Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Gender Conundrum

Charcoal Embers

(You think that's bad? I've invented a whole new character because of this RP :P)

"... It's probably poison." Scribe mumbled into the dark liquid. Her mind was warning her to throw it away - her stomach was telling her otherwise. She caught sight of charcoals leg and a pang of guilt struck her.

Settling for a happy medium, she took a small sip and simply set the drink down nearby: maybe she would need it, the way things were going so far.

"It tastes kind of okay... a bit warm I guess." She shrugged.

Edited by Cinderscribe

(No not really Scribe)

"I really don't have a home" Icy said "I travel a lot. So you could say all of Equestria is my home. I won't let this sicko get away with what he is planning to do"

@

"Are you sure it is safe to be drinking a random liquid? If this pony turned us into the other gender think what this could do. Give us any number of things"

@@ActFast231,

"Good to see drinking isn't on your list" He said sighing.  

• Brohoof 1

"It was just to taste it! How else are we going to know if Skitters about to drop d... If Skitters drunk something bad?." Scribe shrugged indignantly.

"And I'm the one with the most body mass so it makes sense that... oh, wait, no I'm not anymore..." She gave a short 'Huh' of consideration and shook her head: yeah, it seemed fine.

"Remember you are a mare now and you have lost a bit of your bulk" -And to think I liked him when I was a mare- He thought to himself

"We need a plan.So we need our wits" He looked around

"I say lets destory everything. Books and all. That way his research is lost. Unicorns who can use magic should be the ones destorying things since we can be at a distance"

@@Snowy Storm,

@@Charcoal Embers

Max thought for a moment, and then got an idea.

"Wait, don't destroy this research. Not yet at least. Let's see if anything in here can change us back, maybe even learn this guy's plan. THEN we burn this place to the ground." She looked over at the drink, and shuddered.

"And I don't want to be poisoned again. Not if it does that to me again. Hell, it made Skit-" Max's face fell instantly.

"Icy, did I...say anything or do anything...odd, in your presence while I was poisoned?" She asked cautiously. 

Skitter looked around worriedly at charcoal.

@charcoal embers

"Do you at least know how long it take for the poison to hit or before i started showing signs of being poison. The last time I was poison I apparently did stupid stuff"

Then she turned to max and said.

"Not much you were contained before you said anything "

At that she stared at him.

"By the way you know what I told you I think it's only fair if you told me"

Sunset had blushed as Skitter had started stroking his mane. He had looked at her and was about to stammer out an apology when somepony else started acting weird. She watched the display she put on and wondered what had happened. Suddenly, Skitter said something sunset didn't hear and started blushing. Sunset tilted his head and was once again about to speak but cut off, this time by Skitter rushing away. 

Skitter came bak a few minutes later and grabbed Sunset's hoof. He jumped onto his three other hooves so she wouldn't have to drag him. Skitter led him into a room and abruptly tripped and fell, knocking herself out. Sunset sat beside her, waiting for her to wake up, and when she did, she didn't even notice him until she came back from a room with a drink.

Sunset looked down at the drink Skitter had given him. it didn't look very good, but he was so thirsty. Still, the thought of it being poisoned was too risky, so he mumbled an apology as he pushed it away.

Fiirecracker had been so startled by everything that after he talked to Skitter, everything became a blur. next thing he knew, everypony was heading into a room. he slowly followed, checking for any more traps.

((Sorry about everything, it's hard to keep up and my laptop was confiscated for a few days. I plan to have them both get infected with that mustachium thin or whatever))

"I say we destroy it all. Even supposing its not all lies planted here for us to find, I'd rather stay like this than risk becoming like whoever did this to us." Scribe said with a determined look. "I'm pretty messed up right now but I'm not going to let him change who I am."

Considering the circumstances, the analogy lost some of its effect.

"Morally, I mean..."

@@ActFast231,

"True we should at least find somethings out, before we start destorying things" He heard the second thing she said.

"Say? uh... I don't remember?" Icy said not sure who to respond to it.

@,

"Yeah, one thing he has already changed us" Then He thought over over the benefits of staying a male.

"At this point I might agree with you, But if I get the chance to be who I was before I think I would take it" He said unsure.

@@Snowy Storm,

@@Skitter Run

Max gave the colt a very bored look.

"You don't remember what I said in a drug addled state 10 minutes ago." She deadpanned. Truthfully, she almost didn't want to know, but curiosity had a way of taking over. Apparently Skitter Run had the same issue when she just asked her something rather personal. She decided to play dumb.

"What do you mean, Skitter?" 

Skitter run went back over to sunset and sat next to her

"what do you think we should do "

Skitter then placed his hoof down on sunsets

"don't worry I'll get you out of here and make sure nothing happens"

Skitter then looked at the drink

" well nothing funny has happened to me yet I assume it's safe"

"I want to get changed back too, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to go rooting around with Celestia knows whatever might be in here."

'How the hay did I end up as the voice of caution?' She wondered.

"What if we end up making things worse? I say we find the one who did this and force them to change us back: not risk ourselves trying some experiment that might even be a trap itself."

It was a strangely profound moment for Scribe, as she considered their actions ahead of time. Hopefully, it would last. It probably wouldn't but...

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

"Look, I'm not saying we experiment on anything-or anypony-yet, but there could be vital information to this guy's plan and how he did this to us here. Destroying it now would be foolish. We need to stop him first, then we torch this place. I promise, nothing stupid will be done if it can be helped." 

@@ActFast231

"Okay. Just be careful... If there are traps here too, that means he suspected we might get this far. In that case, he probably suspected we would find this. If you see anything that says 'drink this' or 'push this' then i would advise against it."

Scribe shrugged.

"One ponies already hurt because of me, I'm not going to let that happen to anyone else."

@,

Max nodded, and began to look across the shelves and walls for anything of interest. Several documents, nothing vital. She continued searching, and found a lever next to a panel. Being the only thing she didn't check yet, she pulled the lever. Before she could back away, a piston with a boxing glove on the end shot out of the panel, punching her in the face in a very comical manner, knocking her out immediately. 

Icy couldn't help, but laugh at the poor mare

"Well now we have a pony outcold" he went over to the Max.

"At least now I can tell you" he said to her knocked out body.

"You acted like a love struck pony"

"Scribe I like how you are now the voice of reason. I think you were meant to be a mare" he meant it to be a complant, but he didn't know how Scribes would take it

• Brohoof 1

@@Skitter Run

Charcoal, not distracted by Max getting knocked out in one of the funniest ways possible, turns to answer Skitters question. "Well the more you drank the more of an effect it will have on you. A poison like mustashium that isn't fatal but just kind of messes with your head isn't as strong and will have to travel through all of your bodies defences before it can have much of an effect. So I think you should be fine. You might feel a little dizzy but that should be the worst of it."

@@Snowy Storm,

@,

Max, while unconscious, was in what appeared to be a void of nothingness. He was male while in his own psyche, but that would change if he remained a mare for too long. Max simply wandered the void, until he heard whispering. He couldn't make it out at first, but then he heard something come through, very quietly.

"....I can tell you

What the hell was that? Somepony wants to tell me something?

"You acted like a love struck pony......."

What? What was that? I was acting like what?

In the distance, Max could see a mare, a very familiar mare, facing him, before walking away. He tried to give chase, but before he knew it, he began to fall, his wings being taken away. Everything faded to white, before he slowly regained consciousness. She got up slowly, holding her head with a hoof.

"Uhh...what happened?" She asked groggily. She looked up to see Icy before her.

"That...that was the weirdest dream I've ever had..." She thought aloud, before shakily standing up.

"Uhm, thanks...I think." Scribe answered uneasily in response to Icy.

'Is he calling us feminine?' Her mind echoed indignantly.

She assumed it was a compliment anyway, In some round about way, and smiled.

"Heh, I think you're handling this better than me. I just want us to get out of this in one piece. That's not so hard to understand Is it?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

"Uhm, thanks...I think." Scribe answered uneasily in response to Icy.

'Is he calling us feminine?' Her mind echoed indignantly.

She assumed it was a compliment anyway, In some round about way, and smiled.

"Heh, I think you're handling this better than me. I just want us to get out of this in one piece. That's not so hard to understand Is it?"

Charcoal was just looking around, trying to find something of value. Then he sees another door. He wouldn't have given it a second though had it not been for the fact she saw a breeze blow out from under it. "You might be able to get out of here sooner than you think. That door over there has a breeze blowing and where there is a breeze there is wind and where there is wind there is outside." He followed along the outside of the door frame, trying to see if she could find any wires or anything that may lead them to the switch to open the door. While she was looking he had almost forgotten how badely his leg was bleeding. He gives a slight shiver. "Hey, is it getting colder in here to you guys or is it just me?"

Frost grunted still holding Charcoal up. "Are stallions really this heavy?" she thought to her self as she shivered a bit. "What?" she thought frantically as she looked down and could see a puff of warm steam every time she took a breathe. She looked at Charcoal. "Nope it's not just you."

"Yeah it's kind of breezy." Agreed the mare as she protectively sped up slightly to close the distance. "I don't remember seeing snow or anything outside... Be careful. And yell if something goes wrong."

The cold was really starting to bite: a layer of condensation had appeared covering her armour and she could feel her muscles using just a little more energy than they would normally need.

The cold was now really starting to get to Charcoal. He slipped out of Frosts grip and starts to shake violently in the fetal position. "So cold." Charcoal mumbled as the cold combined with the low of blood slowly got to him. It was enough to make his blood run cold, almost literally.

Edited by Charcoal Embers

Sparks crackling from her horn through sheer magical-exhaustion, Scribe winced as she forced a barrier up over the passage: it did little for the cold air but held the breeze back at least.

"Charcoal! Oh buck..." She muttered as the headaches started to come. "Fire! We need fire or... something! Somepony do something!"

Frost felt Charcoal slip out of her grip and fall to the floor. She was begging to shiver more and more until she stumbled and fell next to Charcoal. She scotted over to him and bear hugged him tightly."B-b-body h-heat." she muttered slowly trying to get everypony to huddle together