Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - General Discussion Thread

Theawesomechief

I've heard about this, It sounds like it's gonna be translated to English seen enough. It's coming out virtually this fall I think. Since we are talking about fan stuff, I believe that Turnabout Storm is purely the best crossover series ever.

(edited)

Ace Attorney 5 looks as though it'll be possibly one of the best games in the series so far. Loving all the new footage and screenshots that have been rolling out. If enough people purchase the digital copy, I'm hoping that Capcom desides to eventually release it physically. Purchasing a game digitally just puts me on edge; If my 3DS is damaged at some point for whatever reason and is rendered unplayable, POOF, there goes my games.

As a side note, I'm really hoping that both Mia and Maya make a return in one way or another. We already know that Pearl shows up at one point, though.

Edited by Zerrodo

As a side note, I'm really hoping that both Mia and Maya make a return in one way or another. We already know that Pearl shows up at one point, though.

The Fey family doesn't look like they are going to be making a reappearance in PWAA 5. Even though it isn't impossible that they aren't going to appear, it's likely. Plus, if they are, they will in the later episodes. Plus Mia is dead. She won't be making an appearance without Maya to channel her.

The Fey family doesn't look like they are going to be making a reappearance in PWAA 5. Even though it isn't impossible that they aren't going to appear, it's likely. Plus, if they are, they will in the later episodes. Plus Mia is dead. She won't be making an appearance without Maya to channel her.

I'm well aware that Mia is dead; I never claimed she would make an appearance alive. Also, I remember reading that when asked about Maya, Yamazaki claimed that she would be training in Kurain Village throughout Ace Attorney 5. It's more than possible that we might visit her, as has been done in the past. After all these years she is more than likely to have perfected her skills as a medium quite a bit, wouldn't you agree?

I'm well aware that Mia is dead; I never claimed she would make an appearance alive. Also, I remember reading that when asked about Maya, Yamazaki claimed that she would be training in Kurain Village throughout Ace Attorney 5. It's more than possible that we might visit her, as has been done in the past. After all these years she is more than likely to have perfected her skills as a medium quite a bit, wouldn't you agree?

You are right. In Ace Attorney 2, Maya had been practicing with her skills for over 2 cases, Rise from the ashes and the 1st one from the 2nd game. Maybe she will get into trouble again in this game. Another thing, I'm afraid that the typical story writing of the old games will be taken away from Ace Attorney 5. It's only my guess, I can't confirm it. Just looks like it.

(edited)

The whole digital only thing in Europe is kind of annoying but there's not a lot I can do about it.

Ace Attorney 5 looks as though it'll be possibly one of the best games in the series so far. Loving all the new footage and screenshots that have been rolling out. If enough people purchase the digital copy, I'm hoping that Capcom desides to eventually release it physically. Purchasing a game digitally just puts me on edge; If my 3DS is damaged at some point for whatever reason and is rendered unplayable, POOF, there goes my games.

Speaking of Pearl, I wonder what will she think about his (adopted) daughter, Trucy. Probably something like this.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 1

Another thing, you think that a PWAA roleplay is possible? I personally think that if we don't have experienced Roleplayers and experienced PWAA players, that the roleplay would be impossible. To add on that, PWAA has many mechanics that would make typical roleplaying impossible with it.

Who do you think is the worst final culprit in each game? I'd say Quercius Alba, as he was basically beaten by an old lady (Oldbag) an idiot (Larry) and some logic.

Who do you think is the worst final culprit in each game? I'd say Quercius Alba, as he was basically beaten by an old lady (Oldbag) an idiot (Larry) and some logic.

The final true culprit? It has to be Dahlia. That thing. Not only did she poison like a million people, she comes back from the dead to kill Misty Fey.

I've been on a huge AA run lately and have been enjoying them immensely. Playing Trials and Tribulations right now and obviously I've become obsessed over Godot.

Now I just need to get Apollo Justice and Attorney Investigations 1, and a 3DS for Duel Destinies. It also really sucks that AAI2 never got localized so I hope that fan translation is successful

I've been on a huge AA run lately and have been enjoying them immensely. Playing Trials and Tribulations right now and obviously I've become obsessed over Godot.

Now I just need to get Apollo Justice and Attorney Investigations 1, and a 3DS for Duel Destinies. It also really sucks that AAI2 never got localized so I hope that fan translation is successful

I've been doing the exact same thing. Playing the AA games from start to finish. I actually have it on my Ipod. I just got done with T&T. I have been enjoying all of the soundtracks and everything about it. Now all I need to see is AJ and DD. Also Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton maybe.

Discuss,why i love Ace Attorney so much,this is such a great topic!

:D  :D

What's not to like about AA?

It's got great gameplay,story,characters,soundtrack,and a suspenseful tone!

Nothing is better when you have the true killer cornered and that music starts playing!!

(Plus,mystery is my favorite genre and AA always knows how to deliver!)

This is truly the best game series i have ever played!

W

Discuss,why i love Ace Attorney so much,this is such a great topic!

:D  :D

What's not to like about AA?

It's got great gameplay,story,characters,soundtrack,and a suspenseful tone!

Nothing is better when you have the true killer cornered and that music starts playing!!

(Plus,mystery is my favorite genre and AA always knows how to deliver!)

This is truly the best game series i have ever played!

^

This post is awesome. I truly go with everything you said here. Whenever there is no hope. I find something wrong with their testimony and then the objection theme rolls in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ku95-BAAyE

It's true, Plus maybe MLPforums should go through the work to have everyone watch Turnabout Storm on a livestream. Plus, if you happen to like the AA series. I think you should check out my planning thread for a PWAA thread! I can get you reserved for a role.

• Brohoof 1

I've been doing the exact same thing. Playing the AA games from start to finish. I actually have it on my Ipod. I just got done with T&T. I have been enjoying all of the soundtracks and everything about it. Now all I need to see is AJ and DD. Also Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton maybe.

I have AJ. If I get some proper recording equipment, I could possibly post splay through of it exclusively on these forums if you want! (It's £6.00 at CEX anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So it seems Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is going to have an M rating from the ESRB. I wonder what's going to give it that rating instead of the usual teen rating.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™

Just how the heck have I missed this topic for so long!? Phoenix Wright is my third fandom, just below pokemon and obviously this one. But anyway, on topic!

I also heard that Dual Destinies is going to have an M rating which is all kinds of interesting. I remember that Ace Attorney had a rather graphic introduction in the first case, blood and all and it was rated T. It really does make you wonder what they've done to up it to M.

My hypothesis is that perhaps now that we're dealing with 3D models, ERSB thinks that the game is going to feel more realistic, thus justifying the older age rating. My second guess is perhaps the cases are darker than the ones we've dealt with before in the series. One thing is for sure though... If I see wine being referred to as grape juice in this M-rated game, I think I'm going to have a Gavin laugh.

(edited)

Well Phoenix could still have his grape juice while someone else could have wine. Also, didn't the original games have one guy who was always holding a brandy glass or something?

Edit: OK, I looked at the sprites on Court Records and he was only holding it after a certain point.

Anyway, on another forum, someone's guess was that the violence was going up judging from the trailers highlighting the courtroom blowing up, which is a little different from the off screen murder.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 2

Well Phoenix could still have his grape juice while someone else could have wine. Also, didn't the original games have one guy who was always holding a brandy glass or something?

Edit: OK, I looked at the sprites on Court Records and he was only holding it after a certain point.

Anyway, on another forum, someone's guess was that the violence was going up judging from the trailers highlighting the courtroom blowing up, which is a little different from the off screen murder.

Pfft, obviously Matt Engarde's glass contains chocolate milk! :derp:

Sorry, I just kind of find the whole grape juice thing rather funny. Playing a game about solving murder cases and they have to sensor wine with juice. But yeah, I think you might be on to something. Especially these days, a scene like that could be potentially responsible for a higher rating.

• Brohoof 1

Pfft, obviously Matt Engarde's glass contains chocolate milk! :derp:

Sorry, I just kind of find the whole grape juice thing rather funny. Playing a game about solving murder cases and they have to sensor wine with juice. But yeah, I think you might be on to something. Especially these days, a scene like that could be potentially responsible for a higher rating.

Yes. I mean, it is crazy how far people will go to censor certain topics so they get a lower ESRB rating or a lower anything rating. I mean, grape juice is only one example. When you see guns replaced with peashooters you know you've been playing too many video games with censorship.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney game? Well it seems it is finally getting localised officially! Now all that's left is that second Ace Attorney Investigations game.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 1

Remember that Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney game? Well it seems it is finally getting localised officially! Now all that's left is that second Ace Attorney Investigations game.

I can't wait. I've started playing the Layton games now and hope to finish them before it releases. 

I've also listened the Dual Destinies soundtrack multiple times now, and I love all of it. Luckily i already have a 3DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question, what do you think about Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies having DLC? It seems for one of the DLC cases, you are defending a Killer Whale. That's right, a Killer Whale.

aa5_turnabout_return_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Nutt™

Hi, I'm just here too say that I have just now become a fan of this series :D

I've just finished the first game on emulator and is moving on to the next one right now :P

But seriously, what's not to love with this series? The characters, great. The plot, super. 

And seriously that music :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHhMH3__74M&list=HL1376893070

F***ing loving it