Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Gender Conundrum

Charcoal Embers

@@Snowy Storm,

Max looked at the colt oddly, before thinking back to her unconcious state. A single statement rang through her head.

You acted like a love struck pony

"Well, I had an odd dream, and a voice...no wait, it was a mare. A mare was speaking to me in the softest voice imaginable and yet I still understood what she said. 'You acted like a love struck filly' it said. When I tried chasing after her, I fell. That's when I woke up with you over me." 

@@ActFast231

"Yeah, it does sound like an odd dream, a mare with a soft voice? I was asking because you were talking to yourself" Icy added that last part. He know it was lying, but a small lie never hurts.

"Well I just wanted to know if you were ok" Icy began on the head of the sculpture. She knew it would melt as soon as they got out, but he did like making things out of ice.

@@Snowy Storm,

@@Mint Drop

"Right...it was certainly weird, as the mare seemed very familiar." Max simply shrugged, and decided it best to get the others out. She departed from Icy and went to help up the shy mare...colt that she saw at the airport, and with much effort, got him up. He decided next to help up Firecracker, and got him up as well. Max was starting to get fatigued, but pressed on. As far as she knew, Icy was the last one up. Chances are that he finished...whatever he was doing. She glided down to him, floating a foot off the ground.

"Ready to go?"

@@ActFast231,

He heard Max talking to him. He was finishing the final details to his sculpture.

"Yes, yes I am. My good sir" He said bowing to he. "Or is it Madam?" He said smiling. He held out the Ice sculpture. It was a pony made out of ice, but he made sure to leave some details out.

"It's not my best work, but I like it" He said as he picked himself up from the ground and brushing off the dust.

Edited by Snowy Storm

@@Snowy Storm,

Max was legitimately impressed by the ice sculptor before her. It looked very well crafted.

"Wow, that is extremely impressive, Icy. Is there anything you can't do with ice?" She asked rhetorically. She flew over him, and wrapped her forelegs around his waist to lift him up. There was something odd about carrying the colt, beyond being cold to the touch. Max couldn't pinpoint it, but it was a strange feeling. She fluttered up, using her remaining strength to fly him up to the roof, setting him down before collapsing. 

"Man...I...am.......tired."

@@ActFast231,

"Thanks for the lift" He noticed that Max looked very tired. -then again she had to carry every pony out of that place-

"It you want, I could carry you on my back" Not sure if that sounded weird "You know so that you don't have to walk and stuff"  He quickly added

@@Snowy Storm,

Max looked up at him from where she lay, a thoughtful look on her face. On one hand (hoof?) she was completely wiped and would need time to recover, but she couldn't burden Icy like that. But they do need to keep moving if they are going to find meds and a way to stop this guy. Plus she wouldn't mind getting closer to-

Where the hell did that thought come from? Weird.

"I...I guess, but...I don't want to trouble you like that. If you don't want to..."

Charcoal slowly began to wake. The first thing he noticed was the lack of movement he could do, he tried to move his forelegs, hindlegs, but none of them worked. He was able to open his eyes up a little, just enough to see. He looked around and saw everyone sitting around, and they were outside. Wait, outside? When did that happen? Charcoal thought to himself.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Hey! Back in the land of the living?" Scribe said soothingly, leaning over Charcoal as she held her hooves against the injury in a desperate bid to stop the bleeding. When this failed, she cinsidered the only two things she was particularly good at: since beating the wounded stallion wasn't going to be useful in any way, she clenched her eyes and focused her energy on creating a small barrier wrapped around his leg as an improvised bandage.

Her horn sparked violently and the spell flickered into non-existence as lights exploded inside her head.

'Oh...'

So magic was now completely out of the picture...

"Hang in there, we're going to find you some help..."

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Hey! Back in the land of the living?" Scribe said soothingly, leaning over Charcoal as she held her hooves against the injury in a desperate bid to stop the bleeding. When this failed, she cinsidered the only two things she was particularly good at: since beating the wounded stallion wasn't going to be useful in any way, she clenched her eyes and focused her energy on creating a small barrier wrapped around his leg as an improvised bandage.

Her horn sparked violently and the spell flickered into non-existence as lights exploded inside her head.

'Oh...'

So magic was now completely out of the picture...

"Hang in there, we're going to find you some help..."

Charcoal was having trouble hearing what Scribe was saying. They'll guide me to some kelp? What the heck does that mean? Maybe I'm just tired, maybe I should take a quick nap before we get going on our way. I'm sure no pony would mind if I do. Charcoal thought. Though he decided against it so as to not be rude to Scribe, though it was getting harder to keep his eyes open.

@@ActFast231,

"It's no problem. It would be my pleasure" He said. He lifted Max on to his back.

"Just so you know, I expect you to carry me when we get back to our right genders" He 

@,

"Wait, we can't use magic?" This shocked him. He thought it was just warming up around him. Focusing in front of his magic failed to respond to him.

"No!" He cried "Not my magic!"

(OOC -And there is the old Icy-)

@@Snowy Storm,

Max didn't argue when she was lifted onto the colt's back. Honestly, she it could be worst. She did manage a soft chuckle at his comment.

"Yeah, I know. Though to be fair, I did just carry you not two minutes ago." She said jokingly. But soon after, Icy began freaking out because of the apparent lack of magic. Something was keeping mages from using their abilities. Max-not wanting anypony to be distressed, did something that was most likely a product of the still foreign amount of estrogen running through her body. She positioned herself parallel to Icy, and wrapped her forelegs around his neck in an attempted hug. 

"Hey, it's OK. Whatever this is is probably temporary. You don't need magic anyway." She said soothingly.

Well, I'm definitely feeling the effects of being a mare.

Charcoal was just sitting on the roof where Max had dropped him, when out of nowhere he felt a... jolt, of sorts. From that he seemed to get a small second wind and with the energy from that proceeded to stand on shaky hooves. Though with the lack of coordination his hoof slips and he falls off the roof.

@@ActFast231,

"I'm a unicorn, magic is my thing, my art" He said in his stressed state. Then he felt Max hugging him.

he stood there unsure what to do or to think. It was odd to him, even as a mare, for another to touch her and less so hugging.

"... I..." He didn't know what to say next.

"Thanks. I guess I needed that" he said looking straight ahead.

@@Charcoal Embers,

He saw Charcoal stumble over and was heading off the roof

"Max hold on tight" He rushed over and slammed his hooves on the roof. He reached down with his mouth to grab her by the tail.

"You could get three of killed right now" He tried to say with a mouth full of hair

@@Snowy Storm,

@@Charcoal Embers,

Max held on around his waist as they were dangling off the edge of the roof, Icy holding Charcoal by the tail, and slipping. Max mustered all her strength, and flapped her wings harder than she has her entire life. She pulled back on Icy's waist, and flung them back onto the roof. Max was splayed out, panting hard.

"I....am really...getting tired....of this bucking.....female body." She went up to adjust her fedora, only to find it missing. All her energy returned immediatly, and she sprung up, looking around frantically.

"Where is it? Whereisit? WHEREISIT?!?!" She began hyperventilating, as she continued her frantic search.  

(Even as a male, Max would still flip out at losing his hat.)

@@Snowy Storm,

@@Charcoal Embers,

Max held on around his waist as they were dangling off the edge of the roof, Icy holding Charcoal by the tail, and slipping. Max mustered all her strength, and flapped her wings harder than she has her entire life. She pulled back on Icy's waist, and flung them back onto the roof. Max was splayed out, panting hard.

"I....am really...getting tired....of this bucking.....female body." She went up to adjust her fedora, only to find it missing. All her energy returned immediatly, and she sprung up, looking around frantically.

"Where is it? Whereisit? WHEREISIT?!?!" She began hyperventilating, as she continued her frantic search.

(Even as a male, Max would still flip out at losing his hat.)

Charcoal saw Max frantically looking around, though for what reason he wasn't sure he was still having a little trouble with basic bodily functions like thinking or hearing. After watching him for a few seconds something blocks his vision. Taking a hoof to see what it is he sees that it is some sort of hat. Though it did look familiar but he just couldn't put his hoof on where.

Oblivious to all that was happening, a scene played out inside Scribes head:

"This is all too weird. Why do things like this always happen to me?"

'Because you're an idiot? Because you consistently put your hoof in the simplest of situations? Or maybe because the universe hates you... pick any two'

"I'm sick of it. Things always go wrong near me and I'm sick of others getting hurt because of it..."

'Yeah, yeah you do tend to mess up quite often. Like now - sleeping when there's a pony bleeding to death in front of you and who knows what else going on.'

"What?!"

'You heard me. Tried to use magic and something sucked it right out if you - probably passed out after that, considering how you're abusing yourself recently.'

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

'Well, It was pretty funny. And we never just talk any more...'

@@ActFast231,@@Charcoal Embers,

Icy Had strained himself holding up Charcoal. This body of his had more muscle then his female body.

He heard Max yelling about her hat.

"Max just relax. I promise after I rest up I'll help you find it" He closed his eye, but before he could completely close his eyes He saw Charcoal with a hat. He got up and walked over to her.

"Well my dear lady, may I have that hat of yours?" He took the hat from her and placed it on his head.

"Hey Max what do you think of my new hat?"

@

He noticed Scribe standing there.

"Hey you ok?" He thought back to the drink she had sipped

"Great don't tell me. See I did tell you it was bad"

Edited by Snowy Storm

@@Snowy Storm,

Max turned to Icy to see him wearing her hat. She stared for a moment, before speaking softly.

"You look really good in that hat." Almost immediately, she blinked rapidly, looking around.

"Wha? Oh, Icy. You found my hat. Thanks. That hat means a lot to me, it's been in my family for generations." She said, retrieving the hat from his head, returning it to her own. 

@@Snowy Storm @@ActFast231 @ @@Mint Drop

Charcoal kind of needed some help and quick, he was beginning to hallucinate. "Say, when did we invite the griffins to our pool house?" Charcoal asked, seeing some strange griffin jumping into the water on the other side of the room. "Is anyone else going to be getting in or should we leave?"

Edited by Charcoal Embers