Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Gender Conundrum

Charcoal Embers

Tempest followed the sound of Charcoal's voice and noticed the room. "What is this?" He asked, slightly curious. The cyan pegesus then began to trot through the room, looking at the various devices

Ivy followed Tempest and eventually found the room. She then glanced at Charcoal. "Do you have any idea what any of this stuff does?" He asked.

Skitter runs eyes watered up.

"So you know everything then"

Skitter just wanted to go and hide she felt so emberessed

" so what did I tell who I liked?"

Skitter hope that she didn't say, she had to be strong and couldn't afford any weekness.

(way to sound forboding lol)

@@Skitter Run,

Max looked nervous, avoiding the Skitter Run's gaze.

"You...might of...let is slip that...you like Sunset." She said, timidly. She heard Charcol and decided this was as good as an escape as any.

"COMING! Come on Icy, let's go." She said hastily, flying-literally-through the hall towards her destination. 

Frost had been sitting and listing to the long conversations that the other ponies were having and almost fell asleep when she heard Charcoal yell. "Yeah COMING!" she said relieved to e taken away from the conversations that he had taken no part in.

Tempest followed the sound of Charcoal's voice and noticed the room. "What is this?" He asked, slightly curious. The cyan pegesus then began to trot through the room, looking at the various devices

Ivy followed Tempest and eventually found the room. She then glanced at Charcoal. "Do you have any idea what any of this stuff does?" He asked.

Charcoal turned to see Ivy and Tempest found the room. "Hello you two." Charcoal began to look through the equipment to see if there was anything he knew how to use. "To be honest, no. I have no idea what most of this stuff does. Tech isn't exactly my forte, so I was hoping one of you all was a smart pony and could tell me what most of this stuff does."

Skitter run heard charcoal yelling and max bolting of so she ran back and grabbed sunset and bolted after max. When she reached the room she stumbled and trip and let go off sunset. She started rolling and hit a machine that then proceded to make a humming noise.

@,

Icy heard Charcoal call out to them. He wondered what he could have found.

"I hope he found a way out" He saw Scribe heading towards Charcoal

"Hey you didn't answer my question" -Well she didn't, but it was too vague for me- He thought.

@@ActFast231,

He watched as Max flew through the air.

"I wish I had wings" as he walked. As far as he care walking or running if there was no danger there wasn't a need to rush.

"Still I would pick magic over wings, but it wouldn't hurt to have wings" he said talking to himself. 

Edited by Snowy Storm
  • Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers,

Max entered the room, seeing all the technology in the room, trying to make sense of it all. She started thinking aloud.

"I've seen rooms like this at Canterlot University. These could be anything from breakers for the facility, surveillance and security systems, computers running high end programs and algorithms...We may find a solution to out problem in this room, but there are no guarantees."  

@@Charcoal Embers,

Max entered the room, seeing all the technology in the room, trying to make sense of it all. She started thinking aloud.

"I've seen rooms like this at Canterlot University. These could be anything from breakers for the facility, surveillance and security systems, computers running high end programs and algorithms...We may find a solution to out problem in this room, but there are no guarantees."

"Yes, finally a smart pony." Charcoal walked over to Max. "So do you know exactly what this stuff does. I did look through it a but but I didn't find a laser of any kind. So I don't think this room can change us back, but it might provide a way out for somepony that is smart."

Scribe was busying herself examining one of the machines: she had absolutely no idea what it was supposed to be for: buttons and switches lined the front of it: all unmarked and unlabelled.

'Don't. Touch. Anything.'

She rolled her eyes at her own thoughts: of course she wasn't going to touch anything - that would be terribly irresponsible!

Scribe was busying herself examining one of the machines: she had absolutely no idea what it was supposed to be for: buttons and switches lined the front of it: all unmarked and unlabelled.

'Don't. Touch. Anything.'

She rolled her eyes at her own thoughts: of course she wasn't going to touch anything - that would be terribly irresponsible!

Charcoal looks and sees Scribe looking around on her own. Walking over he looks to see what she is looking at. "So, Scribe, do you have any idea what any of this stuff does? Techy stuff isn't my forte so I'm lost in this room. But maybe you know something about this stuff?" Charcoal asks hopefully.

'Don't...'

She looked over the control panel again.

"It kind of looks like something my friend built once..."

Of course, this was quite a lot more technical than Cinders coffee maker.

'Touch...'

Oh! A red light next to a switch! Whatever it was, it was switched off! She wondered what it might be for...

'Anything!'

Only one way to find out! She pressed a hoof down on the switch.

Frost walked into the room, only to be greeted by many machines. Her eyes widened with happiness, she had always loved technology, it's inner workings, functions, everything. She walked over to one of the bigger machines. "Ooooohh. I would LOVE to see the motherboard that runs you big boy." she said laughing to herself about the comment.

'Don't...'

"It kind of looks like something my friend built once..."

Of course, this was quite a lot more technical than Cinders coffee maker.

'Touch...'

Oh! A red light next to a switch! Whatever it was, it was switched off! She wondered what it might be for...

'Anything!'

Only one way to find out! She pressed a hoof down on the switch.

Charcoal watched as Scribe pressed the button. That could not have been a good idea, especially since it caused spikes to come out of the roof. Once they began falling Charcoal paniced since he didn't actually know how much force Scribes armour could take, and now from above. So he pushed Scribe out of the way, unfortunately his legs got caught under the trap. Charcoal screams out in pain as the spikes impail his legs.

Charcoal watched as Scribe pressed the button. That could not have been a good idea, especially since it caused spikes to come out of the roof. Once they began falling Charcoal paniced since he didn't actually know how much force Scribes armour could take, and now from above. So he pushed Scribe out of the way, unfortunately his legs got caught under the trap. Charcoal screams out in pain as the spikes impail his legs.

Frost heard the scream and ran over to see the impailed leg. "Celestia....um what can I do?" she asked frantically as she turned to Scribe "Does any of those buttons or levers retract this thing." she said almost yelling out of fear. "This is bad." she thought getting a grip in the situation

Frost heard the scream and ran over to see the impailed leg. "Celestia....um what can I do?" she asked frantically as she turned to Scribe "Does any of those buttons or levers retract this thing." she said almost yelling out of fear. "This is bad." she thought getting a grip in the situation

Charcoal was in pain and that was putting it lightly. He was doing his best not to just screaming out until he couldn't scream anymore. But he couldn't do that, not while they still had to find a way out of this building. "Try... lifting... it." Charcoal said between grunts of pain.

Charcoal was in pain and that was putting it lightly. He was doing his best not to just screaming out until he couldn't scream anymore. But he couldn't do that, not while they still had to find a way out of this building. "Try... lifting... it." Charcoal said between grunts of pain.

Frost eyes widened even more"L-lift it." she squeaked. Even as a stallion Frost was never really super strong, now that he was a mare it was probably lesser so. "Ok." she said as she began to try and lift the trap. "Some HELP would be nice!" she yelled at the others.

Frost eyes widened even more"L-lift it." she squeaked. Even as a stallion Frost was never really super strong, now that he was a mare it was probably lesser so. "Ok." she said as she began to try and lift the trap. "Some HELP would be nice!" she yelled at the others.

Charcoal was only able to watch as Frost struggled to lift the heavy trap on her own. Being trapped isn't fun. But even if it hurt Charcoal didn't want to help her if he can. Turning to just the right position Charcoal began to lush up as hard as he could on the trap. It started to lift with the two of them but it still wasn't enough.

'Vengeful Celestia! Now look what you've done!'

"Charcoal!" Scribe screamed as the shock wore off, positioning her neck under the edge of the trap and straining against it.

"Who the buck has a switch that does that? And what were you thinking jumping under it? That should have been me!" She shouted in alarm, blinking tears of shock and guilt.

Edited by Cinderscribe

'Vengeful Celestia! Now look what you've done!'

"Charcoal!" Scribe screamed as the shock wore off, positioning her neck under the edge of the trap and straining against it.

"Who the buck has a switch that does that? And what were you thinking jumping under it? That should have been me!" She shouted in alarm, blinking tears of shock and guilt.

Even though Scribe was a unicorn it was obvious that she was much stronger than the average one. With her help as well they were able to lift the trap just enough for Charcoal to just barely slip his legs out. After getting his legs out he looks at Scribe. "It was a combination of panic and a thought that dieing like that can't feel very good. And think about it, yes you have armour but how good is it against spikes falling on top of you? Losing my legs is better than somepony else losing their life." Charcoal said with a smile. Then he wiped away Scribe's tears. "So stop your crying now."

Frost fell back onto her rump holding her head. "Feez, this is getting way to CRAZY!" she said begining to rock back and forth at the sight of Charcoals leg. "Nononononon, this isn't real, this isn't real." she muttered closing her eyes trying to think of something more pleasant. "All I asked for was one vacation, ONE!" she thought

Frost fell back onto her rump holding her head. "Feez, this is getting way to CRAZY!" she said begining to rock back and forth at the sight of Charcoals leg. "Nononononon, this isn't real, this isn't real." she muttered closing her eyes trying to think of something more pleasant. "All I asked for was one vacation, ONE!" she thought

Charcoal saw that Frost wasn't doing to well with the situation. Dragging himself over he sits beside Frost. "Hey, calm down Frost. I'm fine, you don't need to worry. And I will make sure that I will fix all of this. Alright?" Just to go the extra mile Charcoal starts rubbing Frosts back.

Charcoal saw that Frost wasn't doing to well with the situation. Dragging himself over he sits beside Frost. "Hey, calm down Frost. I'm fine, you don't need to worry. And I will make sure that I will fix all of this. Alright?" Just to go the extra mile Charcoal starts rubbing Frosts back.

Frost took her hoofs off of her head and looked Charcoal and ailed slightly, still breathing heavily. "Ok ok. Thank you." she said as she stopped rocking and just sat there still trying to get a grip on the situation. She looked back at Charcoal again. "So now what?" she asked in a shaky tone.

"You know, that's the sort of stupid stunt I'd normally pull..." Scribe mumbled through a very forced smile as her heartbeat returned to a normal pace.

"Does anypony here know any kind of healing magic or... or something? I'm no use once an injury's already there..."