Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shudder

BlackShardNixium

@

@@Flying Ace

She froze, turning towards the voice and silently closing the journal.

“Are you hurt?” she called out.

@

She turned around to see a shadowy figure exiting the room just down the hallway. They paused in the light of the torch, then turned towards them and started to approach.

“Who are you?”

• Brohoof 1

@,

White frowned and was about to respond when, a few tents over, Shadow Seer gasped. As White Rose made her way out of the tent and over, the Jester kept looking at the corpse. "It certainly looks like it could've been a demon of some sort," he started, "but the shade of the blood on the ground and the slight charring of the body suggests an energy blast. You see how it's lighter? That's from the burst of oxygen that is always created when energy of this nature is coherent. Yet, a blast of energy can't disintegrate only the head and legs, which means the body was killed and then savaged for trophies, since most of the meat of a pony is in the torso." He stood back, smiling. "This pony was killed by either a dragon-like monster or a powerful demon of the demon lord Varlock. Either way, the blood is still fresh and I wouldn't be surprised if the thing that killed this pony is still around. It also means that, if you are right and they've been betrayed, he is either possessed or a powerful demonancer."

White re-entered the tent, Shadow Seer following behind, clutching a leather bound book. If the colors of the pages were anything to tell by, it was ancient. "This place is an ancient chapel called Celatum, home to an ancient religion of spiritual protectors that dates back to before Discord. It served as their sanctuary against attack, but they were betrayed inside and the entire place was ransacked by monsters." She looked around. "This is a grand place indeed... but the question is, why here, of all places?"

"Perhaps it's because of that book that your masked friend is carrying..."

And with that, the Jester smiled, winking at Raze. "Told you," he said merrily, removing his scythe from his back.

((Comic Sans! Scary!))

@@,

A faint echo of a rumbling voice was heard, but it was largely overlooked by the sudden appearance of a third pony. "Hello?" He said, his right wing unfolding. "Who are you?" he said, his multi-lensed eyes taking in the features of the stranger.

((He's a changeling he's a changeling he's a changeling...))

• Brohoof 1

((Is he a changeling by any chance? Can't tag.))

As Rai approached the two, they both asked who she was.

"I'm Rai." She answered, before stopping when she noticed one was a changeling. But he didn't look dangerous, rather familiar, as did the mare with him. Trying to remember their names gave her a huge headache.

• Brohoof 2

@

@@Flying Ace

She froze, turning towards the voice and silently closing the journal.

“Are you hurt?” she called out.

@

She turned around to see a shadowy figure exiting the room just down the hallway. They paused in the light of the torch, then turned towards them and started to approach.

“Who are you?”

Ace could now hear them well, "N-no, I'm not hurt where are you?" Ace shouted following the voices, now that he could hear them clearly. small flashes went though his mind. But again he couldn't clearly remember what they were though. Gah! This whole not remembering anything is going to give me a headache! 

• Brohoof 1

Did you get the gun? You're going to need the gun.

Of course he's going to need the gun, idiot. You can just assume that he knows already.

I'm not an idiot, you troglodyte.

I'm not a troglodyte, you knuckle-dragger.

I'm not a knuckle-dragger, you-

BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP, NOW!

Fine.

Sheesh.

Red sighed, readied his gun, and walked into a wall. "VERDAMMT!

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad
  • Brohoof 1

@

"You are WAY too happy about this, you know that?" Raze told the Jester while drawing his two swords, a broadsword and a shortsword, out from there sheaths, quickly looking around for where the sound was coming from.

Rise and shine, R, he told his "special ally".

Yeah, yeah, I heard it, R answered back. Suddenly,a red portal appeared, and from it came a stallion who looked identical to Raze, but with a silver coat and black stripes. He was equipped with the same weapons Raze had, but they had a red glow coming from them.

"It's been a while since I've seen any action," he told Raze while grinning. 

Raze rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, just focus on what's going on right now, ok?"

"Will do," R said, his grin turning wicked looking.

@,

As White Rose flicks her sword out, something grabs the top of the tent and pulls up, revealing to you a large demon carrying a bloodstained, silver greataxe, as well as about ten other demons carrying everything from meat hooks to serrated knives, all murmuring to themselves. The bigger one has what appears to be yellow-dyed fabric wrapped around his shoulders before you realized it was pony skin. It took a deep breath to start talking, like most windbags that demons were.

The Jester didn't let him.

He went sprinting into the crowd of demons, hammering his ironclad hooves into anything he didn't cut apart with his scythe. The greater demon growled and, without another word, slammed his axe down.

It didn't do anything to the Jester- it couldn't penetrate the armor- but it let out a huge BANG and a blast of energy. The old, weakened floors, which were barely holding the Jester, couldn't take anymore. The Jester of Death, with a mighty crash, fell right through the floor- and kept going down.

The demon turned one hundred and eighty degrees- and got blasted in the face by a magic beam from Shadow Seer, setting him off balance and sending him through the newly opened hole in the floor. The remaining demons surged forward, you and White coming forward, blades drawn, to meet them...

@, @@,

He smiled. "My name is Moon Crypt- Lord Inquis-"

"VERDAMMT!

"Hang on..." He walked out into the shadows, through the slight hallway, for about two seconds before knocking on the door, his eyes, seemingly glowing while they were in the dark. "Hello? Anyone cursing in there?"

And, with that, the ceiling opened up near the others and, with an almighty crash, down came an avalanche of stone, and, after that, a giant, black, skull-faced thing crashing down on top of the pile, a silver weapon following soon after that. It turn its head towards the party, glaring at the two of you with red, evil eyes, before stating, in a grinding, evil voice-

"Who the hell are you?"

Edited by Magos Amphrose

(edited)

@

Silvia stumbled backwards as the ancient ceiling finally gave out and crumbled, with it came an absolutely terrifying figure.

she glanced at Moon Crypt before answering.

"I..My name is Silver Spectrum, an-and this is Moon Crypt. We're, ah, we're a little lost..."

Edited by BlackShardNixium

@,

Raze took a deep breath, and charged in to meet three demons, quickly stabbing the first one in the gut. It staggered back and fell to the floor, screaming in pain. The other two quickly charged towards him, one of them about to strike downwards with a large knife. Raze quickly parried the knife with the broadsword, and, using the shortsword, slit the demon's throat. The third demon came charging towards him with a bloodcurdling yell while picking up his dead ally's knife, and trying to slice Raze with it. He managed to dodge most of the knife strikes, but one of them managed to cut his face, leaving a small wound that began to bleed. Raze retaliated by kicking the demon in the gut when he was open. It knelt on the ground in pain. Finally, Raze put both of his blades against the demon's throat, quickly beheaded it, and kicked its headless corpse.

"How're handling yourself over there, White?" he asked while he quickly moved towards her.

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~

@, @, @@Flying Ace, @

"I..My name is Silver Spectrum, an-and this is-"

((What was that last part? Sorry, couldn't hear you over this thing's bellowing.))

"You didn't answer my question." it said, glaring at you. "But perhaps it's my fault for wording it wrongly. WHAT are you, and why are you here? You obviously aren't part of the expedition, since they were all either seemingly dragged off or killed in their tents. And you smell of corruption..."

It paused for a moment and smiled. "How about this. Since you seem corrupted, but you might have merely run away, how about I kill you, and then consult with the others about whether or not you were innocent." He grinned evilly. "Either way, I get some pony to eat, and they get to deal with all the political stuff. Something down here wants you dead, anyways, and whether or not they kill you or I kill you... it shouldn't really matter, eh? You are dead in the water, anyhow. But, since I'm in the mood for a game, let's play one, eh? I'll count to fifty, and then I'll come and find you. If I do, you're dead. If you can make it back to your camp and prove that you are innocent, you win and I'll leave you alone. Deal? Deal. Good." With a grin, it turned around one hundred eighty degrees to the wall, revealing a heavily plated, almost chitinous back. "Fifty... forty-nine... forty-eight..."

((And so starts his 'game'.))

@,

White was standing over the corpses of three demons, currently fighting with the fourth, who was holding a nasty serrated longsword. With a flick, the demon disarmed White of her swords and closed in for the kill, before White headbutted the thing in the stomach, impaling it with her horn, and drew two daggers, one blocking the sword strike while the other sank into its eye. She retrieved her swords, black ichor leaking down her horn, before nodding at Raze and pointing to Shadow Seer, who was casting spells left and right, looking somewhat paranoid as the corpses of demons thudded around her, yet they seemed to be drawn to her in ever-increasing numbers. Before you and White can get over there, though, the shield exploded outwards, punching yet another hole in the nearby floor and sending the charred corpses of demons flying everywhere.

The demons crowded around the hole, unwilling to follow Shadow, and turned their attention to you once again...

((Demons, demons everywhere... and it only escalates from here.))

@, Red looked at the back half of the demon, mumbling under his breath, then turned to his new comrades. "You guys goink to run? I'm not running. Zis sing's armour has more holes in it zen an Acme parachute, und I figure it's got to have somesink important under at least vone. Also, I didn't- shut up. I heard vat he said. I don't care vat he said. I am tryink to not die here!" Red frowned, looked at the rest of the group, and raised an eyebrow. "Vat? Did I suddenly grow a moustache ven I vasn't lookink?"

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad
  • Brohoof 1

(I'll keep my self secluded until the weekend when I have more time.)

The pony stumbled about until his ran into wall. He felt a small pain in his head for a moment, then he could hear a noise. A small buzzing coming from what seemed to be no where. "...Wait?" He could see just faintly around him, but still he could see. The light and buzzing was coming from his... head. He passed a hoof through it, and could see a small glowing insect. He couldn't tell why, but it seemed happy to see him. It started to crawl up his hoof and back on to his head. Then it began to buzz again.

(edited)

@

She stared at him in disbelief. He couldn’t be serious! Could he? 

“Apparently he is.” She thought dryly as he turned his back to them and started counting.

@

She remained silent, frantically going through any option that would bring them all out alive. She turned to Moon Crypt.

“What do we do?”

~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the deep darkness, a mirror started to glow.

• Brohoof 1

"I think we should run!!!" Ace yelled it hasn't been two minuets since he found other ponies, Which he is happy for, and now they didn't have much time before they died. Ace was thinking about running but he couldn't leave these guys behind. They was something familier about them.

((If you want to get out alive, run for your life...))

"The pegasus has the right idea," commented the creature. "Forty-five, forty-four, forty-three..."

Moon Crypt frowned. "There are two possible persons this fellow could be. One is a demon. Two is a... rather unsavory pony. Either way, we should get the heck out of here before he's done."

As Shadow Seer opened her eyes again, she shook her head and looked up. Wow... she fell so far down she couldn't see the top. Some part of her wanted to curl into a ball and hide- probably part of this pony's soul- but she squished that feeling and got up slowly before looking around.

She was in... a room. A rather large room, by the looks of it, and it was filled with dust-ridden robes and several mirrors. Another room that tugged on her mind, but she wasn't sure why...

She clutched the book- ensuring it was still there- and walked along, staring at everything, until she at last came face to face with a large mirror. It brought her back to an age before, when her soul wasn't bound to the mask sitting on this young mare's face. Shaking her head, she turned to leave, when she stopped.

She had just heard something...

And the mirror had started to glow...

@,

"Here we go again..." Raze said as he stabbed a demon who was charging at him from his left, then kicked it off of his blade. Not giving him a break, a group of six demons came running towards him, weapons raised. As Raze prepared to defend himself, R appeared in front of him out of nowhere. In a blur, R moved around the six demons, the sound of steel hitting flesh sounding out. In a few seconds, R was back at Raze's side, and the demons running towards Raze were cut wide open.

"Thought you could use some help," R said while grinning.

"Just in time," Raze said, nodding his head in thanks.

He turned to White. "We need to regroup! We'll do better if we fight them together!"

He grit his teeth in frustration. Shadow's gone; fell through the floor.... Cannonback, same thing... it's just me and White left now, he thought.  I just hope the big demon didn't get them....

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~
  • Brohoof 1

@

Silvia nodded, backing away a few steps before turning and darting back down the shadowy hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was impossible not to recognize her; bound to the mask though she was. As a veteran projector, she had learned to recognize the unique signatures of a soul. Shadow’s SilverCord was wrapped tightly around the mask, thus it served as a vessel; she was bonded to it.

It had been centuries since either of them had dared make any sort of communication outside the Mirror. Siobhan had sensed them first. Yet it was only until the final test that they were assured that the intruders were actual descendants. None of them should have been able to see the Chapter. There were wards covering every square inch of the pedestal it sat on. Yet they had simply taken it, as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

Yes, both Siobhan and Darkessie were sure of it. It was time the Sota Peilin ended, once and for all.

“Shadow. Approach the mirror.”

• Brohoof 1

@,

White was breathing heavily. "Yes, that's a good idea." She shook her head. "Come on. Let's find some stairs or something and make out way down. I don't especially want to jump down there." White stood up straight and let her breathing ease up before continuing. "Come on. Let's get going."

If that banana loving fool survived that, it's just proof that he has... a hard head!

"..."

@@Flying Ace, @,  @@Senor Citizen@@,

Moon Crypt nodded very quickly before going about face and running, almost directly behind Silvia. "Up and in, friends. Let's head back to the base camp."

"Thirty five, thirty four..."

Shadow Seer paused. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, releasing it slowly. She let the memories wash out over her before letting them fade slightly. Reopening her eyes, she turned to the mirror, looking at it slowly. Remembering the warnings about the mirror while astral projecting. She sighed and breathed in.

She had heard the voice again.

She cast her thoughts towards it, trying to divine what lied within it's reflective world... and pulling back when she discovered both a sense of ancient evil inhibiting the connection.

"What art thou, presence, and why dost thou interfere with the remnants of this once-sacred ground?"

(edited)

@

If Siobhan had a physical form, she would be smiling.  It had been a very long time since she and her sister had spoken to anything but the creatures of the deep. It was refreshing to see one of their own students return to the Celatum.  Darkessie stood beside her, silent and calculating; observing.

“Fear not, Shadow Seer, for I and my companion are not the dark forces that you have sensed.” She spoke softly, gazing down at her student from the depths of the mirror.

“I presume it has been centuries for us both. Nevertheless, it is good to see you once again.” Darkessie spoke with quiet, commanding authority; though her countenance betrayed the happiness she felt.

“Listen close, dear one,” Siobhan began, “For what you are about to hear will change everything.”

• Brohoof 1

@

Raze nodded, and walked over to her. Seeing White fatigued made him think about whether or not it was okay to leave now. "Maybe you should rest a bit first, since you look a bit, uh, tired from the fight. Also, we need some time to formulate a plan and think about our next course of action."

@@Flying Ace@,  @@Senor Citizen@@,

Moon Crypt rounded the corner, running up some stairs before coming to a large hallway. After the rest of the group caught up, he smiled and opened the door, moving in sideways before crashing into a skeletal figure holding what appears to be a sword.

"Well, what do we have here?" It said, grinning evilly.

@,

"No... I'm fine. And we can formulate a plan while moving. We don't exactly have to sprint. Come on." She took off at a trot towards a door nearby. "What I'm surprised about is that Shadow Seer is familiar with this place. She doesn't want to admit it, but I think the two are connected somehow..."

Shadow glanced around, casting a spell checking for energies in the room. While most of it was shrouded in darkness... was that... a pinprick of light?

"I am listening, yet in a place filled with shadow like this, I am loathe to believe initially without doubt that you are who you claim to be..."

((Is this still alive...?))
Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

@, (WHOA! YEAH! KICKSTART MY HEART, HOPE IT NEVER STOPS!)

Well, this was a problem Red could deal with. "Yes, yes, you're very intimidatink. I'm qvite afraid. Now how about you let us by before I perform a test on how many bullets I need to put in your head before you stop movink?"

Edited by Senor Citizen

"I just hope you're not saying that you're fine..." Raze said under his breath, then proceeded to catch up with White. He thought about the events prior to this moment, trying to piece together what he could, and trying to find out as to where Shadow Seer and the Jester may be now. Suddenly, he remembered something...

"Hey," he said to White. "That big demon... he mentioned something about a book; the one that Shadow had before the demons attacked. Do you think we should go back and find it?"

@

((YES! End-of-Term Exams are finally overrrrr!! :D))

Silvia gaped at the grotesque, skeletal creature in front of them.

“Really? Another one!” she thought.

~~~~~~

Siobhan beamed fondly at her old student. She had learned well.

“It is obvious that you have little to no memory of this place, or us for that matter. What if I told you that I could restore your memory?” she prompted gently.

Darkessie nodded sternly in agreement.

“All that we ask is that you do what you came here to do. Protect Equestria and destroy the darkness that dwells here.”

"OH HOLLY SWEET CELESTIA" Ace yelled at the very evil and very, very scary skeleton carrying a very, very, very scary sword. He backed up a couple steps in fear. Ace's mind was racing trying to process what he's seeing.

((Woo, semester exams are over! (for me at least) now to continue this awesome rp :D))

• Brohoof 2