Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

182 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

I MISS MY MUSIC NOTE ON MY USERNAME THOUGH D': 

I CAN'T GET IT BACK AND IT MAKES ME VERY SAD

...that must've been before my time, or I must not have noticed.

Kara means land or from or something... (I cheated via Google Translate... :P)

Well, it still works even if I input your home state. :lol: But anyway, I got a 'slip of the eyesight' and misread it as your home state... XD

Ahh... that makes sense.

• Brohoof 2

Kara means land or from or something... (I cheated via Google Translate... :P)

Well, it still works even if I input your home state. :lol: But anyway, I got a 'slip of the eyesight' and misread it as your home state... XD

:x google translate didn't really work in your favor.

I know some Japanese from what I've picked up from anime and manga for about 6 years now..

If you want to say that he came from a place.. "(person) ga (place) kara kimashita" So "Otaku ga Washington kara kimashita." kimashita= come from 

This says "Otaku comes from Washington" d:

...that must've been before my time, or I must not have noticed.

I had that username from Jan 28- June 10 2013 d:

• Brohoof 1

At least Google Translate works even if it doesn't give the accurate translation... :derp:

What I meant to say is something like "Hello otaku from Washougal", and I know a bit of the translation, but the sentence structure is what I am completely unsure about... ahihihi.gif

• Brohoof 1

If you want to say that he came from a place.. "(person) ga (place) kara kimashita" So "Otaku ga Washington kara kimashita." kimashita= come from 

This says "Otaku comes from Washington" d:

I had that username from Jan 28- June 10 2013 d:

...technically, it'd be "Otaku ga Washougal kara kimashita" since my current name reflects the city.

Yeah, I joined earlier this year (...May, I think).

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 1

What I meant to say is something like "Hello otaku from Washougal", and I know a bit of the translation, but the sentence structure is what I am completely unsure about... ahihihi.gif

Ditto, at least when it comes to the grammatical sentence structure.  Try to remember how Yoda talks.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 2

At least Google Translate works even if it doesn't give the accurate translation... :derp:

Google is your friend d: Google translate not so much.

There are plenty of guides on how to structure the sentences, but typing it in on google translate usually doesn't give the normal conversational speech. It likes to use the super formal words and such. 

This goes for all sorts of languages- don't just use google translate, it helps so much to read on yahoo answers and stuff. Google translate dependency for me about costed me my Spanish grade xD So much mistranslation..

• Brohoof 2

Well, I have Japanese classes happening during my Wednesday school, so I guess that'd help out a bit... ahihihi.gif

Also not to mention watching anime... ;)

Edited by Fillypino Pride
  • Brohoof 1

o: thats cool! 

I just found an example of what I was saying.

I looked for "happy birthday" because that's a common phrase.

It gives the literal translation "Shiwasene tanjoubi" but that's not really what you would say there. The common phrase is "Tanjoubi omedetou" or.. congratulations on your birthday" .. so yeah. It's that kind of stuff that messed me up a few years ago.

EWW!!!  I HATE GOOGLE!!!  ...except for Images and Maps.

XD I've never heard anyone say that before

• Brohoof 1