Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Lightning Bolt

Dark Moon

So I'm sure that you all know(you better know wink.png ) that Pearl Jam is about to release their newest album, Lightning Bolt, on October 15. I'm so excited, one of my favorite bands is about to release new material. Anyways they've released two singles off the album already.

Mind Your Manners, I'm kind of indifferent on this song, dunno

Sirens, this is what I've been waiting for tongue.png

So, anyone else excited about the new Pearl Jam album

• Brohoof 2

I have.... mixed feelings to say the least. One part of me is super excited to see their new album, hoping it will be anything like their debut. The other part of me however, dreads that this will be another PJ album that kind of leaves me disappointed

Ever since they kind of tried to leave their "sell-out" image after their debut, they've gradually become less and less interesting. Not to say that they've completely lost their glare, but I don't think Lightning Bolt will have that same amazing production, lyrics and vocal delivery from Vedder that Ten had...... god, the vocals.....

Don't get me wrong though, Pearl Jam has released good stuff since Ten, but they aren't a very consistent band. My expectations aren't sky high, so I'm not putting all my faith in Pearl Jam to save the music year of 2013. The two singles are good/okay, I like Mind Your Manners

Bottom line: I'm definitely listening to this as soon after the release I can. But I'm not expecting this to be their best effort or anything like that

Note that this is just my opinion, don't take it to heart