Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lunar Eclipse (Private, 1 on 1) Adventure / Romance.

Skylar

Planning page: 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/79746-lunar-eclipse-private-1-on-1-adventure-romance/#entry2048580

-------------------------------

It was another cold morning on the outskirts of Stalliongrad. The wind plucked the leaves off the trees and scattered them around like snow flakes dancing in the wind, by now the woodland creatures had all gone into hibernation for the winter... the woods outside their home were silent... save the gentle snoring of a young mare.

OC:  

*She yawned gently and opened her eyes, the morning sunlight was piercing the through the windows, blinding her slightly as her eyes slid open, she whined and rolled back over not wanting to wake up*

*As she dozed and snored gently in her sleep her mind was full of what was to come in the day ahead, it was to be one of her final days at the Imperial college, it had been a long hard road but finally she was going to get who long earned graduation certificate and finally be free to do as she wished*

*Opening on eye she sighed heavily* Free to do as I want... *She bit her lip and teared up abit* Problem is.. what exactly do I do?... I never really met anyone I liked in college so I doubt anyone will want to accompany on my 'trip' ... do my parents really expect me to just wonder the world alone?... :( *she bit her lip again and sobbed, burying her face into the pillow and whimpering a bit, she was so used to the comforts of home and now she finally had the chance to be free she had no idea what to do with it*

Another day had yet broken in the quiant little griffon settlement known as the Rocky Ridge, was located in the northern plains to the west near the chilly mountains that loomed over in the horizon, as the morning sun illuminated their majestical presence. The settlement was starting to awake early to their daily routines, as the some of the villagers were already outside to continue their daily labour to keep the small town up and running, while plowing through the thick layers of snow that was now covering the ground by meters. Meanwhile in the town's inn, a certain grey unicorn was starting to slowly open his eyes, rubbing them and wake up from his comfortable bed to gather his belongings.

OC:

*He had arrived yesterday to this peaceful little mountainside settlement, after he had visited the nearby Broken Hoof pony tribe with some of his tribe members yesterday, to conduct official business concerning about the trading agreements. He was now standing in the front of the inn's porch, observing all the griffon villagers and guards walking bakc and forth through the bustling snowy streets and inhaled the fresh cold mountain air in his lungs deeply, before exhaling it out slowly with satisfaction*

Nothing beats the fresh cold air in the winter! Might have to grab some mulled wine with me, before I'll head out from this town...

*He left the porch of the inn and started to make his way through the streets of the griffon colony, while nodding greetingly to most of the bypassers until he reached the general store at the end of the town. As he stepped right through the sturdy wooden door inside the shop, he was immediately greeted by an elderly light grey and white griffon shop keeper who was busy at the moment placing his products on the shelves*

Good morning there, sir! *He greeted the unicorn merrily as he kept organizing his shop, before after a while turning around to face him with a happy smile* How are you today? What can I interest you in today, my good tribal unicorn? :D

I'm quite fine, thank you very much! I came here to purchase some of your local mulled wine, and perhaps some dried fish to the road, if that's fine with you good man? :)

Absolutely, sir! Just wait a dear second! *Without a second later, he hovered up to one of the higher shelves, grabbed few bottles of the local mulled wine and the landed to the ground again, and trotted to the dry room behind the counter and came back with some dried fish meat wrapped in the paper and laid it on the counter with the bottles* Is there anything else you might want to purchase before you'll be leaving, good sir? :squee:

*The unicorn shook his head lightly, before coming up with his coinpurse and giving the shop keeper the amount of silver coins* No thank you, that'll be all! *He grabbed his items from the table with his magic and levitated them to his saddlebags on his back, and closed the buckle on them firmly, before trotting out of the shop as he waved at the elderly griffon* Nice doing business with you! Have a nice day! ;)

Always a pleasure, my dear customer! Come back anytime!  :lol:  *He shouted at the leaving unicorn, as he left his shop with the door swinging firmly close behind him*

*The door to her room creaked open, her mother peered inside at the sleeping mare and smiled lovingly* Hey, come on sleepy head, you cant lie there forever !  You've got a big day ahead of you, your father is just outside getting some wood for the hearth, so you better shift your flank dear :) 

*She sniffed and looked at her mother with one eye while keeping her face buried in the soft fluffy pillow, it was quite obvious she had been crying from the streaks on her face*  U-ummm... I... I will be out in a minute okay? :( *Her voice cracked badly and she bit her lip hard trying not to cry* 

*Her ears flattened to see her daughter in distress, she trotted over and sat on the bed next to her, a slightly puzzled but loving expression crossing her face, she stroked vespers neck and mane gently and spoke gently* Whats wrong honey? :( ... Nervous about your big day, did you have a bad dream... or is there something else bothering you... i'm here to talk if you want *she keeps stroking her neck lovingly and plants a kiss on her cheek*  

*She bit back another sob and a tear trickled down her cheek* I'm... I'm scared mom.... im really scared... *she cried quietly and nuzzled into her mothers warm chest, trying to take comfort* Today is the last day of college life.... I haven't really.... met anyone and.... *SNIFF* I have to go out and... try to work out my own life... I can't stay here forever *SNIFF*... and I have no pony to do it with! :( 

Hush dear.... It's okay... im here... *she cuddles her daughter close to her lovingly and kisses her forehead* I know it's hard... it's a time that comes in every ponies life... we all have to find our own way... I was much like you when I was your age... scared and I had no idea what to do with my life... but im a strong believer in as long as you keep going that purpose will find it's way to you, you will meet new friends and one day *Nudges her playfully but gently* that special stallion ;) 

Mom!!! You know I ... why would I...   :squee:  *SNIFF* I know your right.... I should look on the bright side... besides... I know you and dad will always be here for me... if I need a roof over my head..... :)  

Indeed we will my little buttercup *she grinned seeing the annoyance on Vespers face at being called that* you can stay here as long as you wish but today is a good as time as any to start making your own way, the big wide world is out there, waiting for you my love , take it and show them what you can do! :) 

*She grins and wipes away the last few tears* Thanks mom... :) I will try my best....  besides dad probably needs your help... you know how bad he is at getting the hearth going!  I'll just be here... getting.... ready... :)

Edited by Skylar
  • Brohoof 1

*He was trotting down the snowy streets of the Rocky Ridge's settlement towards the main gate, while passing through the busy villagers and a few guards that patrolled the town*

Hoy there, Polaris! You ready to leave now?  :)  *Shouted out a voice that came from a grey northern pegasus with a dark blue mane standing idly by next to the gate. He was from his tribe as the both came to the town to rest after the successful trading agreements with their sister clan Broken Hooves. Night Wind was his name, and he was one of the best flyers in the Eye of Sorrow tribe, known for exceptional ability to spot even the tiniest of things from miles away, and fly silently like a ghost through the air. He was also known to be very arrogant and reckless at times, but makes it up for being reliable and loyal to his fellow tribesponies*

What took you so long, huh? We're wasting daylight here! *He snorted smugly* We still have the hub to visit, and I don't really like hanging around these kitty birds all that much!  :okiedokielokie:   *He looked around him in annoyance, as the griffon inhabitants kept passing them back and forth*

Why are you so hostile to these griffons, wind? What kinda a grudge do you have against them?  :huh:  *He asked from his tribemate in stern tone*

*He sighed and shuffled in his place, while looking at the griffons through narrowed eyes* Don't you get it? They're here to conquer our land! Did you really think that they would just simply help us become more 'civilized' and elevate our conditions when our people agreed to sign an agreement with them years back? *He stomped his hoof to the ground angry* No! They're here only because of the natural resources that their fat imperium back east can use to bolster their armies, which they're eventually going use to finally annex our land permanently under their iron claw!  :okiedokielokie:  *He stared at him gritting his teeth and looking menacing, before dropping his expression down and sighing in frustration*

It's just not fair! They have no rights to just waltz in our lands, and start building their towns all over where they feel like it! *He shrugged slightly as he had finally calmed down a bit* Anyways, let's keep moving! The day's wasting! >_>

Yes, let's....  :okiedokielokie:  *He nodded agreeingly*

*Without saying anything further, the duo started to trot away from the settlement towards the bustling city of hub, that lied half day away from their current location*