Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lugia's Sketchy Sketches

Quilava

After @D1SC0RD started the learning how to draw ponies thread (found here), I've had a slight inclination to start drawing again. So, instead of spamming that thread of any progress/new sketches, I decided to start up this thread.

Along with pics, I'll be posting times (mainly just for record) of how long each sketch took. Criticism (of all kind) is always welcome, there is never a better way to learn than through the eyes of what others see.

1st Sketch

Time (est.) - 3½ - 4 Hours

100_1765.jpg

*yes I know the mane/tail colours, as well as their proportions, are [a bit] off (that's what happens when you only have a pencil set of 12 colours...)*

• Brohoof 7

After @D1SC0RD started the learning how to draw ponies thread (found here), I've had a slight inclination to start drawing again. So, instead of spamming that thread of any progress/new sketches, I decided to start up this thread.

Along with pics, I'll be posting times (mainly just for record) of how long each sketch took. Criticism (of all kind) is always welcome, there is never a better way to learn than through the eyes of what others see.

1st Sketch

Time (est.) - 3½ - 4 Hours

img-1560211-1-100_1765.jpg

*yes I know the mane/tail colours, as well as their proportions, are [a bit] off (that's what happens when you only have a pencil set of 12 colours...)*

Woah, that's really good stuff! I know this sounds really picky, but the nose looks like it needs to be tilted up a bit (Or something like that). But man, you make my drawings look like a mish-mash of lines (Although, I suppose they are)!

wub.png  Aw, I am so happy that my thread got you inspired! Truly honored, thank you.

And your Twilight looks lovely! Only thing I see off is maybe the eyes... On one of them, it doesn't look like she has any top lashes. Though perhaps the expression voided those... Anyway, lovely job! I hope you stick with it :)

Wow this looks pretty darn good I must say! You did a great job :). I mean besides the slight discolorations you already mentioned It all looks pretty spot on for show accuracy!

Good job Lugia :D.

I really like this drawing. I like her little hood or whatever it is :3. But, Twilight's head looks deformed or her eyes. Not sure what it's but, overall this is amazing. I love what you are doing with it.

thats actually really good! the only thing i could notice is that her nose could be tilted up a little bit more. but other then that there really isn't anything i could improve. very nice work!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh look, I've decided to actually sketch something....'ts been quite a while since I've even properly drawn (that twilight up there was probably the last thing I've sketched).

I was, initially, going to draw Luna in a "gala" themed dress, however, that hope was quickly crushed and decided to just do random lines. Also left out her horn to make her less of a true "Luna" and more of a Gonzo, or whatever, type character.

post-14315-0-60732000-1374114754_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Very well done. The line work is suburb, and very clean I might add. The only flaw I can currently see would be the muzzle itself... I'm not quite sure what it is, but it seems slightly off in my opinion. The ear may be a little short, or pointy, too. Other than that, though... Well done, once again.

1st pic: Jawline should end in visible are, her left eye is missing upper eyelashes, upper outline of nose should be concave.

2nd pic: Nice and clean linework, lower part of mane is missing second outline, downcurve on chin makes the face look masculine

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sweet celestia those are amazing you are an artist these are out standing and i love the twilight one that is amazing the art work is awesome. Well done brohoof /)

Edited by WinterFreeze