Headcanon: How Pony Babies are Made

Adente

Ok, so this is obviously a very silly little headcanon that I just thought of, so don't take it so seriously. But if we take the fact that in show the ponies, for obvious reasons, don't have genitalia as canon, the question becomes: How do they have babies then? I have an idea to explain this.

Asexual Reproduction.

A female, when she wants to have a baby, eats about forty pounds of marshmallows, Skittles, and fondue chocolate. The next day, she undergoes mitosis and splits into two ponies, one the original parent, the other the new baby foal/colt. Since only females do this, the offspring are more likely to be female, and being male is a recessive trait, explaining the gender imbalance in Equestria. 

Yeah, science.

• Brohoof 4

Windy it is time for us to have the talk, you see when Mommy ponies and Daddy ponies love each other very much or just want a good rutting and forgot to use protection they *insert graphic rule 34 description here*. All joking aside though I think since they have much in common with humans and few things in common with ponies in real life I think it is reasonable to say that they probably ahem reproduce in a slightly less innocent way that you are imagining but since they won't ever address this in the show anyway and it dosen't harm anything have fun with your headcannon.

• Brohoof 13

Windy it is time for us to have the talk, you see when Mommy ponies and Daddy ponies love each other very much or just want a good rutting and forgot to use protection they *insert graphic rule 34 description here*. All joking aside though I think since they have much in common with humans and few things in common with ponies in real life I think it is reasonable to say that they probably ahem reproduce in a slightly less innocent way that you are imagining but since they won't ever address this in the show anyway and it dosen't harm anything have fun with your headcannon.

I dunno man, I think my headcanon has some serious potential. Like, take Rainbow Dash. Look at that mane. Just look at that mane. Her mother clearly ate too many skittles when she was trying to make Rainbow, and so that's why her mane is like that. Or Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Obviously their mother goofed with them and had an imbalance of marshmallows. The logic is simply infallible! 

• Brohoof 7

I dunno man, I think my headcanon has some serious potential. Like, take Rainbow Dash. Look at that mane. Just look at that mane. Her mother clearly ate too many skittles when she was trying to make Rainbow, and so that's why her mane is like that. Or Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Obviously their mother goofed with them and had an imbalance of marshmallows. The logic is simply infallible! 

Well seeing as her dad has a rainbow mane too, you cant denai it doesn't have anything to do with genetics :P And their horses dude, they reproduce the same way we do ohmy.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's a kid's show, so they can't show private parts on daytime TV, especially for a kids show.

In conclusion I reckon the invisible censorship bars disappears when we're not watching and they have intercourse to make babies.

Edited by Rush

Well seeing as her dad has a rainbow mane too, you cant denai it doesn't have anything to do with genetics tongue.png And their horses dude, they reproduce the same way we do img-1605544-1-ohmy.png

It's a kid's show, so they can't show private parts on daytime TV, especially for a kids show.

In conclusion I reckon the invisible censorship bars disappears when we're not watching and they have intercourse to make babies.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that in reality you guys are right. But I still think my idea works well for the context and tone of the show, and is just silly enough to have some potential. Not to mention the fact that I was just proud to have remembered what 'asexual reproduction' and 'mitosis' were from Freshman Biology. 

• Brohoof 1

I guess I haven’t put much thought into the idea however it makes sense in the context of the show that the existence of love which has been proven to have tangible power would be responsible for reproduction in Equestria. Love between a mare and stallion would be strong enough to create a foal though fake love such as with a charm or spell would not work like that. Obviously, only love between the two genders would work to reproduce and the fusion of spiritual energy donated to make a new spirit would explain "traits" being passed down including special talents and also why the three types of ponies can intermix. This might be the best possible explanation to how reproduction works.

• Brohoof 2

They join organs and spend 5-10 minutes slamming their hips together what do you think?

Of course they won't explain it. It's a kids show and bronies don't need any more initiative to think about ponies doing that kind of thing.

• Brohoof 1

Well it's simple when you think about it.

Him and her baby are nothing but mammals.

So they do it like they do on the discovery channel.

. . .

Sorry, had to be said.

• Brohoof 3

They join organs and spend 5-10 minutes slamming their hips together what do you think?

Of course they won't explain it. It's a kids show and bronies don't need any more initiative to think about ponies doing that kind of thing.

I prefer my idea which is the fusion of love. Such things as sexual reproduction doesn’t really belong in Equestria and it is not needed to explain how ponies are created.

• Brohoof 2

I prefer my idea which is the fusion of love. Such things as sexual reproduction doesn’t really belong in Equestria and it is not needed to explain how ponies are created.

Maybe you're right. It is a magical fantasy world. I always figured that while magic exists, since ponies eat with their mouths, speak with a larynx, need to use the washroom to relieve themselves. Figured they had pretty true to mammal biology combined with magic augmentation.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe you're right. It is a magical fantasy world. I always figured that while magic exists, since ponies eat with their mouths, speak with a larynx, need to use the washroom to relieve themselves. Figured they had pretty true to mammal biology combined with magic augmentation.

I still like my idea of marshmallows, Skittles, and fondue chocolate causing a pony to undergo mitosis and create an offspring. And yeah, the fusion of love is pretty good to. Not as silly as mitosis, but certainly in keeping with the tone of Equestria in the show. 

• Brohoof 2

I think they are made when they add particles and the cells of the colt and mare together to make the fillies. Like how males and females make babies, it is probably how they do it but in a different way. But the silly way we could do it was the parents were adding colorful desserts and food to make their respective babies (fillies).

Popular headcanon is having a baby using the magic.. which allows homo couples to have babies too (viva la fanon).

she undergoes mitosis and splits into two ponies, one the original parent, the other the new baby foal/colt.

Yeah, science.

This way, the newborn pony would be a clone of the parent.

Yeah, science.

• Brohoof 1

I still like my idea of marshmallows, Skittles, and fondue chocolate causing a pony to undergo mitosis and create an offspring. And yeah, the fusion of love is pretty good to. Not as silly as mitosis, but certainly in keeping with the tone of Equestria in the show.

I mean it is a kids show. But ponies realistically wouldn't talk about it because like on Earth it's taboo just to randomly bring up sex life. (Unless you're Tommy Wisseu). It's private so friends just act like friends and people keep their affairs to themselves and the show, for good reason wouldn't talk about that. Like most kids shows they just say the baby was "made" and leave it at that.

It is true that the ponies do have certain biological instincts however I think since love is a known magical force in Equestria then it would have the purpose of creating new life. It serves the purpose of fitting in with everything else while not being excessively lighthearted such as the idea of a mare eating treats until she births a foal. That would be the Pinkie Pie Theory of Reproduction. laugh.png As for clones and other ideas, it doesn't work with the show itself. Just in fan fiction. sleep.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No offense but that would mean that there is no actual father or baby daddy. Besides that would mean Pinkie Pie has given birth to millions of children! (LOL have you seen what she eats?)

Edited by Lightning Dancer
  • Brohoof 2

A female, when she wants to have a baby, eats about forty pounds of marshmallows, Skittles, and fondue chocolate. The next day, she undergoes mitosis and splits into two ponies, one the original parent, the other the new baby foal/colt. Since only females do this, the offspring are more likely to be female, and being male is a recessive trait, explaining the gender imbalance in Equestria. 

Yeah, science.

So, ponies basically reproduce like parasprites?  *Omnomnomnom* *belch*  *POOF!*  "Um...honey?  You know how we talked about converting the art room into a nursery?  I, uh...had too much popcorn..."

Hahahahaha!  Actually, it does make a kind of sense.  If Equestria is anything like Earth, ponies would be evolutionarily related to parasprites the same way we're evolutionarily related to insects.  We have canonical imagery of parasprite reproduction, so...

No offense but that would mean that there is no actual father or baby daddy. Besides that would mean Pinkie Pie has given birth to millions of children! (LOL have you seen what she eats?)

Too Many Pinkie Children!

Just had a thought: in "Friendship is Magic," Twilight eats too much apple everything when she visits Sweet Apple Acres to look into food preparations for the summer solstice celebration.  Her stomach moans, and she complains that she ate too much.  Is she thinking, ERMAGHERD!  What if I'm about to belch out Big Macintosh's baby?!?!?!?!?

Eh, I don't think it's a very realistic theory... That would be strange to see happen...( then again I guess so would actual baby birth).

Of course they will never address it on the cannon show, unless they make like a G5 that is rated R :P.

But ponies share many characteristics of humans, and resemble humans more then cells and the such, so it seems more realistic.

I mean they eat like humans, they talk like humans, and most importantly they have to use the bathroom like humans(just like in "last roundup", with pinkie using an outhouse). Besides if they don't have genetia, then how do they go to the bathroom exactly..?

My head cannon as to why you don't see any of their private parts is because either A, it's covered by their tail, or B, they have their coat specifically grown to the length that it's covered up normally.

Also real ponies and horses and equines and mammals all reproduce like humans, with live birth in the human manner.

But since it'll never be addressed, technically you can believe whatever you want.

Some head cannons believe that they produce them via magic, which in a land of magic could technically describe anything, but I just find it more realistic to believe my theory that they produce like humans do, and it's just hidden because well it's a kids show duh. :P.

A very.. Interesting theory :P, I don't know what I'd react like if suddenly after all that cake she ate pinkie split in two xD.

• Brohoof 1

Just had a thought: in "Friendship is Magic," Twilight eats too much apple everything when she visits Sweet Apple Acres to look into food preparations for the summer solstice celebration.  Her stomach moans, and she complains that she ate too much.  Is she thinking, ERMAGHERD!  What if I'm about to belch out Big Macintosh's baby?!?!?!?!?

This. I just don't know what to say, other than that I'm laughing much too hard at this. Help me. Please. 

Eh, I don't think it's a very realistic theory... That would be strange to see happen...( then again I guess so would actual baby birth).

Of course they will never address it on the cannon show, unless they make like a G5 that is rated R tongue.png.

But ponies share many characteristics of humans, and resemble humans more then cells and the such, so it seems more realistic.

I mean they eat like humans, they talk like humans, and most importantly they have to use the bathroom like humans(just like in "last roundup", with pinkie using an outhouse). Besides if they don't have genetia, then how do they go to the bathroom exactly..?

My head cannon as to why you don't see any of their private parts is because either A, it's covered by their tail, or B, they have their coat specifically grown to the length that it's covered up normally.

Also real ponies and horses and equines and mammals all reproduce like humans, with live birth in the human manner.

But since it'll never be addressed, technically you can believe whatever you want.

Some head cannons believe that they produce them via magic, which in a land of magic could technically describe anything, but I just find it more realistic to believe my theory that they produce like humans do, and it's just hidden because well it's a kids show duh. tongue.png.

A very.. Interesting theory tongue.png, I don't know what I'd react like if suddenly after all that cake she ate pinkie split in two xD.

Yeah, I know my idea is very 'interesting', but I think its a nice little ludicrous alternative to the logical and much more biologically sound idea of the ponies simply doing what all equines do to reproduce. But after all, it IS Equestria, so it doesn't really need to make sense! 

• Brohoof 2

This. I just don't know what to say, other than that I'm laughing much too hard at this. Help me. Please.

Yeah, I know my idea is very 'interesting', but I think its a nice little ludicrous alternative to the logical and much more biologically sound idea of the ponies simply doing what all equines do to reproduce. But after all, it IS Equestria, so it doesn't really need to make sense!

True, I just find that it's a little to Bazzare for my taste. But true it is equestria so I guess technically anything could be possible.

However if they did asexually reproduce I think they would be almost identical to their parents, however that isn't the case for all the offspring of ponies.

Regardless I like my more logical reason that equines in equestria are basically equines in real life, except theyre private parts are censored and or hidden because it's a kids show.

But of course I'm a more logical person, even of I could say to like almost every theory about equestrian workings that the answer is "magic" I like to dig into it and find logic generally, it's just entertaining :P.

Asexual equine reproduction would be very strange to see xD. That's for sure.

No, you simpleton.  Were you taught nothing in cartoon pony biology 101?  Baby ponies are made from the pure magic of love!  When two ponies love each other very much, then they can take the pure magical essence from their love whenever they please and use it to form a newborn foal.  You moron.

As nice, sweet, funny and innocent your little theory sounds, that's clearly not the case. Biologically impossible. Fillies and made from pony-love! Simple as that, and of course they won't address it, never mind show the genitals. No children's show shows any animal genitals .

Plus, if it was really true, then skittles would be canon also. I have not seen a single piece of skittle on the show. 

I think I would feel very badly for the mares of Equestria if the stallions could only last that long, I mean seriously lets get a little more creative.