Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Police shoots dog! [Disturbing]

FadedSkies

You think that's disturbing? Sometimes people just do things that are downright disgraceful and make me sick enough to throw up.

This is one such video.

http://youtu.be/tXa9bj-jqA8

surprised_pinkie_pie_vector_by_flawlesst

Did I really just watch that?!?!?!? Did he really just throw a poor innocent cute puppy off a cliff??!?!?! Anyone who thinks that funny is a sick piece of shit and deserves to be thrown off a cliff themselves. Sick fucking people.

• Brohoof 2

You think that's disturbing? Sometimes people just do things that are downright disgraceful and make me sick enough to throw up.

This is one such video.

http://youtu.be/tXa9bj-jqA8

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this kind of thing happens all the time.

Yeah, that is disturbing.

Life is full of disturbances, and I've seen it all...

Deaths, suicide, mass killings, slaughters, suffering, all of which I have sadly accustomed to.

By the way, don't forget about the girl who had a bucket of baby puppies and one by one, she threw them brutally towards the lake...

Yep, I've been and seen it all, it's just one  of life's sufferings... 

(edited)

This is one such video.

*Horrible excuse for human beings*

More reason to despise humanity, and my home country.

I long for the day that the human race is completely wiped off the face of the Earth.

Edited by Keiichi

More reason to despise humanity, and my home country.

I long for the day that the human race is completely wiped off the face of the Earth.

Watching that video really pissed me off. That's just fucking sick, how could anyone be so cruel???? The fact that anyone could ever do that...it makes me really hate people...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In all honesty I can understand having to do something about the dog that's trying to bite the officer, but shooting it's pretty friggin' overboard. Like, seriously these are police officers; if they had to be sprayed with mace and then win some fights immediately afterwards for training they should have been able to pick up the friggin' dog and do something with it rather than shooting the thing.

Like friggin' god damn they should have treated it the same way if a kid just ran up and tried to start a fight with them for arresting one of their parents. The kid's an issue and could hurt someone, but you don't have to whip out your gun and shoot him or her. I think it should be the same thing with this dog.

Of course I dunno who am I kidding I just compared humanity with dogs I'm probably waaay wrong here. I gotta say this, though: watching the dog get shot and the owner's reaction was pretty agonizing.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I really don't know why some people are getting so worked up about this. I mean, really. Let's take a moment and consider the following.

One must understand that the situation without a doubt looked much different from the officers' point of view. The officer's actions were most likely a spur-of-the-moment self-preservation response. Rottweilers, the breed of dog involved, are known for being fiercely loyal, occasionally vicious guard dogs. I know that if I saw a full grown Rottweiler approaching me while I had it's owner detained, I would assume hostility and take the appropriate self-defensive action. This ain't no Rodney King deal, it's not "police brutality". Hell, it wouldn't even be worthy of my viewing if such a big deal wasn't being made of it. The only thing I would have changed (other than, of course, the man not being an idiot in the first place, in which case the whole situation would have been avoided) would be to add a few more shell casings to the situation. Really, dude? You're just gonna sit there and watch it writhe?

This is one such video.

And this?  I'm fine with. Provided, of course, that the animal involved did not have an owner. Really... it's not like they're pulling a Herod and chucking babies off cliffs.

I really don't know why some people are getting so worked up about this. I mean, really. Let's take a moment and consider the following.

One must understand that the situation without a doubt looked much different from the officers' point of view. The officer's actions were most likely a spur-of-the-moment self-preservation response. Rottweilers, the breed of dog involved, are known for being fiercely loyal, occasionally vicious guard dogs. I know that if I saw a full grown Rottweiler approaching me while I had it's owner detained, I would assume hostility and take the appropriate self-defensive action. This ain't no Rodney King deal, it's not "police brutality". Hell, it wouldn't even be worthy of my viewing if such a big deal wasn't being made of it. The only thing I would have changed (other than, of course, the man not being an idiot in the first place, in which case the whole situation would have been avoided) would be to add a few more shell casings to the situation. Really, dude? You're just gonna sit there and watch it writhe?

And this?  I'm fine with. Provided, of course, that the animal involved did not have an owner. Really... it's not like they're pulling a Herod and chucking babies off cliffs.

Whats the diffrence of throwing a puppy off a cliff and throwing a baby. A dogs life is just as valuble as a humans, to be honest probably even more since a dog can't really be bad unless his owner is, while people mostly only care about themselves.

(edited)

You see nothing wrong with what these officers did to that poor, defenseless puppy? That makes me sick. The guy fucking LAUGHED after throwing a puppy off a cliff. If it was up to me, I would have demoted both of their asses.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really know what to say about this, but I'll just add my two bits in this.

I know that people don't think that a dog's life is as valuable as a human's life but, the police are not suppose to shoot the dog if the dog did not bite them and I would blame the owner if the owner does not care about the dog. Plus, the police department are suppose t have protective gear which I know they do. They decide just not to use it, instead they used brutal force.

(edited)

Are you serious? If so, I am disgusted that I have to share a species with you, and those pathetic excuse for marines. 

Yes, it'd likely starve to death out there, but chucking off a cliff and laughing? That's borderline insane. People like this don't deserve the blessing of life. Also, I cherish all life, so I personally think chucking a pup off a cliff is absolutely no different than chucking a human infant off a cliff. 

These people a pathetic pansies. Especially the cop who couldn't handle a doggy. Big man, shooting a dog who probably wouldn't have left a scratch on you.

These people literally make me physically, and mentally sick. I honestly don't want to be subject to all this hatred anymore...

Edited by Keiichi
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Humanity?

Just take a look at the animal fur and meat industry, while it's true that animals all over the world are treated sometimes better or worse it's pretty much the same story in almost every meat factory.

I loath factory farming. I feel guilty eating meat that I know came from an animal who was treated so terribly in their short amount of time on this beautiful planet. I don't even like raising chickens to eat! I know that at my farm, they'll be able to free range, and see the beauty of the world before they are sacrificed for my family, but I honestly can't help but feel bad. Maybe I'm too sensitive? I don't know. All I know for certain is I love animals, big and small, and I CANNOT STAND to see them treated with so much neglect, and hatred. (Not that I neglect my livestock. I treat them like they are gods)

I'm considering converting to vegetarianism.

Edited by Keiichi

First of all, why the hay did the man get arrested? Okay, his music was too loud, couldn't the cops just tell to turn his music down?!

Second, the dog approached the police because the dog thought the police was hurting his owner. Okay, the dog was trying to protect his owner, but to SHOOT the dog for no apparent reason... Really? 

Why couldn't the police just tell the man to put his dog back in his car?

Oh, I know why...

BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING THESE DAYS! ( Not you bronies, you're fine. :) )

Sorry if my short rant was harsh, I was just angry at that video.

You're fine with it? Are you fucking kidding me? He threw a fucking innocent puppy off a fucking cliff...

And who cares if it's not a human baby, it's still a living thing that didn't deserve that.

• Brohoof 3

First of all, why the hay did the man get arrested? Okay, his music was too loud, couldn't the cops just tell to turn his music down?!

Second, the dog approached the police because the dog thought the police was hurting his owner. Okay, the dog was trying to protect his owner, but to SHOOT the dog for no apparent reason... Really? 

Why couldn't the police just tell the man to put his dog back in his car?

Oh, I know why...

BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING THESE DAYS! ( Not you bronies, you're fine. smile.png )

Sorry if my short rant was harsh, I was just angry at that video.

I think they did tell him to turn down his music and he refused and began to tape the cops and the scene. I dont think your allowed to film the cops(i really have no idea lol) 

I'd make a comment, but sadly everything that needs to be said already has been. Whether or not it was self defense, the dog posed no real etc.. etc...

Also, I came across this video in case it hasn't already been posted.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

snip...

Precisely because it happens all the time, it is a good thing that it still pisses people off. To be honest, I'm sick of seeing this kind of thing. And it's not just because it's with an animal. This level of bullshit happens to humans all the time.

I feel the need to say this again. And I don't mean to be confrontational. I just feel that this is overlooked everytime people talka about a dog attack... It's a dog. Not a sci-fi monster that flies to the throat with the clear intent of killing. If it was one lone guy without enough body mass or even the mental preparation that these guys have simply because they are trained police officers... Then I would agree that it was self defense. What happened there was that they didn't know how to handle the situation. And in the worst of cases, they had good fun watching the animal suffer. And it was abusive behavior on their part: they caused unnecessary suffering to the animal while hiding behind their badges.

And about the last part, about the other video... It's this kind of thinking that made the first video exist. "It's just an animal"...

Edited by moonlightavenger

Whats the diffrence of throwing a puppy off a cliff and throwing a baby. A dogs life is just as valuble as a humans, to be honest probably even more since a dog can't really be bad unless his owner is, while people mostly only care about themselves.

You see nothing wrong with what these officers did to that poor, defenseless puppy? That makes me sick. The guy fucking LAUGHED after throwing a puppy off a cliff. If it was up to me, I would have demoted both of their asses.

Are you serious? If so, I am disgusted that I have to share a species with you, and those pathetic excuse for marines. 

Yes, it'd likely starve to death out there, but chucking off a cliff and laughing? That's borderline insane. People like this don't deserve the blessing of life. Also, I cherish all life, so I personally think chucking a pup off a cliff is absolutely no different than chucking a human infant off a cliff. 

These people a pathetic pansies. Especially the cop who couldn't handle a doggy. Big man, shooting a dog who probably wouldn't have left a scratch on you.

These people literally make me physically, and mentally sick. I honestly don't want to be subject to all this hatred anymore...

You're fine with it? Are you fucking kidding me? He threw a fucking innocent puppy off a fucking cliff...

And who cares if it's not a human baby, it's still a living thing that didn't deserve that.

Precisely because it happens all the time, it is a good thing that it still pisses people off. To be honest, I'm sick of seeing this kind of thing. And it's not just because it's with an animal. This level of bullshit happens to humans all the time.

I feel the need to say this again. And I don't mean to be confrontational. I just feel that this is overlooked everytime people talka about a dog attack... It's a dog. Not a sci-fi monster that flies to the throat with the clear intent of killing. If it was one lone guy without enough body mass or even the mental preparation that these guys have simply because they are trained police officers... Then I would agree that it was self defense. What happened there was that they didn't know how to handle the situation. And in the worst of cases, they had good fun watching the animal suffer. And it was abusive behavior on their part: they caused unnecessary suffering to the animal while hiding behind their badges.

And about the last part, about the other video... It's this kind of thinking that made the first video exist. "It's just an animal"...

You guys just aren't thinking like real, right wing Amurrikans. :P

No, I never said I condone such actions,. What I said was that I don't have a real problem with it. These kind of things elicit very little reaction from me. Always have, always will. I mean, think about it. Compared to all the other crap that's been going on in the Middle East and elsewhere, this is some pretty weak stuff. Also, keep in mind that the average US infantryman in the Middle East doesn't exactly have a really great track record of self restraint. Whether it's just because we've gotten lax in recruiting or because they're fighting "bad guys" who blend in with the populace and have problems dealing with the stress is yet to be seen. But the mental stability isn't always there. You can't blame a guy who's cracked. He isn't in a "sound state of mind". This is why the "guilty by reason of insanity" ruling exists in US courts. 

Now, don't think that I want this kind of stuff to happen or even enjoy it when it does. Neither should have done what they did, but extenuating circumstances may exist, and I can't just go around hating every Joe Schmo who throws a puppy off a cliff. I save my hatred for those who truly deserve it, that's what makes it special.

Personally, I'm more concerned with human rights violations. Let's worry about treating each other nicely before we worry about treating other animals nicely. Now, I know exactly what you're going to say here. "How are we ever going to learn how to treat our fellow man properly when we can't even treat other animals properly?" Simple. Similar beings are more likely to get along than dissimilar ones. So my idea is that we start by learning to treat each other right, then we should really start to worry about the other stuff. Simple, logical approach, is it not? I mean, the way I see it, fixing society is like fixing a car. You have to solve some problems before you solve others, and you always start with the biggest ones. You may have a couple unresolved issues here and there, but as long as she seems to be running smoothly most of the time you're in a pretty good spot. You may have to spend some time buffing out the scratches, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Look guys, the tl;dr of this is that we have bigger fish to fry, at least that's what my ideology tells me.

• Brohoof 1

You guys just aren't thinking like real, right wing Amurrikans. tongue.png

No, I never said I condone such actions,. What I said was that I don't have a real problem with it. These kind of things elicit very little reaction from me. Always have, always will. I mean, think about it. Compared to all the other crap that's been going on in the Middle East and elsewhere, this is some pretty weak stuff. Also, keep in mind that the average US infantryman in the Middle East doesn't exactly have a really great track record of self restraint. Whether it's just because we've gotten lax in recruiting or because they're fighting "bad guys" who blend in with the populace and have problems dealing with the stress is yet to be seen. But the mental stability isn't always there. You can't blame a guy who's cracked. He isn't in a "sound state of mind". This is why the "guilty by reason of insanity" ruling exists in US courts. 

Now, don't think that I want this kind of stuff to happen or even enjoy it when it does. Neither should have done what they did, but extenuating circumstances may exist, and I can't just go around hating every Joe Schmo who throws a puppy off a cliff. I save my hatred for those who truly deserve it, that's what makes it special.

Personally, I'm more concerned with human rights violations. Let's worry about treating each other nicely before we worry about treating other animals nicely. Now, I know exactly what you're going to say here. "How are we ever going to learn how to treat our fellow man properly when we can't even treat other animals properly?" Simple. Similar beings are more likely to get along than dissimilar ones. So my idea is that we start by learning to treat each other right, then we should really start to worry about the other stuff. Simple, logical approach, is it not? I mean, the way I see it, fixing society is like fixing a car. You have to solve some problems before you solve others, and you always start with the biggest ones. You may have a couple unresolved issues here and there, but as long as she seems to be running smoothly most of the time you're in a pretty good spot. You may have to spend some time buffing out the scratches, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Look guys, the tl;dr of this is that we have bigger fish to fry, at least that's what my ideology tells me.

So it's ok for me to steal your stuff because there are rapists in the streets.

Glad we understand each other.

My ideology tells me different.

• Brohoof 2

So it's ok for me to steal your stuff because there are rapists in the streets.

Glad we understand each other.

My ideology tells me different.

Nah, man... not at all.

Firstly, those kind of things can be worked out concurrently. To return to the car analogy, It's like both your taillight and blinker not working. You might as well fix both of 'em while you're messin' around back there.

And secondly, I don't think you're really grasping how this whole thing works. We don't ignore the lower problems, we simply manage them until such a time comes that we are actually able to fix them. My belief is that once you fix the higher ups, it will be easier to fix the lower bits. Kind of a "once you get the mind working properly, then you can get the body moving again" deals. I mean, if we're trying to reduce murder rates but we still have government sanctioned executions, do you really think we're getting anywhere as a society? 

If you ask me, issues such as these (animal rights, abortion, etc.) are comparable to the "circuses" of the Roman "bread and circuses". They preoccupy our time so that we don't worry so much about real issues such as a budget or ending a war that's gone on far too long or putting an end to nuclear proliferation. You get what I'm sayin' here? If we spend our time worrying about all the little social issues, we aren't really accomplishing much.

• Brohoof 2

What the... They have fucking tasers! Christ the only animal that should ever be shot down should be a really pissed off polar bear. It was a dog after all, ohhh no a dog bite. They don't bite very hard and odds are it had dulled teeth from doggy chow.

• Brohoof 2

Nah, man... not at all.

Firstly, those kind of things can be worked out concurrently. To return to the car analogy, It's like both your taillight and blinker not working. You might as well fix both of 'em while you're messin' around back there.

And secondly, I don't think you're really grasping how this whole thing works. We don't ignore the lower problems, we simply manage them until such a time comes that we are actually able to fix them. My belief is that once you fix the higher ups, it will be easier to fix the lower bits. Kind of a "once you get the mind working properly, then you can get the body moving again" deals. I mean, if we're trying to reduce murder rates but we still have government sanctioned executions, do you really think we're getting anywhere as a society? 

If you ask me, issues such as these (animal rights, abortion, etc.) are comparable to the "circuses" of the Roman "bread and circuses". They preoccupy our time so that we don't worry so much about real issues such as a budget or ending a war that's gone on far too long or putting an end to nuclear proliferation. You get what I'm sayin' here? If we spend our time worrying about all the little social issues, we aren't really accomplishing much.

In the first paragraph you tell me that you can deal with both problems at the same time. Because taking people's stuff must be as bad as raping. Because in the second paragraph, after you tell me that I'm an idiot, you tell me that you "manage" the lesser problems until you can actually fix them, because, eventually, you would have fixed all the "bigger problems".

Assuming that stealing stuff is "not as bad" as raping, I'm ok with this. Let me take your stuff, and when the cops catch me, they just let me take it all away, and give me a pat on the head asking me to not do it again. And then they tell you that they will arrest me after they've arrested all the rapists.

And since in the third paragraph you told me that I should not worry about animal rights or abortion, because, you know, there's people dying in those wars that have no relation to this problem of a cop shooting a dog needlessly; can you tell me how to cut a tree with a kazoo? Because then I can probably use the "stop-police-officers-abusing-their-authority-resources" to solve the "hunger-in-Africa-big-problem".

Or maybe the problem is that you see mankind as a big consensus where all "resources-circle" can be directed solely into solving "big-problem-square". In your vision of the world you can take Meghan McCarthy to write the instrumental parts of songs for MLP episodes, while taking Daniel Ingram and putting him in the animators team. And them when the songs are written, and the models are animated, you can focus on the small problem of writing down the lyrics. But only after all the inconsistencies between the voice acting and the model animations, caused by the lack of direction, have been solved.

Please, inform me when you have solved the coup in Egypt, and you can help me make life better for the ignorant idiots like me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I know that if I saw a full grown Rottweiler approaching me while I had it's owner detained, I would assume hostility and take the appropriate self-defensive action.

Or they could've released the owner temporarily because he was being detained and not arrested (supposedly). With him being no immediate threat, letting him go to put the dog back in the car was fine. Self-preservation doesn't necessarily mean killing whoever might be a threat. More often than not, over half the threats you perceive don't even exist. Seriously, you're detaining the owner of a dog who is probably really worried about his owner. Of course the dog will want to know what's happening to him. Guard dogs can be vicious, but if you ever owned a dog, and I do btw, they're only vicious when inside their own territory (typically the owner's home) or when there's a female nearby (even then, not always). Neither of those cases applied to this scenario.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Okay firstly I am not taking sides here at all.... 

Majority of police, and I say majority only, have become total bastards.... From what I have seen they take situations and abuse their power its sickening some of the videos I have seen... Police brutality that is. I feel bad for the cops who actually do their job right and for those few I respect. 

But at the same time the guy video taping the people (for whatever reason) was not being smart at all. Mind your own business about things you know!? He could have avoided all that mess if he would have moved on... Now I am not excusing the behavior of the police they certainly could have handled things better. So both of them are in the wrong. 

I really hate how the police handled the situation sure they could have used another weapon such as a taser or something else! The dog was posing a threat but at the same time they took measures too far.