Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were the mane 6 the original element weilders?

BrilliantVenture

I was thinking about this recently...

The elements of harmony seem to have been around for a very long time...what if it was never any of the ponies destines that allowed the elements to work...but just their characteristics...I mean...they can't be the only ponies that posses those character traits...could other ponies that have those traits use them?

Plus since they've been around so long...that means that the elements were useless through every single big issue in ponyville, because there was no one to power them up to their true potential...

And on a sadder note...if the ponies aren't immortal...that'd mean that when they pass, the elements would have lost their owners and become powerless again...what then?

I dunno if this is accurate or whatever...but I figured it'd be open to interpretation..maybe I missed a detail or something I dunno...but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

When you said sadder note i was picturing the past 6 being met with the one unforgivable crime.
Failure ^^.

Oh it makes my black heart dance picturing 6 bright eyes plucky protagonists being crushed before the forces of evil.

It did say that the Elements of Harmony were used against Discord, and Celestia did wield them against her sister. I like to think that they got depowered because Celestia was forced to use them against her best friend, which pretty much goes against the spirit of Harmony outright.

I think that when the Mane Six pass on, they will probably fall onto another group of friends (the the Elements will change shape to match their new embodiments' cutie marks.

It did say that the Elements of Harmony were used against Discord, and Celestia did wield them against her sister. I like to think that they got depowered because Celestia was forced to use them against her best friend, which pretty much goes against the spirit of Harmony outright.

I think that when the Mane Six pass on, they will probably fall onto another group of friends (the the Elements will change shape to match their new embodiments' cutie marks.

when you say passed on im picturing a green lantern scenario in my head lol.  with the  magical mcguffuns seek out new vessels to infec, erm empower.

when you say passed on im picturing a green lantern scenario in my head lol.  with the  magical mcguffuns seek out new vessels to infec, erm empower.

Probably more like Celestia will engineer another scenario to bring a bunch of friends together to reempower the Elements.

She seems manipulative like that.

Probably more like Celestia will engineer another scenario to bring a bunch of friends together to reempower the Elements.

She seems manipulative like that.

I know, i said green lantern like those withered manipulative space gnomes LOL.

Oh no i totally pictured celestial in mind when i said that.

Most likely as of right now, only the mane 6 can use the elements of harmony, because the element have their cutie marks. That would be the sign that show's only they can use them. So another group could use them, but the others might have to be gone, in order for it to work.

Well Celestia and Luna had the elements at first and than they got sealed away. So yep, no one was able to use the elements.

Most likely if one dies, the elements become completely powerless and most fine new owners.

I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna were the original element wielders... I dunno if there were 6 ponies who represented the elements before them though, could have been I guess. huh.png

here's an interesting question.

They had all six elements?

who had what? 

Lets assume they were 3 and 3.

Who was

magic,

kindness,

generosity,

apples (Kidding) honesty,

loyalty,

happiness (pinkies?).

If i had to guess

I would assume Magic would be

lunas only cause putting her with the others would be kinda hard.

Celestia and Luna were the original Element wielders when they used the elements against Discord. The Mane 6 used the six elements after Celestia and Luna no longer wielded the elements.

Well, Celestia and Luna banished Discord to his state the first time when he had reign over Equestria.

So just by that, no the elements have been wielded before and thus the mane 6 aren't the original bearers.

Even disregarding that, i can assume the elements have been around for quite a while. So i'd be surprised if there wasn't another set of bearers before hand.

Is there any actual evidence solid enough to say that its true that any groups of bearers besides the mane 6 and Celestia and Luna existed?

No, but i just find that if the elements have existed for what we can assume a long time, and are more or less indestructible then we can only assume they've been used before.

I also have to take a guess with how they say that the elements are "the most powerful magic known to ponykind" implying that they have had their power utilized before.

But really its all speculation, no evidence truly says either way.