MLP Card Game

Fluttashy

SWEET. My work is sending me the two Theme Deck sets, a bunch of boosters and a few promos they had in the office - oh, and the promo "Elements of Harmony" playmat. It'll probably cost me a fortune in postage, but screw it. It's Christmas!

Just some eejit who plays games. And makes games. Oh, and reviews them. And publishes them! 

I know this is kinda old new and everyone has heard, but the card game for MLP is real. I was at con where they first showed it. Did not learn how to play, because you had to go to a panel and learn and just go to their booth. Also I was busy with other stuff.

Still I saw some cards around and I can say it's real.

img-1202916-1-9nQUab7.png

Made by Gone ϟ Airbourne

I know this is kinda old new and everyone has heard, but the card game for MLP is real. I was at con where they first showed it. Did not learn how to play, because you had to go to a panel and learn and just go to their booth. Also I was busy with other stuff.

Still I saw some cards around and I can say it's real.

OK. Is there a reason you are mentioning this? The first posts in this thread are really old and not relevant to the current discussion at hand, which is about us receiving our decks, waiting for cards, learning to play, etc. Just letting you know.

Cool that you were at Gen Con though. You should have learned how to play so that you could have brought home a demo deck.

OK. Is there a reason you are mentioning this? The first posts in this thread are really old and not relevant to the current discussion at hand, which is about us receiving our decks, waiting for cards, learning to play, etc. Just letting you know.

Cool that you were at Gen Con though. You should have learned how to play so that you could have brought home a demo deck.

Just felt like mentioning it. Didn't even know this topic was going till now so yeah. So I just thought I say something. Didn't think anyone would make a big deal out of it if I just said, I saw it.

Besides I'm not much of a card player and I just didn't feel like learning how to play at an event. If they had a booth like everyone else, than maybe I would have gone by and learned. But I had other things going on and like I said, I just didn't care to learn.

img-1202916-1-9nQUab7.png

Made by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Just felt like mentioning it. Didn't even know this topic was going till now so yeah. So I just thought I say something. Didn't think anyone would make a big deal out of it if I just said, I saw it.

Besides I'm not much of a card player and I just didn't feel like learning how to play at an event. If they had a booth like everyone else, than maybe I would have gone by and learned. But I had other things going on and like I said, I just didn't care to learn.

You can always just read the latest posts in this discussion to give you an idea of what the topic is currently discussing. You saw this thread at the top of the Pony Merchandise page, or in the Most Recent Posts section, right? That means the topic has been discussed very recently. Not trying to make a big deal about it. Just letting you know that it is common knowledge, and if you are finding that there are a lot of people out there who don't think it is a real game right now, maybe that was why you brought it up in the topic?

I can't say that I blame you for not playing the game though. I haven't played a CCG since I was in middle school (and that was over 10 years ago) and I only ever played 1 game of YuGiOh and 1 game of a Sailor Moon CCG I had gotten for Christmas one year. But this is MLP, and I loved the regular trading cards, so I thought I would give this game a shot, especially since I have a husband to play with. :)

When you buy a full deck of the CCG cards, you can look in the rule book and my name is listed in the back of the rule book in the play testers.

Just thought I'd share that. It's kind of cool to have your name in merchandise that sells all around the United States. xD

I have lots of these cards myself though and I need to actually get around to playing it soon. xD

• Brohoof 1

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

I hope this card is as good as I think it is. There's a tournament coming up in my area in a couple weeks, and I have no clue what to build. I've always been bad at deck building XD

img-2141460-1-hIGbmjI.jpg

There is a guy who posted a couple of videos on YouTube recently about deck building in MLP. He used fancy mathematics to figure out how much of a certain kind of card you would need in order to boost Applejack. What a lot of people have been saying is that you need to make sure to flip your mane character early in the game and to have the right kinds of cards to make that possible for certain characters. Also make sure that you have some powerful cards as well but you need cards that will start you in the game too. I am thinking that once I am able to start building my deck, I would replace one card of a certain color with another card of an equal value of a different color, at least to start. But like I said, depending on who your mane character is and what you need to do to flip her early in the game will help figure out the best kind of deck to build.

There is a guy who posted a couple of videos on YouTube recently about deck building in MLP. He used fancy mathematics to figure out how much of a certain kind of card you would need in order to boost Applejack. What a lot of people have been saying is that you need to make sure to flip your mane character early in the game and to have the right kinds of cards to make that possible for certain characters. Also make sure that you have some powerful cards as well but you need cards that will start you in the game too. I am thinking that once I am able to start building my deck, I would replace one card of a certain color with another card of an equal value of a different color, at least to start. But like I said, depending on who your mane character is and what you need to do to flip her early in the game will help figure out the best kind of deck to build.

I'll be using Fluttershy as my Main Character, and she flips when I confront a problem with her and a critter at it. I'm using blue for moving characters for free using Holly Dash and Wild Fire based on a suggestion in the strategies thread. With Princess Celestia and the Caretaker ability along with Forest Owl, hopefully I should be good.

The only problem I foresee having is there's aren't any combo cards that help out with affinity for Kindness and Loyalty. I have to be really careful about my opening hand or I'll be stuck doing nothing for a few turns.

Here's the deck list I posted in the other thread for a total of 46 cards:

Princess Celestia 1x

Fluttershy, Animal Team 1x

Mane Cureall 2x

Forest Owl 2x

Blue Jay 3x

Winona 3x

Rainbow Dash, To the Rescue 1x

Holly Dash 2x

Wild Fire 2x

Pegasus Royal Guard 2x

Emerald Green 3x

Sweetie Sunrise 3x

Resources:

Picnic Lunch 1x

Too Many Bandages 2x

Critter Cuisine 2x

Event:

Gotta Go Fast 1x

Yay! 2x

Fears Must be Faced 2x

The Horror! The Horror! 2x

What Went Wrong? 2x

Critter Calvary 2x

Trouble Maker:

Yellow Parasprite 3x

Parasprite Swarm 2x

Problems:

Bunny Breakout 2x

A Thorn in His Paw 2x

The Problem with Parasprites 2x

Bunny Stampede 2x

Cloudbursting 2x

Edit: Also, I have question about adding power. The card Forest Owl gives +1 power to each other character at that problem. Is that added power a generic power point? Or does it add to their specific affinity (such as giving +1 loyalty to Sweetie Sunrise and +1 Kindness to Winona)?

Edited by TheAsterite

I noticed that something is off on one of my cards. It's the ultra rare, Rainbow Dash: Winged Wonder. I got two of them and one is messed up a bit. One of the letters on the text is smudged, and there's a shiny triangle on the picture between RD and Rarity. I can only hope it ends up being a collectors item.

Wonder what other cards are getting a little screwed up?

My husband and I finally got the chance to play through a game last night. He beat me by 3 points. :P I shouldn't have gone easy on him...

We played using the starter decks, and then afterwords we each built our own decks (mine is Rarity/Fluttershy or White/Yellow, and his is Applejack/Rainbow Dash or Orange/Blue).

A lot of the yellow cards that come with the Fluttershy starter deck are pretty lame, though, so I ordered a bunch more powerful and rare yellow cards off ebay. I could use more powerful white cards too, but Rarity boosted is good enough for me for now.

It is extremely difficult to only have a 45 card draw deck. Very limiting.

I bought myself a Rainbow Dash/Rarity starter deck the other day, alongside 2 packs of cards. I didn't get any ultra rares, but I did get some cards that will be useful for my starter deck. Anyways, I have nobody to play with. :(

I know lots of bronies in real life though, so it's only a matter of time before some of them start playing this as well.

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

@RockinRarity - you're not limited to 45 cards, remember. You can have as many as you like in a deck; my current RariDash deck is 51.

Where does it say that you can have more than 45?

Because that is helpful... instead of trying to figure out which cards to get rid of when I get my new cards, I can just add them to my deck...

I bought myself a Rainbow Dash/Rarity starter deck the other day, alongside 2 packs of cards. I didn't get any ultra rares, but I did get some cards that will be useful for my starter deck. Anyways, I have nobody to play with. :(

I know lots of bronies in real life though, so it's only a matter of time before some of them start playing this as well.

It is ridiculously difficult to get Ultra Rares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSTzcjgqtFw

Yeah. I wouldn't count on getting Ultra Rares.

• Brohoof 1

That AMA that Enterplay did a wee while back, they said there's no limit to the amount of cards in a deck. Hell, both the Theme Decks are way over 45 cards too.

OK then. But the theme decks don't have more than 45 cards in them. I mean they also have mane characters and a problem deck and the score slider cards, but I counted and they each have 45 cards.