Direct.

I went into it expecting lots of advertising of games we already knew about - particularly Pikmin 3 and New Super Luigi U. Instead they didn't make an appearance at all and Nintendo gave extended time to Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros.

Oh yeah I enjoyed it, and yes now that you mention it there was less expected games than in other conferences. However the way they are presenting their stuff makes it really hard to know if that's all they have. If or when they do show more some may find the spread out nature a bit confusing. 

Do I want a Wii U now that there are more than 5 games that I want?... that is the question.

I'll have to wait and see how the games are from friends before I buy another console. 

My thoughts on the games shown:

Super Mario 3D World- kind of underwhelming honestly, graphics could be better(where are the proper shadows?). Still, co-op 3D Mario is a super cool idea, hopefully it will be online. Cat suit was interesting too.

Mario Kart 8- holy crap looks awesome. I've never really been hyped for a Mario Kart game before but I kind of am for this.

The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker HD- looks absolutely stunning. I already beat this game on Gamecube, but I've always dreamed of an HD version of it, and what was shown far exceeded my expectations, plus faster sailing! I'll look forward to replaying it.

Bayonetta 2- not terribly interested in it, but it does look fairly wonderful and very crazy and fun.

X- um, wow. One of the best looking games I have ever seen, the tech and art direction were simply flawless imo. Being a huge open world succesor Xenoblade, I expect this to be one of the generation's best RPGs. Plus mechs. Giant transforming mechs. Hell yes.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Breeze- so this is what Retro was working on, huh... okay I guess. Should be an excellent game as DKCR was, but I must admit I was hoping for something else. Oh well. Plus it has Dixie Kong, she seems to have fans...

Super Smash Bros. 4- YES. Straight to my veins. Both versions look stunning, and the 2 new characters Animal Crossing Villager and freakin' Mega Man should be fun editions.

Overall I loved the Direct, the reveal of the Fairy type for Pokemon X/Y at the beginning was also a highlight for me. I'll certainly be getting a Wii U now...

• 3 weeks later...