Suri Or Lightning Dust?

Mywas

Which one do you prefer?  

39 users have voted

1. 1. Suri or Dusty?

• Suri Polomare
    • Lightning Dust

• 1 month later...

That's a tough call, because I enjoyed both of them as antagonists as they both seemed to perfectly personify the dark side of Rarity and Rainbow Dash's coins in terms of character.

In terms of redeem-ability I would have to say Lightning Dust, because she's more than likely what Dash would have become if she were a complete loner. 

Lightning Dust was a great contrast to Dash, of how Dash could be if she was just a bit brasher and had less morals, and even, some may say, to how she was at the start of the series, a little bit, minus the loyalty thing.

I didn't like Suri. Sure, you're supposed to 'not like' antagonists for the most part, especially when they're sneaky, obnoxiously-voiced bitches, but there's 'Loving to Hate' a bad guy, and just not liking them in general.

Despite really doing the worse thing ("Eh, I almost killed all those ponies but it's okay because they didn't die, right?") than Suri, Lightning Dust has been mentioned many times in this thread as the more sympathetic of the two.

It's been a long time since you posted this, but I'd like to point out, that Lightning Dust DIDN'T do the worse thing.

Not in the way you're suggesting. If that was the case, then Rainbow Dash was just as responsible for "almost killing all those ponies". She get absolved though because she saves them from the same accident she helped cause.

1) Lightning Dust suggested they do something reckless

2) Rainbow Dash agreed to help her

3) Lightning Dust did not anticipate to lose control of the tornado

4) Neither LD or RD knew that the rest of the Mane Six were coming to visit

Lightning Dust IS dangerous and self absorbed. She should have been more concerned about the lost of life her dangerous idea could have caused, but she's not because it didn't happen. Lightning Dust is that kind of person that likes to push the barriers and toe the line SO much, that only real, final, lasting consequences would make her regret what she does (like getting kicked out of the Academy). As far as she concerned, she didn't MEAN to put people in danger (not expecting to lose control and having no idea that non-flying ponies were anywhere near the area), they were safe in the end, and she got the sky clear. No harm no foul in her eyes.

Had anyone actually gotten hurt, I think she would have felt really horrible. She might have tried to toss the blame elsewhere, tried to desperately hide from the accountability, but inside she'd be very upset. She's not evil, she's stupid and immature.

Suri on the other hand is evil, and in a very real, mundane kind of way.

She lies to and uses others to get ahead and she knows that she hurts people. And she's totally cool with it. She not only thinks is okay, she proud of herself for it and tries to get others to do the same thing. She has knowingly chosen a life style in which she uses and abuses others for their talents and assets, benefits from it, and goes to sleep content in her knowledge that she's broken and manipulated these ponies, thinking that she's teaching them a life lesson.

She's bad.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

We've also got Sunset Shimmer, Flim, and Flam.  Why not set up anti-mane six?

That'd be cool. No anti Pinkie or Fluttershy yet though (I count the brothers as one entity).

• 9 years later...

I think Lightning Dust is excessive enough to be fun. Suri has a funny way of talking but the more realistic approach to her actions makes her hit a bit too close to home to be entertaining