Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

187 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

I meant besides the usual oddities and random occurrences this thread is synonymous with.

Edit: (There's a few SAT words for ya)

Edited by Smash N Dash
  • Brohoof 1

The only thing is, it seems like if you want to really get anywhere in the world anymore, you either have to get some sort of a degree (these days, a Bachelor's doesn't really cut it even), or you can learn a trade. Regardless, there's some element of education involved.

• Brohoof 1

If there is one thing about college that makes it all worth it, it's that moment when you realize you are free. That moment when you realize "you got this". The time-honored phrase "the first day of the rest of my life," is derived from this sensation. It comes with a price, or more or less a decision, where you ask yourself if you're going to do it the right way or wrong way.

The right way being studying, working hard, and maybe enjoying a little fun along the way. The wrong way is blowing it all off, making the bare minimum grade, getting into serious debt, and partying 24/7.

Edited by Smash N Dash

But knowing me it wouldn't be freedom. I'd go in and I'd probably hate it, because I hate that sort of environment. Even if I have the choice to leave, I'd feel constantly obligated for one reason or another to keep going. I'd be scared to say no, despite probably wanting to.

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, you have as much free will as you need, when your in college. The difference is what you choose to do with it. No one's going to chase you around and make sure you're doing well in your classes; that's all on you. The institution provides the foundation, and you build your future from there.

Edited by Smash N Dash

We're doing good! I just think if over 100 people posted here a day. It would reach 1,000,000 in no time.

And I mean like the same 100 people just counting and counting, posting constantly.

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~
  • Brohoof 1

Night Filly!

But I'd feel guilty if I just quit. But I'd also feel like a coward for not saying no. Maybe nobody is forcing me anymore, but that pressure is still there. I'd lose motivation and just sit and stare at the wall, wishing I could do literally anything else.

Even the thought of the words "School" or "Class" is enough to make me feel angry in some cases.

Hello Sadist!

Edited by PrincessBase

Elementary, middle, and high school were all awful to me.

And what if I turn out to be correct Smash? What if I spend all that money, and all that time, and I'm correct. I know myself pretty well, my positive traits, and my negatives. I'm pretty good with that. Maybe you'd be correct, but I'm highly inclined to believe I would be correct in this case.

College works for you. Perhaps there might even be cases where it would work for me. But with my own feelings and past experiences, it is a risk I'm not willing to take. My notions may be preconceived, but if college is even vaguely like high school or middle school or any of my other experiences, I doubt I could do it.

Edited by PrincessBase

True. But risk can also bring severe problems.

What would I go to college for anyways? I have no ideas for what I want. Would I just take random classes until I find something? What if that college doesn't offer the thing I might really want? What if I can't find anything? What if my Preconceived notions turn out to be true? What do I do then?

I don't have enough money for it, my past experiences with any sort of school system have left me cynical and paranoid, and I have literally no idea what I would want to do anyway. Going sounds like a literally terrible idea in every single way.