Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

184 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

I haven't seen the second one yet. It's not that I don't like the idea of what they have planned for Sunset, but I think it's being done in the wrong way.

Edited by Smash N Dash

I agree. It kinda seemed like an excuse to sell toys to me. But it's definitely a better movie than I expected and to its credit it does stick to the themes of the show fairly well.

Edited by SonicRainboom27

I would like to see her reformed, don't get me wrong, but it's as if they flipped a switch with it. I would have rather seen it where she slowly worked towards it, kinda like that they did with Discord.

The toy excuse isn't really a good one though. The entire show's purpose is technically to sell toys.

We just so happen to have a bunch of people working on it who've managed to take it beyond just that. But the toy advertisement is still there.

That might be what's happening though Smash. I haven't seen Rainbow Rocks, maybe she struggles with it there? Discord's reformation was sort of rushed too back in Keep calm and Flutter on, but season 4 fixed it.

Edited by BasementNopony
  • Brohoof 1

It's clear the show is first and foremost for the money for Hasbro. I think what happened is they decided to write it well so that it retains value, and so they can expand upon, keep it relevant and popular, and therefore, reinforces the sale of the toys.

Edited by Smash N Dash

Hasbro was just trying to sell toys. It just happened that they also got some of the best in the animation business working for them. The crew chosen by Faust were the ones who put in the effort. Hasbro couldn't care either way, they just saw numbers, and when their numbers went up thanks to the quality of the show, Hasbro did the right thing by adapting some of their merchandising practices to accommodate the new demographic.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 3