Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Occult in the Swamps

Umbreon

@, @, @@SwigglySwiggly, @, @@SilverHeart, @

Golbez frowns as he listens to Sabels excuses, he was aware that being more "rustic" than him she liked to act the "tough girl" from time to time, if the situation wasn't so dire or serious the magician would more than likely let her antics slide with a mere smirk and a roll of his eyes, but it was serious...it wasn't even funny anymore.

The only thing that did prevent Golbez from insisting further into Sabel's injuries was, thanks to the unexpected "help" from Skuldaf, they were suddenly pressed for time until more of those...things showed up.

Golbez made a mental note to keep a very close eye on Sabel's condition, even an idiot would have known she wouldn't stand a chance if she faced up against one of those things again.

About to follow Sabel closely into the swamp via the gardens, Golbez abruptly stopped and hung his head in disappointment as he heard yet another argument behind him, "Oh not again..."

They really didn't have time for this, but there was one thing Golbez felt  he really needed to do before they pressed any further, he took a deep breath before turning to the group.

"ENOUGH!!...ALL of you!".

Raising a talon, Golbez points a talon directly at Skuldaf before gradually walking closer to him, "YOU!..I don't give a monkeys if you think killing those blasted walking fish-suppers is justifiable or not, quite frankly you can sue us in Canterlot for all I care, none of us want to kill, but the fact remains all of us are trying our hardest to survive this insane-asylum!!

Golbez moves his talon, slowly pointing to each pony and griffon in turn, "Every single one of us here has, in one way or another, contributed to each other's survival, all...except ...you- ", Golbez leans his head close to Skuldaf's , literally getting in his face, "-In fact if anything you've been doing nothing but the exact opposite by putting them in direct danger, damaging their moral and become nothing more than a pure liability!"

Leaning back on his haunches, Golbez folds his forearms together as he continues, "So, unless you really do want to get left behind, I only want three...no four things from you here on out." the angry griffon holds up a closed talon, lifting each claw in turn as he address each of his demands, "Buck up, Grow a pair, Pitch in, and kindly keep your opinion to yourself!"

Golbez doesn't even bother to wait for Skuldaf's response as he turns to the rest of the group, making his way towards Sabel as he does so, "Right, the rest of you, shift your flank and follow Sabel outside, before I REALLY lose my temper."

• Brohoof 1

@,

Skulodaf snorted.

"Filthy chicken" he slurred under his breath. With gryphons, male ones, civility was thrown out the window. He had been taught forever that all gryphon males were monsters that could do nothing but breed and kill things, probably while smiling 

@,

Storm stopped the argument he was in at that moment. He silenced himself and then nodded to Golbez. He still said nothing, embarrassed by his sudden outbreak of anger. He followed Sabel outside, sticking sorta close in case another one of those fish-monsters came out of no where and attempted to attack them. He really wasn't interested in that.  

Sabellah

@,

@,

@,

@@SwigglySwiggly,

@

@@SilverHeart,  

Sabel did her best to lead the way back to the gates that led to the swamps, where all of the warning signs were set up.  She scowled at the signs for a moment - not one of them mentioned giant fish monsters.  "Okay, umm...  The lake with the predatory fish was this way, I think...  The actual fish, I mean..."  She points with one of her talons, hoping that the others could see well enough.  It was dark out - she hadn't realized how quickly time had been passing while they were trying not to get killed in the hotel.

"So, umm...  If the river runs that way...  We need to go...  This direction."  She turns towards what she thinks is the direction they need to go.  She was fairly confident in her choice, but the fact that if she picked wrong it could be trouble for their group made her a little less sure about the decision.  "Stay close to each other...  And be ready to run if we have to."  

Murlocs

They had the scent now.  One of their prey was bleeding - the smell of blood was easier to follow than the smell of fear.  The lead creature stepped out of the door of the lobby into the hotel gardens.  They weren't far behind...  The hunt would be over soon, one way or the other.  Brandishing his improvised spear, the creature lets out a loud croak.  The rest of the pack surges around their leader, trampling the exotic plants that had been so painstakingly raised in the gardens, surging towards the swamps.

The swamps were full of water.  They would be within their element soon...  

• Brohoof 1

@,

// WEWT. FIRST MENTION. I FEEL IMPORTANT! //

Storm perks his ears as he realizes that they're going to have to go through the swamps. "Um, miss Sabellah?" he asked politely. "What are we going to do about the, ah, fishy monsters?" He looked around. "If we go through the swamps, they'll easily be able to catch u-" he was cut off by the guttural croak of the Murloc. He stopped in his tracks. "They... They know what we're doing..." He looked around. "The smart sons-a-bi-..." He stopped at the sound of swamp water being slurshed nearby.

• Brohoof 2

@

Swiggly trotted ahead of the group, he was unaware that his pace was picking up but slowed down and took another bar of chocolate out of his bag. "Sabel, I hope you know where we're going... I don't want us to get lost and end up as fish food" 

@

Swiggly noticed Storm looking at the water. "don't worry, its just one of those fish monster things... no biggie"

"No biggie he says, Oy vey..."

Golbez stayed in the center of the group as they quickly made their way through the swamps, he trusted Sabel in her decision of wherever it it was they were heading too, but regardless Golbez did intend to at least where it was she was intending to go, surely she must have some form of plan...right? 

The magician took a moment to observe the two ponies, Wish Scribe and Mirror Image from a distance, it had only occurred to the griffon that these two very likely saved Sabel from a fatal fate.

Admittedly he didn't have a  clue what may have transpired, but seeing that Sabel did praise Wish earlier the only thing he was sure was that it involved another one of those fish monsters...and Skulodaf most likely did sod all.

Seeing the two walk together a little behind Sabel, Golbez approached them both from behind, lowering his head between the two as he spoke to both of them in a hushed tone, "Ladies, you have my thanks for looking out for Sabel, but I fear I must ask favor of you."

Golbez lifts abruptly lifts his head up and looks around, eventually he lowers it again and continues, "I am very concerned about Sabel's...condition, we know she is in a bad way right now and she'll be easy prey for those things if we don't have her back. right?"

"I honestly don't know what happened or what you did to save Sabel, and I'm not at liberty to discuss it as of this moment, and neither do I doubt your abilities to do so again if the need should arise...but...if either they catch up or we run into them again, I'll likely have to be the one to confront them."

Golbez takes a moment to clear his throat, "For that reason, you would be doing me great a help if you two can promise me that at least one of you stays with Sabel at all times from here on, it would be a great load off my mind if something should happen to me...so, what say you?"

• Brohoof 1

(Sorry for my absence - was busy then I got sick and... well, here I am now!)

@,

Wish snapped out of her miserable sulk as she looked up towards the griffon: Gobbles or... whatever he was called - the one that hadn't thought that she could look after herself... maybe he was right, but she wasn't going to just roll over and accept that!

"I'll keep an eye on her!" She said proudly, looking around at Sabel...

She didn't look so great.

Wish blinked - emotions still in a state of shock. Her whole mind was beginning to censor out the horror of the situation and just accept it as normal.

"I can... we'll be fine, don't worry." Not the most inspiring of reassurances - but what was she supposed to say? She had her things - her keepsakes and the like - and with those, she'd do the best she could.

@,

@,

@@SwigglySwiggly,

@,

@

@@SilverHeart

Murlocs

The swamp was a much better hunting ground than the building.  It was wet here - even the solid ground squished when enough weight was placed upon it.  They were much faster here.  They'd be able to end the hunt soon...  Even now, the pack was arching out to enclose around their prey.  They didn't know why, but they knew they had to hurry.  If they didn't succeed quickly, they would run out of time...  The masked one had promised to call off the hunt at a certain time.  One of the creatures vaguely knew that the time was approaching quickly.

Sabellah

Sabel skids to a stop as the ground suddenly gives way to a wide stretch of water, glancing around quickly.  It was too large to leap over...  She hesitantly reaches a talon to disturb the water and quickly pulls it back, a large flash of scales snapping towards the surface where her talon had broken the surface.  Not one of the monsters chasing them, thankfully, but still deadly if they were to get in the water with it...

"Damn it!  It's more of those damn fish from earlier!"  The cursing wasn't normal for her, but the griffoness was starting to run out of ideas.  They couldn't jump or swim the water, so that left going around...  But there was no way to tell if there was a way around the small tributary to the larger river, or how close the things pursuing them had gotten.  Growling desperately, she picks a direction to start leading the others, hopefully to a way across the water.

She is once more stopped in her tracks as one of the large fish creatures steps out into the fading moonlight, croaking out a challenge and brandishing some kind of crude wooden weapon.  "...Crap."

@,

Swiggly followed right behind Sabel until the fish creature appeared... Swiggly was nowhere to be seen. Behind the group the leaves in the trees rustled, "I'll come back down if you guys need me, or when this ones taken care of" Swiggly sat in the tree avoiding the possible danger and ate more chocolate.

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: So sorry that I haven't posted for awhile. Life and School have gotten in the way again.)

@@,

The moment that the griffon's head came into view, Mirror turned her head in the opposite direction. Keeping pace with the others was harder when looking the other way. Mirror just nodded in response to Golbez's request. It would probably be up to Wish to help protect the others. Mirror skidded to a stop with the others. She looked at Wish, she'd know what to do.

@@SilverHeart@@SwigglySwiggly,@,@,@,@,

((Sorry for this RP dying out slightly - please see OOC page for my excuses xD))

Sabel spread her wings slightly, staring at the fish creature before them.  "Alright, here's the plan...  I'll try and distract it, you guys make a run for it once I've got its-"

The monster wasn't going to wait around while they came up with a plan - with a loud croak it started to charge, hefting its makeshift spear as it did so.  Sabel braces herself and gets ready to go up on her hind legs to try and hold it back.  "Get ready to-"

Before she finishes her sentence, the first rays of the dawn sun start to glow over the trees in the horizon.  Almost as though on cue, the monster charging them practically explodes into water, the way the others had changed when they were killed back at the hotel.  " -run?  What the?"

"Hehehe, good job...  Chu survived until mornin'..."  Savoba stepped into view from behind where the monster had been, his horn still smoking from the blast he had shot at the fish creature.  The masked unicorn steps closer, seemingly completely at ease despite being in the swamp surrounded by a group he had just condemned the night before.  

"So, Savoba be a pony o' his word.  Chu come wit' Savoba now, chu get your enlightenment..."  His horn begins to glow with a sickly green light before a portal opens up in the air next to him.  He stares expectantly at the group, waiting for them to step through.  A gurgle can be heard from nearby - more of the fish creatures.  It would seem Savoba wasn't planning on leaving them much of a choice...

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Or..." Wish answered with a stubborn frown. "... we could not do that. Lets get out of here while we can!"

She had no plans to stick around here: it was obvious that her brother wasn't anywhere nearby and she didn't want to put herself and her new friends in any more danger. She heard something in the water nearby and almost bolted in the opposite direction, but didn't. Left with nowhere to run, she started to try and edge away from the creepy mask - pony.

"Let us go! When my brother hears about this..." She snarled uselessly.

@,

Skuldaf blinked but shrugged, walking into the portal. He didn't want to fight any more innocent animals and see them get killed off by blood thirsty psychos.

@,  

"That is a terrible idea" Skuldaf said bluntly, rolling his eyes at the pony. Skuldaf didn't get the insanity of these ponies, not at all

@,

"You're a terrible idea!" Wish snapped back at the thug - stopping her extremly slow attempt at escape in order to glare pointedly at him. "Can't you just... go jump in a hole somewhere, and let us get on with staying alive? Stop following us!"

Even now he persisted in being nothing but obstructive! Out of all the ponies in Equestria, why did they have to get stuck with him?

@,

"Take him, he wants to go!" She grumbled half-sarcastically towards the weird pony in the stupid mask.

@,

Storm flattened his ears and made a whining noise. He looked at Sabova. He sure was a freaky character. He didn't know if he should go through the portal or try to run. If he tried to run, he'd most likely get mauled by fish creatures. If he went through the portal, he'd be mauled by fishies. Either way, he was probably gonna get killed by either Sabova or fish.

Swiggly made his way down the tree "well that was unexpected.... I expected you get get mauled by that thing" Swiggly planted his hooves firmly on the ground and brushed the twigs and leaves off his mane. Swiggly leaped into the portal and back out then back in then back out then back in.

Mirror stood quietly, watching the others. Every now and then she'd sneak a peak at the masked pony and his portal. Where did it lead? Should she go into the portal or try to leave like Wish wanted. Chances were she'd follow Wish, whatever she chose to do. For now she would just keep quiet.

@,@, @@SilverHeart, @@SwigglySwiggly, @, @,

Sabel frowns as she looks back to her friends, she didn't like the options any more than they did.  And by the splashing sounds around them, it sounded like the fish creatures were still surrounding them.  "Seriously, let us go you freak!  We don't care about your whatever you called it!"

The masked unicorn shakes his head, clicking his tongue as he does.  "Tsk tsk tsk, so ungrateful to Savoba!  Savoba be a pony of 'is word, he tell chu...  Tell chu...  Would chu stop dat!?"  The zebra glares at Swiggly jumping in and out of the portal, making the portal disappear momentarily before conjuring it again.

"...What Savoba be sayin'?  Oh yes, Savoba be a pony of 'is word!  Chu pass Savoba's test, and so Savoba offer chu a way out..."  The zebricorn cackles, tilting his head back before turning towards the portal.  "De way Savoba see it, chu don't 'ave much of a choice...  Dis portal will stay up fo' a few minutes, but once it collapse, den de croakah's will start ta hunt again...  If chu want ta get away, de portal be ya only chance."

Savoba stares at the group again before turning and stepping through the portal himself.  As he said, the portal stays open...  For now, at least.  Sabel looks back to her friends again, still frowning but taking a slow step towards the portal.  "This has bad idea written all over it...  He wasn't lying about those things surrounding us though...  We have to stick together whatever we do though, right?" 

@

@

@

@@SilverHeart

"I couldn't agree more.."

Having positioned himself just behind Sabel, Golbez took a moment to stretch his neck from side to side as Sabel talks to the rest of the group.

The magician could tell the situation could be become drastic about the fact no-pony or griffon here liked the idea of following the same Zebra that's been playing games with them all night, they might even argue to actually follow him or not, but really Golbez decided by himself to take matters into his own talons and deny the group the chance to argue against the situation.

Truthfully no he didn't have a clue what was waiting on the other end of the portal, it could have been another trap for all he knew, but the fact remains there were possibly countless fish hunters on their tails as of that moment and common sence and the sheer will to survive were all that wanted Golbez to drag his friends through the portal, even if through reckless abandon, for that precise moment, rational thought was thrown out the window.

Golbez lowers his head low to the ground as he approaches Sabel from the side, "...Alley Oop!"

Without another word Golbez abruptly maneuvers his head underneath Sabels left side and effectively scoops her up onto his back, using his neck and wings to manuver Sabel and prevent her from falling off, all while still continuously heading for the portal, "My apologies Sabel but I can't have us beating around the bush any longer."

He turns head back towards the others, "Mirror! Storm! Wish! Come on now and double time it, all of you!"

Edited by Sparx

@@

Storm takes a little sigh, then backs up a few paces. He waits for Golbez and Sabel to make it through, then ran at the portal. He jumped in, feeling a light, fuzzy feeling as he was transported. Things flashed all different colors. Time seemed to slow, then speed back up.

Edited by Stormwing

@@@SilverHeart,@@SwigglySwiggly,@,@,@,

"Hey, let me down!  I can walk, I don't need you carrying me!"  Sabel starts to struggle as Golbez picks her up, more out of pride than anything, though she seems to relax as they step through the portal.

On the other side, Savoba sits on a raised platform and staring down at them from the eye holes of his mask.  Underneath the masked unicorn a large cauldron bubbled, a column of smoke rising from it to envelop Savoba.  A series of torches hung along the walls begin to flicker to light, showing them in a large round chamber with multiple doorways heading outwards along the circle.

"Chu should all feel honored," Savoba begins as they start to show up in his lair.  "Savoba be gonna showin' chu t'ings no otha' pony seen before..."  His words are cut off by a piercing laugh, and the zebra stamps a hoof against the platform he was seated on.  He leans down over the edge of the small platform, staring at the group near the portal.  

"Savoba nevah decided ta share dis before.  Where ta begin...  Savoba guess chu wonder why, cha?  Or maybe chu prefer ta know how..."  Again his words are interrupted by a fit of mad laughter, a bright light starting to glow from his horn.  The smoke from the cauldron seems to combine with the light, as though starting to become something solid.  Suddenly Savoba steps off of the platform and into mid air - appearing to stand on the smoke as he walks down it towards the ground with the gathered group.

"Just spit it out so we can go home!"  Sabel snaps at the zebra, standing by herself again but leaning slightly against Golbez.  The griffoness' scratch was starting to feel worse, and the support was helping.  "We don't care about your games or your pets!"

Savoba ignores her.  The smoke from the cauldron swirling behind him, Savoba stares straight at the group before nodding towards the doorways around the room.  "Dere be nowhere fo' chu to go...  Not without a guide.  Try ta leave, chu wander in here until chu starve ta death...  De only one who can save chu now be Savoba."  The masked zebra's eyes gleam with an inner, almost insane light.  "Hehehe, dis be de feeling Savoba been lookin' fo'...  Dis be how it feel ta be a god."

@,

Mirror looked around, the only other pony that remained was Wish. Everyone else had gone through the portal. Even with Wish's help, it seemed unlikely that they could get away from all of the fish-things. Mirror looked between the portal and her friend. She's probably not going to like this.... Mirror sighed before walking near Wish, she began to gently tug on her tail. Trying to lead her towards the portal. "Wish....I'm sorry....I don't think we can escape on our own....I think it would be better to go with them."

@@SilverHeart,

@,

This was it: the creepy mask guy was gone: the way out was clear and there was nopony about to stop them: her and Mirror could escape now - run and never look back. She could find her brother: they could come back together and find Sabel and... and...

"But... but I can..." Wish said imploringly as she stared towards the gateway that her friends had just passed through. She looked about: Mirror was right of course - what kind if ponies would they be if they left the others now, when they needed them the most? If they left now they would be killing them - they might as well hold the knife themselves! Thank Celestia that Mirror was here to remind her of that - the earth mare couldn't help but wish that she could be so brave - so unflinching!

"Yeah... yeah your right! Come on!"

Without waiting for a response, Wish seized her friend, grinned at her for a moment and lunged for the portal with the passion for adventure she had almost forgotten over the last few hours.

Reluctantly, Golbez allowed Sabel to slide off his back after reaching the other side of the portal, not wanting to resist her struggles in fear her injuries could get worse, as he notices her starting to lean on him Golbez raised a wing to 'Cushion' her.

The smoke billowing from the cauldron made the Magicians already laboured breathing rather difficult, raising a clenched talon to his beak to cough he instinctively clutched said talon to his broken ribs, wincing in agony before letting loose a few painful coughs, finally spitting some blood on the floor.

As the Zebra stands before the group Golbez took the opertunity to take a real good look at the one responsible for their predicament, needless to say he was livid but he wasn't without clear conscious.

They were out of the danger now, for now at least, and somehow Golbez felt the Zebra wouldn't strike them down where they stood right there and then, as if the Zebracorn really did have intentions for them, he HAD kept his word, even 'technically' saving them from the hunters when he could have easily left them for dead.

Concidering all this it made the magician think, was there method behind this madness?

"Alright Savoba," Golbez spoke to the Zebra in a calm, clear manner, not raising his voice as he had done so on numerous occasions thus far,"we have done as you insisted, and thus far you have kept your word, and for that reason I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt," the griffon pauses for a ment to get his breath back, even talking was beginning to become a mild struggle,"However, I insist you at least explain yourself before going any further, you owe us at least that much...why did you do thi-", Golbez again stops abruptly as he begins yet another coughing fit, spitting another small beak-full of blood on the floor.

Edited by Sparx