Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronitas

TheDragoniteDestiny

Yeah, "Pegasisters" is kind of long canonized and not as... ethnic sounding.

I must disagree again (this breaks my heart :'( ... lol)

BROny, as in Brother

pegaSISTER

As far as I know these are both black terms (or at least were popularized by blacks) so, it's not just equally ethnic sounding.. but equally ethnic (it comes from the same place)

By the way, i am a HUGE fan of the world Pegasisters, goes perfectly with Bronies, in my opinion :)

I actually saw this term on another site and assumed it meant Spanish-speaking bronies

Bronita sounds Spanish lol XD

Sounds like the spanish bonita which stands for pretty lady, not very fond of the word though.

I must disagree again (this breaks my heart :'( ... lol)

BROny, as in Brother

pegaSISTER

As far as I know these are both black terms (or at least were popularized by blacks) so, it's not just equally ethnic sounding.. but equally ethnic (it comes from the same place)

By the way, i am a HUGE fan of the world Pegasisters, goes perfectly with Bronies, in my opinion :)

You have to consider that "brother" and "sister" are derived from Anglo-Saxon schools of etymology, likely hailing from the more Germanic branches of the English language as compared to its equally influential Romance connotations. While I'm well aware that these two words do have prominence as "black" colloquialisms, they are, in the end, WASP words at their core and WASP culture (and most of what comes from it) is implicitly regarded as the static reference point for most other cultures. Bronita, however, sounds deliberately Hispanic without a sliver of a doubt.

That's my take on it but I appreciate your view on the subject, lol.

Can we just call girls bronies? This will create a sense of community between the two genders.

Call them Bronies, its not something that should go only for male fans, even though the name sugests it anyway

Can we just call girls bronies? This will create a sense of community between the two genders.

Call them Bronies, its not something that should go only for male fans, even though the name sugests it anyway

But... that's just... weird. It's like if when they invented the saying "brother from another mother" they decided to just use it for females as well, instead of "sister from another mister". If guys got to name themselves something special, the Girls should as well, we shouldn't just say, we'll let you share our term. but that's just how i see it :)

Pegasister or Pegasis it is, Bronitas it's just Bro plus bonita (spanish for pretty girl), wich sounds rather weird, since one is a male thingy and the other female

Well if you're asking someone if they're a Pegasis irl, they might be confused lol. So it's probably best that term stays as a written term :P

But... that's just... weird. It's like if when they invented the saying "brother from another mother" they decided to just use it for females as well, instead of "sister from another mister". If guys got to name themselves something special, the Girls should as well, we shouldn't just say, we'll let you share our term. but that's just how i see it :)

Well if you're asking someone if they're a Pegasis irl, they might be confused lol. So it's probably best that term stays as a written term :P

I have to disagree. Brother from another mother is a very masculine expression. Brony is fairly androgenous.