Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Doc Stitchwell final design

Chann3l Chas3r

tumblr_mu6818b6uw1sssmzxo1_500.jpg

Took me about two hours total, but here he his.  I have the others on the way, but school 'n stuff's been keepin' me busy for the last while.

I went ahead and posted Doc here first to compare and contrast to my first attempt:

img-1853695-1-tumblr_mtawhyJHOM1sssmzxo1

It's also worth noting that the older one was done in colored pencil and the other one colored digitally.  both were hand-inked, though; I just use the 'contrast' tool in GIMP to make the lines solid black and thicker.

Also, if you ever have trouble coming up with a color scheme that compliments itself well, use this useful doohickey.  You enter the main colour and it comes up with different types of complimentary sets; I usually opt for the mane or coat as the coulours to compliment.

I also had a little fun with layers and lines; I tried some minimalist colour stuff:

tumblr_mu68rvCwdV1sssmzxo1_1280.jpg

~Constructive criticism always welcome!~

EDIT:  Hee hee... i just noticed in the shaded one above, the silhouette looks like it could be some sort of frou-frou model or something.

Edited by Lagtim3
  • Brohoof 5

He looks... unpleasant to me.

Not the pic or the execution, just something about the design rubs me the wring way.

Anyway, hope we soon get to met the rest of the troupe.

I guess that's not entirely a bad thing, seeing as that he's:

Grumpy

Easily annoyed

Has a horrible bedside manner

Not overly fond of other people

Generally kind of a jerk

So if people like that rub you the wrong way in the same way this does, I'm 82% percent sure that I've managed to accurately sum up a character's personality in their design, in which case, schweet.

It is that he looks like an unpleasant person in general, right?  I'm not understanding that wrong?

• Brohoof 1

It is that he looks like an unpleasant person in general, right? I'm not understanding that wrong?

Exactly that: he doesn't seem like someone I#d trust with my health (or turn my back on if it can be helped).

Also, since I forgot about it earlier, are you planning on drawing all of Barnabas' phoenixes?

Exactly that: he doesn't seem like someone I#d trust with my health (or turn my back on if it can be helped).

Also, since I forgot about it earlier, are you planning on drawing all of Barnabas' phoenixes?

Yep; I've designed four of 'em already.  Still, this may continue to be held up due to school and work stuff; I'm finding myself with not enough time these days.  Things should be winding down soon...

• Brohoof 1