Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Card Game

Fluttashy

This may be just a rumor, but I read awhile back on ED that Enterplay is coming out with a MLP card mat. There's also talk of an actual MLP card game you can play. What do you think this game would be like? Would you play it? Do you think it would be any good?

i don't think it would be any different than any other card game it just has a new theme to it king of like monopoly just a new theme but that's not a bad thing just no real differences. 

I think a My Little Pony card game would be pretty cool! Maybe there would be two sides, protaganists (Sombra, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Lightning Dust, ect.) and the other side be antagonists (Mane six, Celestia, Shining Armor, Cadance, ect.) and it would be kind of a duel type deal to drain the opponents of skill or attack points, or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think a MLP card game would become successful. It would be something people would collect rather than play. Most of the popular card games today such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic: The Gathering, and Cardfight!! Vanguard are popular because the series itself is based on the card game. That way, the creators can dedicate a lot more time and effort toward thinking of new archetypes, a steady set of rules, etc. When a popular series gets its own card game created, the card game tends to not become very successful since there isn't much effort put into it. I'm sure bronies would have a fun time playing a MLP card game together due to their affinity for MLP, but I don't see it becoming successful to the point where people would have weekly tournaments at a local card shop. I think the current MLP trading cards are fine, since they're meant to be collectables.

I'm not saying it would be successful, but I just thought it was an interesting concept. I personally don't think I would play it, but I would collect the cards. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not saying it would be successful, but I just thought it was an interesting concept. I personally don't think I would play it, but I would collect the cards. smile.png

Haha yeah it would be nice to collect some of the MLP cards. I've always been curious, but I think I'd rather spend my money on other MLP merch like clothing and accessories.

• Brohoof 1

Haha yeah it would be nice to collect some of the MLP cards. I've always been curious, but I think I'd rather spend my money on other MLP merch like clothing and accessories.

I've got two shirts, and I really don't want anymore with the exception of that Fluttershy shirt that says "yay" on it. I'm going to buy the checkered lunch tin tomorrow with trading cards in it. :)

I've got two shirts, and I really don't want anymore with the exception of that Fluttershy shirt that says "yay" on it. I'm going to buy the checkered lunch tin tomorrow with trading cards in it. smile.png

Oh, I know which one you're talking about! The one they sell at Hot Topic, right? I wanted to get that one, but by the time I went out to get one it was already discontinued. I hope they start selling them again, but I don't think that's going to happen. :( and nice! I've seen those around at Hot Topic. Hope you enjoy it :)

Oh, I know which one you're talking about! The one they sell at Hot Topic, right? I wanted to get that one, but by the time I went out to get one it was already discontinued. I hope they start selling them again, but I don't think that's going to happen. :( and nice! I've seen those around at Hot Topic. Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks! I know it's discontinued so I guess I'll have to find some third party seller who has it. I tried ordering it online one time but they're always out of my size! :(

Thanks! I know it's discontinued so I guess I'll have to find some third party seller who has it. I tried ordering it online one time but they're always out of my size! sad.png

You know, there is a very similar shirt to the Hot Topic one on WeLoveFine's website. It's almost identical to the Hot Topic one, except the "yay" text is in a different font. I've been on your page before and noticed that you're a girl, so you can find the female version of the shirt here.

• Brohoof 1

You know, there is a very similar shirt to the Hot Topic one on WeLoveFine's website. It's almost identical to the Hot Topic one, except the "yay" text is in a different font. I've been on your page before and noticed that you're a girl, so you can find the female version of the shirt here.

Omg! Thank you so much! I can even get it in purple! I'm so ordering this when I have cash on hand! YAY!

• Brohoof 1

This is because Hot Topic sells some of the WeLoveFine shirts.

So if you see other shirts on WeLoveFine that look like Hot Topic shirts? That would be why~

This is because Hot Topic sells some of the WeLoveFine shirts.

So if you see other shirts on WeLoveFine that look like Hot Topic shirts? That would be why~

Yeah, WeLoveFine makes the original shirts. I'm thinking of getting another shirt from WeLoveFine sometime in the near future. They have so many awesome shirts on their site, but I have to be choosy since their shirts are pretty expensive.

(edited)

I summon... Fluttershy! In attack mode!

*yay* [25/2000]

Fluttershy, attack Discord's life points directl- ok, thats enough sillyness for one post.

Anyway, I haven't really seen this kind of thing take off. Many of the popular card games, as previously mentioned, were designed from the start to be a card game. The only TCG I've seen take off in popularity that wasn't a card game to begin with is Pokemon due to it's extreme popularity. I could go into a really in depth analysis into why it didn't fail, but there isnt enough time.

Personally though, I would love to collect this sort of stuff. I collected medabots cards a while ago even though I knew the game would be a flop and none of my friends would want to play. Heck, even I don't know how the game rules!

Edited by Celtore

Yeah, WeLoveFine makes the original shirts. I'm thinking of getting another shirt from WeLoveFine sometime in the near future. They have so many awesome shirts on their site, but I have to be choosy since their shirts are pretty expensive.

Haha I knooooow... I might get one more this year... but money, and I own so many t-shirts that I don't even wear that often... oh woe is me~

maybe if each team had the choice of like 6 unicorns, 6 pegasi, 6 earth ponies, and an alicorn, it could be like 1 side is nightmare moon or chrysalis or something and the other side is like celestia or cadence or twilight and like the alicorn chosen would decide how that specific side fights and what its strengths and weaknesses are and you choose like alicorns that match with specific sets of regular ponies to balance out the strengths and weaknesses, and like you could have pegasi making weather based debuffs or fighting, earth ponies fighting or repairing stuff, and unicorns using their magic to provide either defensive buffs, offensive debuffs, or battle magic, but like each pony can only have one of those specialties and like the alicorns could have specific rules for battle and it would be awesome.

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward to this more than I thought I would.

I am already trying to imagine what a Rarity deck would be like. I would like the ultimate Rarity deck with a dash of Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. :3

My husband can get an Applejack deck. And then we can play together. If any of tgr local card game shops will host tournaments, oh man... that would be the bomb. :D

I was about to post a thread about the upcoming card game. I did a search, specifically 'card game' and this did not come up. I swear the search function here is flawed.

Beyond that, I am incredibly excited for this. This is being done by Enterplay, so I am unsure on their experience in terms of a game aspect, but Hasbro does own Wizards of the Coast, so that has to mean something good.

post-8308-0-42138200-1375881903_thumb.jpg

post-8308-0-81266700-1375881914_thumb.jpg

Prototype image

post-8308-0-11194100-1375881927_thumb.jpg

The date of release is apparently in November, same month as the season 4 premier. This has me excited. :) I do like collectible games like this, though the only major ones I have messed with are Magic and Heroclix. It is great to see one made with one my favorite things ever. :D

• Brohoof 2