Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Me has idea for RP

SuperTheAwesome

Well, I've been daydreaming, and an idea popped in my mind. I had been thinking about Hearth's Warming Eve and how the species of ponies were divided. And that got me to think, what if they were divided again? What if a war had started amongst them? These are my ideas:

The Unicorns have control over Canterlot, which includes the castle. I'm not sure what I can do about Celestia and Luna being there, though. The unicorns can use magic to their advantage in the war, and unicorns are being trained in Canterlot on how to do complex magic. The laws are strict in Canterlot and you can be easily executed if you do not follow them.

The Pegasi have control over Cloudsdale. They can use flying and control over weather to their advantage. If you are not a strong pony and/or are not willing to fight, you get kicked out of Cloudsdale. Only the strongest of pegasi are allowed in Cloudsdale.

The Earth Ponies have control over Ponyville and Appleloosa. They are strong and courageous, and use that to their advantage. There are many of them, but not all of them fight in the war. The Earth Ponies are more civilized and kind, so if you are not willing to fight you don't have to. You can just live a happy life.

I've never started an RP before, and I think this is too small of an idea for one to be based off of. Anypony have an idea about what I could add to make this RP worth making?

One thing, the punishments in Canterlot are too dark for the MLP FiM universe. It won't work out. Maybe jail sentences would be better.

As for the entire plot, you have to think of a reason for the division of the species, and who would be willing to try to harmonize them again, as well as several consequences and situations the war would diverge into. Like, what happens to those who support harmony? What happens to bystanders and those who encourage isolation? What would happen if everything returns to normal? How would the species recover? Other than the ponies, who or what else would be affected? Would the ponies remain divided and why? How? What would that lead to?

Edited by super*specialSTAR

^ Youve got a point. It sounds rather interesting but nonetheless you will need a reason for separation. And somepony who is willing to bring them back together.... OOOOHHHH IDEA!!!! You can add forbidden romance in this!! Perhaps two different ponies from each group fall in love, and they are the ones that start to work to bring back the three species!!!

^ Youve got a point. It sounds rather interesting but nonetheless you will need a reason for separation. And somepony who is willing to bring them back together.... OOOOHHHH IDEA!!!! You can add forbidden romance in this!! Perhaps two different ponies from each group fall in love, and they are the ones that start to work to bring back the three species!!!

/me sees reference of StrongxSnow and RomeoxJuliet.

But going back on-topic, this doesn't seem like a bad idea. The concept of war is similar to the Equestrian Civil War, but has more separation and discrimination. By all means, go for this idea!

Also, what would happen for the species in-between? For example, what would happen to the dogs and griffins, and don't forget to mention the dragons! Would they break off and join other factions, or would they all start an entirely new one?

Edited by Toothless the Night Fury

Sounds good but this used to be an RP, it just died off xD, I made it and it wasn't very active, but this RP sounds more planned out and I'd love to RP in the Pegasus side!

Thank you guys for all of these ideas! If I can get some more ideas and some time to think of a good plot and storyline, we could actually do this!

Oh, and Pinkazoid, I felt like somepony else must've thought of this. I guess I was right!

I'm sorry if it's off-topic or whatnot, but when you mentioned the authoritarian, oppressive, 1984-type Canterlot, I couldn't help but think of this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvo47uAtOU

How do we bring back the old world of harmony, you ask?

We must create a new.

For there to be a new, we must get rid of the old.

Burn this world, reduce it to ashes, then out of the ashes, comes the rebirth of harmony... XD

/me sees reference of StrongxSnow and RomeoxJuliet.

But going back on-topic, this doesn't seem like a bad idea. The concept of war is similar to the Equestrian Civil War, but has more separation and discrimination. By all means, go for this idea!

Also, what would happen for the species in-between? For example, what would happen to the dogs and griffins, and don't forget to mention the dragons! Would they break off and join other factions, or would they all start an entirely new one?

Dragons? They'd be the same. They're pretty much aloof to pony society it seems, they live their own lives off away from population centers; they're pretty much impossible to defeat, they're tougher than the dragons on Skyrim, it seems (though I haven't actually played Skyrim...), so they're almost unkillable. I mean, remember spike had the Wonderbolts under wraps without breaking a sweat.

Makes me wonder, though, not all of them should have to be so selfish. What if there was a good, wise dragon, as old as Celestia? Epic character, IMO, not RPable and maybe some Gary Stu aspect, but I think it would be epic in a Gandolf sorta way.

Thank you guys for all of these ideas! If I can get some more ideas and some time to think of a good plot and storyline, we could actually do this!

Oh, and Pinkazoid, I felt like somepony else must've thought of this. I guess I was right!

I love coming up with storylines :D But I guess I'm not coming up with it, you are :P

But there's some good ideas. How do we go about bringing harmony back? What if there's more than one "hero" trying to do so, but going about it in different ways? What if there's somebody who wants to protect the current system, believing it's not so bad that it needs to change? That's kinda batman, except where the joker isn't evil....

Oh- and the "heroes" trying to bring it back don't know anything about the elements of harmony, but they are the bearers of the elements of harmony (like, great grandchildren of the mane 6), and each element leads them to take a different path, but they can only be successful in bringing harmony if they're united, but they don't know that!

Like, Loyalty would want to keep the current system, being loyal to it. Honesty would want people to be free. Generosity doesn't believe people should be able to own property, but should share, which leads him/her to be part of the authoritarian regime that's so evil, laughter, really means they want to make others happy - so they give up their entire life to serve otherponies (doing what? Pegasi military?), kindness ends up at the bottom dredges of society but somehow gets involved in events, magic/love is willing to sacrifice everything to make society better, leading him/her to become a V-type hero.

-

Though I feel like if I get involved here I'll just mess everything up. I think I'll just observe RP's for awhile longer before I get involved... Just wanted to share some thoughts, though.

EDIT:

Back to actual comments, there's no way Celestia or even Luna would allow such a thing to happen to Equestria, so how did it happen?...

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

-snip-

Woah, dude. Those are some awesome questions and ideas you show me.

IDEA!

You know that Dragon you talked about, that's as old as Celestia herself? Maybe the princesses have MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared, and the Dragon took over? But the dragon is not a very good ruler, rather an awful one, so Equestria turns to chaos. War breaks out, causing the species of ponies to divide themselves. The dragon's a good guy, so he sends letters to ponies all over Equestria, wanting to bring peace back to the world. But, of course, some ponies do not want Equestria to be united. So they go to his palace and a fight happens. Now the good ponies are on a quest to fight the evil space cats of spacey mountain find the Elements of Harmony to restore peace to Equestria.

I know, it's cheesy.

Woah, dude. Those are some awesome questions and ideas you show me.

IDEA!

You know that Dragon you talked about, that's as old as Celestia herself? Maybe the princesses have MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared, and the Dragon took over? But the dragon is not a very good ruler, rather an awful one, so Equestria turns to chaos. War breaks out, causing the species of ponies to divide themselves. The dragon's a good guy, so he sends letters to ponies all over Equestria, wanting to bring peace back to the world. But, of course, some ponies do not want Equestria to be united. So they go to his palace and a fight happens. Now the good ponies are on a quest to fight the evil space cats of spacey mountain find the Elements of Harmony to restore peace to Equestria.

I know, it's cheesy.

Thanks! :D

Yeah, as a writer, I'm great at coming up with ideas, but something usually goes terribly wrong when it comes to carrying out the ideas...

Cheesy? How in the world is that more cheesy than MLP? XD

I think conflict in-between the spirits of the elements would make it more interesting :P Or maybe most of them are united, except one or two (like loyalty being loyal to the current regime).

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun