Hope - Chaotic Spark (aka, me)

SparkBrony

Hey guys!

So, pretty much the only main thing I haven't tried my hand at in the brony fandom is music. So, I said to myself, why not? Here's what resulted:

I wish I could say it was made in some fancy $600 program, but it wasn't :P I made it on a website called www.musicshake.com. Although very limiting, it's actually a pretty cool website if you're just stepping into the music-making world. Like me.

Anywayyyyy, hope (Ha! HOPE, get it? Cause, the song... oh nevermind.) you enjoy and feel free to like & subscribe. You know, if you want to.

~SparkBrony

• Brohoof 2

It's a good listen, but the one gripe I have is the feel of the song doesn't match the title of the song. It honestly feels like going into darkness or something a little sinister. Watch how you compose your music. Think about what you will name your songs before you actaully name them. 

Also, your transitions need to be smoother and some of those sfx (like the disc scratching sound at 2:31 take away from the piece. 

I highly suggest you go back and rework this piece, not to sound harsh, but I feel that this piece does not reflect the title. 

This is all from a 14 year musician (not to brag)

• Brohoof 1

It's a good listen, but the one gripe I have is the feel of the song doesn't match the title of the song. It honestly feels like going into darkness or something a little sinister. Watch how you compose your music. Think about what you will name your songs before you actaully name them. 

Also, your transitions need to be smoother and some of those sfx (like the disc scratching sound at 2:31 take away from the piece. 

I highly suggest you go back and rework this piece, not to sound harsh, but I feel that this piece does not reflect the title. 

This is all from a 14 year musician (not to brag)

Thanks for the feedback. Hmm, I may do a VIP mix or something in a REAL music program and make this song a little better. Btw, this is all from a 15-year-old "musician" :P

• Brohoof 1

@@SparkBrony,

Well, first off, I suggest that if you're gonna name this song "Hope", it should be the lightest electronic you can do, meaning only synth pads, high quality synth strings. Give it that celestial feel that hope is supposed to feel like. Also, you might wanna change keys. A minor is NOT a good key for this song. Try something like F# Major or B Major and maybe put in an easter egg or two. I could help you a little if you like, maybe a small collab perhaps?

Listen, dude. I know you're trying to get into music production, but you shouldn't really be using sites like Musicshake. I'm saying this because I come from a long line of family members who are invested in music, one being a music teacher and another is a piano / guitar teacher. I myself have been taught by my parents since I was young, and have learned to use something called DAWs - Digital Audio Workstations. THESE are what you should use, as Musicshake limits you with only two tempos! FL Studio, Reason, etc. can include from about 10 BPM to above 400! Plus, Musicshake doesn't allow synths to be in key and stuff - it's just loops. That's not showing true musicianship at all, just dragging and dropping. 

So please, just go out and download the trial for FL Studio. It's a great and easy DAW to learn, and comes with already good drum packs and synths for you to make whatever kinds of music you want to do. 

As for the song itself, it's a nice listen. That's all it is, a nice listen. I would still suggest you stop doing the drag and drop websites for music and start using DAWs and stuff like music theory. 

This is all coming from an 18 year old musician. I'm 22. 

You don't have to rework a whole entire song to reflect the title. The artist can easily just re title, or just if he/she really likes the title so much, just make a new piece with the title instead.

• Brohoof 1

Listen, dude. I know you're trying to get into music production, but you shouldn't really be using sites like Musicshake. I'm saying this because I come from a long line of family members who are invested in music, one being a music teacher and another is a piano / guitar teacher. I myself have been taught by my parents since I was young, and have learned to use something called DAWs - Digital Audio Workstations. THESE are what you should use, as Musicshake limits you with only two tempos! FL Studio, Reason, etc. can include from about 10 BPM to above 400! Plus, Musicshake doesn't allow synths to be in key and stuff - it's just loops. That's not showing true musicianship at all, just dragging and dropping. 

So please, just go out and download the trial for FL Studio. It's a great and easy DAW to learn, and comes with already good drum packs and synths for you to make whatever kinds of music you want to do. 

As for the song itself, it's a nice listen. That's all it is, a nice listen. I would still suggest you stop doing the drag and drop websites for music and start using DAWs and stuff like music theory. 

This is all coming from an 18 year old musician. I'm 22. 

You don't have to rework a whole entire song to reflect the title. The artist can easily just re title, or just if he/she really likes the title so much, just make a new piece with the title instead.

Yeah, I know. That's what I'm gonna try and go out for next; this song was really just a trial to see if people would like what I could make on a crappy site like musicshake :P May I ask what DAW you would recommend most?

• Brohoof 1

May I ask what DAW you would recommend most?

FL Studio if you're really beginning and not knowing. You can easily learn music theory with the built in piano roll feature. Or, if you are feeling much more up to the challenge, use Reason. I use both, and it can come in handy if you get both and is more experienced with FL. Why? Well, FL has a feature called ReWire (which I'm not sure that Reason has) that can use OTHER DAWs into FL, including Reason. You can use synths and stuff from Reason, to FL. It's pretty cool. So whatever you choose, FL or Reason. Those two I have used the most and I can recommend.

@@SparkBrony,

First, what genre do you want to focus on the most? That will determine what DAW that you will need. If you wanna focus on electronic, then FL Studio is the way to go. For orchestrals and other genres, go with Reason or Logic Pro or even Finale 2012, as these DAWs give you superior realistic instrument sounds.  

For orchestrals and other genres, go with Reason or Logic Pro or even Finale 2012, as these DAWs give you superior realistic instrument sounds.  

Uh... Nexus for FL is pretty good at orchestrals. I don't see why he would want to compose that kind of music, but alright...

FL is good for electronica, but good for other genres. I use it to make Hip Hop beats and other genres, it's very based. Reason I can agree with on realistic sounds, although you can easily find some sample packs out there to get them for FL. 

Uh... Nexus for FL is pretty good at orchestrals. I don't see why he would want to compose that kind of music, but alright...

FL is good for electronica, but good for other genres. I use it to make Hip Hop beats and other genres, it's very based. Reason I can agree with on realistic sounds, although you can easily find some sample packs out there to get them for FL. 

Well, the thing I heard from many people is that FL Studio is one of the most difficult DAWs to use. My friend has stated that Reason is better than FL, but one of these days I'll try FL. 

FL Studio is one of the most difficult DAWs to use. My friend has stated that Reason is better than FL

Why would you think it's difficult? FL is probably one of the easiest DAWS you can use, assuming you actually have musical experience and don't just fiddle around with the keyboard piano. As for Reason being better than FL, both are DAWS. Both are equal and have their strengths and weaknesses.

When I first started out producing 3 years ago, my main DAW was Reason. I've moved onto FL after that and in my opinion, is much more fun to work with.

Why would you think it's difficult? FL is probably one of the easiest DAWS you can use, assuming you actually have musical experience and don't just fiddle around with the keyboard piano

Whoa! Jerry! That was some stuff, bruh. I think that was a little too hardcore, as for Thunder Dash, I'm sorry but 

you just got 

#REKT

1362919482410.gif

Like all the others, I recommend getting a DAW. (If you can't afford that, you can also get it via "Yar Har Service") I personally chose Logic simply because I find its UI far better than all the others. Live I could barely understand, FL Studio was incomprehensible for me and Reason I couldn't start to try to comprehend. I also got Native Instruments MASSIVE, seeing as I want to produce heavy EDM in the future. Anyways, get a DAW, learn some stuff, use the internet as your book and get going.

PS: Yar Har Service is not illegal. The domain is only a host, and hosts are never at fault. The uploaders are doing illegal stuff, but they are provided full anonymity and thus are protected by the host, which is also allowed. Downloaders are also never at fault, the uploaders are. LOOPHOLES!

PPS: Yar Har Service can be illegal, but that is only when you pay for it...

Edited by RubyVesper