Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deception

EpicApplejack

David smiled. "Don't worry about it. We take care of our own right? I got your back." He turned again to watch Skuldaf's firework display. "Quite a show he's got going on huh? Hope he doesn't attract unwanted attention. Though I'd be surprised if they weren't already watching us."

David smiled. "Don't worry about it. We take care of our own right? I got your back." He turned again to watch Skuldaf's firework display. "Quite a show he's got going on huh? Hope he doesn't attract unwanted attention. Though I'd be surprised if they weren't already watching us."

Lewis nods and smiles in return. "Right" He turned his attention to the bolts illuminating the sky. "Yeah it is..." He takes a nervous glance around the perimeter of their little fort and gulps a little. "Y-yeah... m-me neither...." He looks over to David with a worried look. "Hey uh... Y-you don't think they'd be brave enough to attack us right?"

@@pr3datortac0

"Oh they'll most certainly attack us" Skuldaf said bluntly, tuning down his magic so that he stopped firing energy bolts. "Not only will they notice their missing hive members. my energy shots are hard to miss" the unicorn said flatly. It was regrettable but unless he wanted to overload and explode, releasing energy was needed

"Not for awhile." Said an equally sudden Cosmo, "Like Skuldaf said, they'll notice both their patrol and the squad they sent to investigate missing and if they're nearby, that Skuldaf gives off a fireworks show regularly. They'll want to attack but if they're smart, they wait until they have a shot against this incredibly dangerous group." Cosmo grinned as he spoke, but was only awake because he couldn't stop thinking about Tiamat, and that was keeping him up.

• Brohoof 1

@@pr3datortac0

"Oh they'll most certainly attack us" Skuldaf said bluntly, tuning down his magic so that he stopped firing energy bolts. "Not only will they notice their missing hive members. my energy shots are hard to miss" the unicorn said flatly. It was regrettable but unless he wanted to overload and explode, releasing energy was needed

"Not for awhile." Said an equally sudden Cosmo, "Like Skuldaf said, they'll notice both their patrol and the squad they sent to investigate missing and if they're nearby, that Skuldaf gives off a fireworks show regularly. They'll want to attack but if they're smart, they wait until they have a shot against this incredibly dangerous group." Cosmo grinned as he spoke, but was only awake because he couldn't stop thinking about Tiamat, and that was keeping him up.

Lewis' ears flattened and his head sunk as he scanned the perimeter once more taking in every detail he could make out. "I was hoping to hear just the opposite..." He said in a small voice. Now he was ready to get a move on and get away from the crumbling safe house.

(NO RP!!! LIVE DAMMIT LIVE!!!!!!! David, I'm sorry but I'll kinda steal control for a sec here...)

As Cosmo opened his mouth to reply, he noticed a group of changelings about 20 feet from them release an invisibility spell. In the middle of them was a taller changeling with no face, a kind Cosmo had never seen before. As Cosmo drew his sword the air around was filled with a voice Cosmo could only assume belonged to the faceless changeling, "Survivors, Queen Chrysalis wishes to extend congratulations to you all for your perseverance in this time of transition. With that congratulations however, she wishes to remind you of your standing; you are a small few struggling for supplies and shelter, we are an ever growing army with an entire nation supplying the love we require to survive. But there's still hope for you. My Queen is making you an offer, in exchange for your surrender, you will be granted the gift of becoming my kin, the Nameless. All fear, regret, grief, sadness, and any other burdens of emotion will removed, leaving free and at peace. My Queen's mercy is beyonAAAHHH!!!" His speech was cut short as Cosmo stabbed his chest under the cover of an illusion, "Tell your Queen we aren't interested now, because I won't let you live to do it later," Cosmo's voice changed as he entered his battle mode. The Nameless' wound sealed in a green flame as his voice spread, "Kill the others, this one is mine..." The swarm of changelings were eager to obey and immediately moved to attack David, Skuldaf, and Lewis.

(So there are... Let's say 50 of these guys, get creative people, this RP is too good to die!)

Edited by TheBreech

(NO RP!!! LIVE DAMMIT LIVE!!!!!!! David, I'm sorry but I'll kinda steal control for a sec here...)

As Cosmo opened his mouth to reply, he noticed a group of changelings about 20 feet from them release an invisibility spell. In the middle of them was a taller changeling with no face, a kind Cosmo had never seen before. As Cosmo drew his sword the air around was filled with a voice Cosmo could only assume belonged to the faceless changeling, "Survivors, Queen Chrysalis wishes to extend congratulations to you all for your perseverance in this time of transition. With that congratulations however, she wishes to remind you of your standing; you are a small few struggling for supplies and shelter, we are an ever growing army with an entire nation supplying the love we require to survive. But there's still hope for you. My Queen is making you an offer, in exchange for your surrender, you will be granted the gift of becoming my kin, the Nameless. All fear, regret, grief, sadness, and any other burdens of emotion will removed, leaving free and at peace. My Queen's mercy is beyonAAAHHH!!!" His speech was cut short as Cosmo stabbed his chest under the cover of an illusion, "Tell your Queen we aren't interested now, because I won't let you live to do it later," Cosmo's voice changed as he entered his battle mode. The Nameless' wound sealed in a green flame as his voice spread, "Kill the others, this one is mine..." The swarm of changelings were eager to obey and immediately moved to attack David, Skuldaf, and Lewis.

(So there are... Let's say 50 of these guys, get creative people, this RP is too good to die!)

Whiplash woke up startled as she heard the voices outside of the compound. Craning her neck out the opening, the Pegasus cursed under her breath at the sight of the changelings. The mare swiftly grabbed the magical dagger from her pillow before swooping out of the opening, wings beating quickly. Yawning, Whiplash sighed, "You guys just aren't gonna let me get any sleep tonight, are you?"

((Yes! Thank goodness! I thought this RP was dying.))

Skuldaf face-hoofed at the brutality before getting into a fighting stance. His horn sparked and created a gouge in the ground in front of him, stopping the changelings approaching him briefly. 

"Stay back, I don't want to hurt you" Skuldaf begged, firing off a few more warning shots

(Much better :) )

The changelings around Skuldaf hesitated as he fired off his warning shots, but they'd been preserved to attack and one of them snuck around him and tried to strike, causing the others to join in.

The Nameless had changed its arms into blades and buzzed around Cosmo. They parried each other's blows and it was as if the thing knew Cosmo's style. Cosmo had travelled with others before and they could've been brainwashed, but only three beings knew Cosmo's attacks this well: Fade, Princess Luna, and, "Tiamat..." The Nameless paused at the name, "That took you little time to figure out... But yes, we learned about you from your little hatchling. We know your combat style thoroughly Cosmo... There's only so much you can do." Cosmo paused, "Is that a joke? Or do you think I'd share each and every technique I know with Tiamat..? You've just narrowed done the spells I should use to my most effective and deadly... Congratulations, you're an idiot." A moment later Cosmo blitzed past the Nameless and left a slice that nearly cut it in half, before it healed in the green fire again. "Where is she?" Cosmo growled. The Nameless replied, "Defeat me, and you may find out." Cosmo blitzed again but was stopped by the Nameless' blades this time, both warriors engaged in a dance of death intense enough to distract the nearest changelings.

(I'll keep this filler going until David gets his flank online)

@@TheBreech,

Skuldaf roared, energy collecting in his horn and blasting out of him with his body as a nexus. The energy wave kept the changelings at bay, but Skuldaf wouldn't be able to keep the energy barrier up for long. It wasn't even a barrier, just raw energy surging from him

Whiplash growled as a changeling jumped at her from the air, and swiftly slashed her dagger through its chest. Using the wind magic from the dagger, the Pegasus managed to send gusts of wind at the creatures, injuring some and forcing them back. As the mare slashed yet another opponent, she felt immense pain in her right wing. Growling in frustration, she stabbed the changeling that had injured her, but grit her teeth from the wound it had inflicted.

(((Well well well. What do we have here? Alright. Let's party)))

David jumped in to the pandemonium, shifting in to a changeling to add to the confusion and started stabbing and blasting. He wound up next to Whiplash and thought it would be best to shift back to avoid being stabbed. He did. Noticing the wound in her wing he yelled "Back to back!" Blasting pure energy from his horn and using a dagger he'd found in the supply house a while back, he held the changelings back while trying to figure out what to do next. 

@@Moonlight Fire

As the others killed off the Changelings, Cosmo saw the Nameless' 'face' tremble, the more dead changelings the more it trembled. Finally Cosmo disengaged long enough to take out most of the changelings, who ignored his presence at the Nameless' command. The rest Cosmo let Whiplash and David finish, and he found the Nameless completely altered. He was now some twisted mix of Changling and Unicorn, the changelings green eye glaring him and the unicorn pleasing for help. His body parts changed as some clouds of changeling and unicorn moved across its body. When the mouth was the Unicorn's he said, "The Changeling Queen did this to me... I was an experimental soldier but you can see the cost of myyyYYYIIIISSSSSSS!!!" The changeling mouth returned for a moment before he said, "Just kill me! I was an expert of alteration magic and have examined this extensively! I know I'm stuck like this! Your hatchling iiiIIIISSSSS!!!" In series of coherent stamens between Changling hisses, the Unicorn told Cosmo where Tiamat was and begged for death. Cosmo nodded, "Thank you friend..." and killed him quickly, with a slash across the throat. With that and a basic ignition spell to cremate to body, Cosmo trotted off to David, "Sorry if I stole your thunder there. We ready to head out?"

(In the words of Bender, LETS GO ALL READAAAAY!)

Whiplash nodded, panting slightly. The Pegasus gazed at the wreckage in front of her before limping back to the bunker, grabbing her pouch. Walking back outside, she tried shifting her wing, making her grit her teeth in pain. "Well, that changeling sure did a number on me," she chuckled with a weak smile.

Whiplash nodded, panting slightly. The Pegasus gazed at the wreckage in front of her before limping back to the bunker, grabbing her pouch. Walking back outside, she tried shifting her wing, making her grit her teeth in pain. "Well, that changeling sure did a number on me," she chuckled with a weak smile.

(Sorry I didn't reply>~< I was on a cruise and had no internet)

Lewis trotted over to Whiplash looking scared as ever. "Whiplash y-your hurt... D-do you mind if I take a look at it?" He asked but didn't wait for a reply a he started to inspect her wounds. "They sure did do some damage... D-do you um... Mind if I heal it?... It might hurt but it's better than letting it heal naturally..."

Edited by pr3datortac0

As the others killed off the Changelings, Cosmo saw the Nameless' 'face' tremble, the more dead changelings the more it trembled. Finally Cosmo disengaged long enough to take out most of the changelings, who ignored his presence at the Nameless' command. The rest Cosmo let Whiplash and David finish, and he found the Nameless completely altered. He was now some twisted mix of Changling and Unicorn, the changelings green eye glaring him and the unicorn pleasing for help. His body parts changed as some clouds of changeling and unicorn moved across its body. When the mouth was the Unicorn's he said, "The Changeling Queen did this to me... I was an experimental soldier but you can see the cost of myyyYYYIIIISSSSSSS!!!" The changeling mouth returned for a moment before he said, "Just kill me! I was an expert of alteration magic and have examined this extensively! I know I'm stuck like this! Your hatchling iiiIIIISSSSS!!!" In series of coherent stamens between Changling hisses, the Unicorn told Cosmo where Tiamat was and begged for death. Cosmo nodded, "Thank you friend..." and killed him quickly, with a slash across the throat. With that and a basic ignition spell to cremate to body, Cosmo trotted off to David, "Sorry if I stole your thunder there. We ready to head out?"

(In the words of Bender, LETS GO ALL READAAAAY!)

David grinned slightly, turning to Cosmo. "Steal my thunder?" At that rhetorical question, he let out a guffaw. "Son, let me tell you something. I've only been in equestria for about 17 years of my life. The other 13 were spent abroad. During that time, I've face freak shows that would make the collective princesses want to hide in fear. That slender maned idiot? He would've been fun to play with. I could've taken him, but you seemed eager to get him first. Good job in taking care of him by the way. You show good aptitude for fighting, lots of skill. But there's one thing you lack. Experience. Good job, but please don't think this is a contest where one has to outshine the other ok?" His smirk had vanished as he was speaking to Cosmo, but he quickly regained his more cheerful demeanor and turned to the rest of the group. "Alright. As soon as you're ready Whiplash, we'll head out. Keep helping her Lewis. I'm going to take a look around. Be back soon." With that, he trotted off in to the night. (im just saying it's night so we have a sense of time ok?)

Edited by Toa Tahu

(Sorry I didn't reply>~< I was on a cruise and had no internet)

Lewis trotted over to Whiplash looking scared as ever. "Whiplash y-your hurt... D-do you mind if I take a look at it?" He asked but didn't wait for a reply a he started to inspect her wounds. "They sure did do some damage... D-do you um... Mind if I heal it?... It might hurt but it's better than letting it heal naturally..."

Whiplash blinked, weighing her options. She didn't want to hold the group back or waste Lewis's energy, but her wing was on fire and felt like it was getting worse. "Alright, but really, it's not too bad," the mare shrugged, gritting her teeth as pain stung her wing. Whiplash knelt down, letting Lewis get a better angle at her injury. As she watched Dave begin to trot away, "Hey! I'm fine, we can start leaving-" she cut her sentence short as the stallion disappeared, and sighed.

"Keep helping her Lewis. I'm going to take a look around. Be back soon." With that, he trotted off in to the night. (im just saying it's night so we have a sense of time ok?)

Lewis nodded to him and watched him trot off then returned his attention to Whiplash. He stood over her a moment then knelt down beside the mare. He looked over her wing more closely then took a breath. "Ok I know what I gotta do... Lucky for you it's mostly just a flesh wound... But he did get some of your muscle. Which is going to hurt more that the tissue.... It's gonna itch a bit so please don't bite or scratch at it while I'm doing this ok?.... I'm gonna start now..." With that his horn illuminated a pale white tinged by a little pink and Whiplashes muscle and tissue starts to come back together slowly.

Skuldaf sighed in relief. He hadn't had to hurt a single Changeling. Peace took greater priority than war. "What is our next move?" Skuldaf asked, sitting down and dusting off himself. He hadn't been wounded but there was quite a bit of dirt and grime covering him

Lewis nodded to him and watched him trot off then returned his attention to Whiplash. He stood over her a moment then knelt down beside the mare. He looked over her wing more closely then took a breath. "Ok I know what I gotta do... Lucky for you it's mostly just a flesh wound... But he did get some of your muscle. Which is going to hurt more that the tissue.... It's gonna itch a bit so please don't bite or scratch at it while I'm doing this ok?.... I'm gonna start now..." With that his horn illuminated a pale white tinged by a little pink and Whiplashes muscle and tissue starts to come back together slowly.

The Pegasus yelped as pain surged through her wing, much worse than the actual injury. Whiplash grit her teeth as she writhed in pain, struggling not to screech. She raised her hoof to scratch at the wound, but remembering Lewis's words, kept still. The mare closed her eyes, trying to shut out the pain.

David walked up out of the darkness behind Skuldaf "Well, after Whiplash's wing is better we're going to get out of this city. Then we-" He looked over his shoulder at Whiplash as he said this and his eyes widened at her expression. Seeing Whiplash gritting her teeth, he walked over and took a seat in front of her. "Hey, focus on me. I'm going to perform a short spell that will help with the pain if you like?" As he said this, he lit his horn up. "Look at the light on my horn, it'll make you a bit drowsy for a moment, then this will all be over ok?" 

@@Moonlight Fire

@

Edited by Toa Tahu

The Pegasus yelped as pain surged through her wing, much worse than the actual injury. Whiplash grit her teeth as she writhed in pain, struggling not to screech. She raised her hoof to scratch at the wound, but remembering Lewis's words, kept still. The mare closed her eyes, trying to shut out the pain.

David walked up out of the darkness behind Skuldaf "Well, after Whiplash's wing is better we're going to get out of this city. Then we-" He looked over his shoulder at Whiplash as he said this and his eyes widened at her expression. Seeing Whiplash gritting her teeth, he walked over and took a seat in front of her. "Hey, focus on me. I'm going to perform a short spell that will help with the pain if you like?" As he said this, he lit his horn up. "Look at the light on my horn, it'll make you a bit drowsy for a moment, then this will all be over ok?" 

@@Moonlight Fire

@

Lewis winced as Whiplash yelped and repeatedly whispered "I'm sorry!" under his breath. He glanced over at David quickly as he was talking to Whiplash but brought his attention back to healing her immediately. He gave a small grunt of exertion as he finished up healing the injured wing. When he was finished he sighed in relief and staggered to his feet, dizzy for a moment. "Th-there... that  should work... j-just fine now...." he gave her a smile and sat down.

Lewis winced as Whiplash yelped and repeatedly whispered "I'm sorry!" under his breath. He glanced over at David quickly as he was talking to Whiplash but brought his attention back to healing her immediately. He gave a small grunt of exertion as he finished up healing the injured wing. When he was finished he sighed in relief and staggered to his feet, dizzy for a moment. "Th-there... that should work... j-just fine now...." he gave her a smile and sat down.

Whiplash managed to open her eyes and focus on David's light, the pain almost making her eyes blurry. The Pegasus gradually began to get drowsy, the pain fading away. As Lewis finally finished, Whiplash let out a sigh of relief, thankful for the pain to be completely gone. The mare examined her newly healed wing before fluttering up, the injured wing good as new. Touching back to the ground, Whiplash gave a nod to the two stallions. "Thanks guys. My wing's great, good as new," she grinned, ruffling her feathers.

David nodded and walked over to Lewis. "You alright? That was a pretty impressive amount of magic. Good job." Smiling, he turned to the group. "Alright. We'll be moving out in an hour. Make sure you have all your equipment and are ready to move." He turned around and walked in to the ruined bunker to see if he could salvage any cider. Luna knew he needed that cider. And she really did to.

David nodded and walked over to Lewis. "You alright? That was a pretty impressive amount of magic. Good job." Smiling, he turned to the group. "Alright. We'll be moving out in an hour. Make sure you have all your equipment and are ready to move." He turned around and walked in to the ruined bunker to see if he could salvage any cider. Luna knew he needed that cider. And she really did to.

Lewis nodded and smiled. "T-thanks I just need to rest a bit I'll be good to go by the time we have to leave." He watched David go back into the broken safehouse then looked around to see if anyone else was injured. "Hey Uh, is everypony OK? I don't think I have it in me to heal lots of small wounds but if your really hurt I'd be happy to help!"