Ponies Anthology 3

lighting flash

Oh yeah, I watched the whole thing the other night. It was actually pretty funny, best parts were probably the Turbo Spike thing and the Paper Mario style intro, not to mention MA Larson's appearance at the end. Was nice of them to point all the references in the credits as well. Only thing I could have done without in it was all the rap songs, too many if you ask me. :P

Yeah I thought it was awesome! I have waited so long for it to come out :) I love the other two ones too

I just watched through the whole thing, here are all my favorites:

Untitxled.png

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the creativity of the whole thing died when we had what, six passive aggressive jokes aimed at not liking Twilicorn and the entirety of bashing on Equestria Girls.

I know I know, parody and all that jazz but it opening up with the Toy Story 2 bit for why the show was cancelled only left a sour taste in my mouth because I thought "Great so now I have to watch another creation from more fans for why they didn't like this too?".

I'm not above knocking on things I like either, but come. on.

- All of the game jokes were a nice pace away but....wow, like the heavy emphasis on THANKS M.A. LARSON (Grew tired of that real quick too) I didn't think there was a need for the heavy emphasis on Half Life 2 beyond the Valve logo.

- What the hell was with that Windows Rarity thing?

- Too many jokes are increasingly getting more on the obscure side for the point of said joke to not come through to me.

- Length of it being shorter than 2 was also a bummer, and I was hoping for something else grandiose than the final "THANKS M.A. LARSON" joke even though it was he himself in the video. This was literally the 70 minute version of Half Life with ponies and "We hated Equestria Girls and Twilicorn" rather than a nice parody filled video collaberation that didn't try to shove one, much less two opinions down my throat. 

I feel that 3 was merely...'empty' and there. The first two were the better ones but I hope that if they bother with a 4th one it will have better organizers or more of a simplified feeling of multiple jokes instead of two being pushed around repeatedly.

Also, how far back can we really rely on internet culture to make something funny? Does anyone really know about "All your base are belong to us" or care much for "FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES" to see some half hearted parody of it?

Sorry I know I know I should look at this differently because it was actually made and had time put towards it but...meh. I don't have to like it, just like how I hated Double Rainboom...but that's another topic entirely.

A solid 5/10.

It didn't make me laugh nearly as much as the other two, but when I DID laugh I laughed pretty hard.

PARTICULARLY the Dragon's Mare animation. That was GLORIOUS. XDDD

i have to agree i didn't like it,

maybe i went in expecting to much.