Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Asexuals?

FlitterFlutter

However, the first part what you've said is wrong, not everyone is born asexual, even someone with no family has an attraction to a gender, as seen with kids that grew up in the wild or kids who grew up with no parental figure at all (homeless kids for example). The only reason why people find it necessary to talk about sexual education, is because there are also other technical parts involved that kids might not understand, such as STDs and pregnancy. The attraction to a gender, or genders, or none at all, will always have been there in the first place.

You most obviously failed to read my reasoning.

I am going on a technicality. According to the articles to which you linked, children learn and understand sexuality around the age of three - meaning they didn't know what any kind of sexuality was until that age, making them technically asexual before. If you knew me better, you'd understand that I do a lot of my arguing under technicality.

Finally, there are many, many people that "realize" what their sexuality is and never change. I myself am pansexual for example, I always thought I was heterosexual until I dared to be more open-minded about subjects such as this, talking with people and assessing more information, eventually figuring out my own sexuality. And honestly, I am happy that I know who I am, and I will never consider changing my sexuality, because in the end, I always knew that I was pansexual, and it was never a choice for me.

You "thought" you were heterosexual. By the ways of the human mind, what you think you are is what you become; that's why the placebo effect works, and I believe this fact is why I have a lot of characteristics I do - my self-image controls what I am. What you subconsciously did was "open" your mind to the devil while you were heterosexual and decided that you should try this new crazy idea. That's how drug addicts come to be, by the way.

If I had no sexual orientation back then, then how come I was only attracted to girls? The answer is I was already heterosexual, because I was born that way. (In fact having an attraction to anything kind of proves I wasn't asexual.) You don't start off asexual and then magically transform into some other orientation once you hit puberty, because that would mean that orientation is 100% about hormones, which the evidence says it's not.

Who said it had to happen at puberty? That was only the case for cavemen. In the modern day, we learn about sex when we learn to talk, and we are taught why x-sexuality works and why it's right versus the other ones.

Edited by Kelario

Id just like to add my input: I don't know that I'm asexual. Can you ever truly know if you're nothing? Anyway, I just assumed I was heterosexual even though I don't find anyone attractive or never have. Did research, figured i was asexual. So yeah. Just thought I'd leave that.

You most obviously failed to read my reasoning.

I am going on a technicality. According to the articles to which you linked, children learn and understand sexuality around the age of three - meaning they didn't know what any kind of sexuality was until that age, making them technically asexual before. If you knew me better, you'd understand that I do a lot of my arguing under technicality.

You should've made that clear in the first place, people are going to misunderstand.

You "thought" you were heterosexual. By the ways of the human mind, what you think you are is what you become; that's why the placebo effect works, and I believe this fact is why I have a lot of characteristics I do - my self-image controls what I am. What you subconsciously did was "open" your mind to the devil while you were heterosexual and decided that you should try this new crazy idea. That's how drug addicts come to be, by the way.

Not really, what you're saying here is wrong. You don't become what you think, that's not true at all. I didn't become heterosexual, because if that were the case, I wouldn't have any reason to "change" my sexuality into pansexuality. What you're referring to by the way is something called mirror neurons, not really becoming what you are, though it can have a great effect on biological functions, like the healing of a wound, or the suppression of a headache. But no psychological or mental, like sexuality or ghost pains.

Connecting the placebo effect with mirror neural activity is wrong. While mirror neutrons work on images or thoughts created by ones self, placebo is created through social stimuli, such as words and faking a therapeutic act. Which will in turn release endogenous morphine, acting as a natural painkiller to reduce the sensation of whatever the disease a person has. Besides that, your brain will react similarly to that of the mirror neuron phenomena. Well, not really a phenomena, it's a reaction.

I didn't "subconsciously" open my mind to it, I realized who I was all along at a certain point in my life.

Frankly, the devil part is totally redundant and insulting. Besides that, linking drug addiction to mirror neural activity, as well as placebos is all kinds of wrong. Please don't turn biology and psychology into metabiology and metapsychology.

Not really, what you're saying here is wrong. You don't become what you think, that's not true at all. I didn't become heterosexual, because if that were the case, I wouldn't have any reason to "change" my sexuality into pansexuality. What you're referring to by the way is something called mirror neurons, not really becoming what you are, though it can have a great effect on biological functions, like the healing of a wound, or the suppression of a headache. But no psychological or mental, like sexuality or ghost pains.

Based on what I said before, you became heterosexual when you learned what sex was at the age of three. On the subject of mirror neurons, my research implies (not that I can understand 100% of the wording) that they are less concerned with changing oneself and more with learning things:

A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another.

Connecting the placebo effect with mirror neural activity is wrong. While mirror neutrons work on images or thoughts created by ones self, placebo is created through social stimuli, such as words and faking a therapeutic act.

This is wrong. The placebo effect is not caused directly by the social stimuli, but by the fact that the recipient believes it. The recipient creates the thought that "this will work," thereby making it work.

I didn't "subconsciously" open my mind to it, I realized who I was all along at a certain point in my life.

First part: you're right. I should rephrase that. You opened your mind to the crazy new idea, and subconsciously held onto it rather than understanding there's actually loads of problems with it.

Linking drug addiction to mirror neural activity, as well as placebos is all kinds of wrong. Please don't turn biology and psychology into metabiology and metapsychology.

I'm not linking drug addiction to placebos. I'm saying that drug addicts choose to go with whatever drug they're hooked to, and then they can't let go - just like people who go to crazy sexualities. Edited by Kelario

@@Kelario

So asexuality is wrong? Or forcing yourself to be asexual is wrong? I'm just confused at the second response. Sorry if I'm wrong.

As a side note that is quite possibly the best quote in your sig ever.

Asexuality is the only sexuality other than heterosexuality of which I do approve. You don't have to have sex, it's just having sex with the wrong people that's wrong.

And thanks. That's actually the second reply on my Hitler thread in the Debate Pit. Quite honestly, I'm thinking that if the Nazis hadn't done all that concentration camp stuff, they'd be completely badass and awesome.

Edited by Kelario

True you can change but you cant just wake up and be like" today I am going to be asexual"  but your preference can change throughout your life.

This is the point I've been trying to make this whole damn time.

ok then I am sorry if I offended you. But you should of made that clear It sounded like you where trying to say that you can change at will.

You can change at will, it just takes time for the full effect.

Well, i thought i was at one point, but i don't think i am really, i mean while i've never dated anyone(Which technically has little to do with Asexuality) I have liked girls. So i'm pretty sure i'm heterosexual just from that.

And while i may not obsess over girl parts or sexual attract or anything, i can't say that i have like no sexual interest, because i believe that i have. Its more i think that i just don't quite get it in a rational form, Like i don't get WHY i should like girl parts, like whats so special about those parts? From a logical standpoint? I really don't get it.

That said i would be lieing if i said i've never had any sexual feelings i guess. Or anything of that nature.

Now i also don't really have alot of interest in sex or anything, but i can't say i have none really for sure.

Idk i'm kinda confused, i'm sorta like partially Asexual, but i'm not really officially. 

As far as i'm aware i'm Heterosexual mostly atleast to my knowledge, but depending on what you call "Asexual" i suppose i could be considered one to an extent.

Make yourself into one. Just forget about it entirely.

You can't fucking change your sexuality!

You can't will your self into being any sexuality.  You are born that way.  You can't pray the gay away, or think yourself into being gay, or turn yourself into an asexual.  You just are what you are.  

Choosing to not care about sex is not the same as becoming asexual.  That's just choosing to remain celibate, your still whatever you were before. 

• Brohoof 4

You can't will your self into being any sexuality.  You are born that way.  You can't pray the gay away, or think yourself into being gay, or turn yourself into an asexual.  You just are what you are.  

Choosing to not care about sex is not the same as becoming asexual.  That's just choosing to remain celibate, your still whatever you were before. 

You are fucking wrong!

It has been DONE by MANY people, not just with their sexuality but with other aspects of their personality as well. The idea that it can't be done is just an excuse by homosexuals so they can get special rights over heterosexuals.

And celibacy is not the same as asexuality. Asexuality is a disinterest in sex; celibacy is a condition of some other decision barring oneself from sex. Celibacy can lead to asexuality, but they are different things.

Edited by Kelario

You are fucking wrong!

It has been DONE by MANY people, not just with their sexuality but with other aspects of their personality as well. The idea that it can't be done is just an excuse by homosexuals so they can get special rights over heterosexuals.

And celibacy is not the same as asexuality. Asexuality is a disinterest in sex; celibacy is a condition of some other decision barring oneself from sex. Celibacy can lead to asexuality, but they are different things.

could you please stop talking about it if you know nothing about the topic now i am trying to be nice but just please i am trying to ask nicely.

You are fucking wrong!

It has been DONE by MANY people, not just with their sexuality but with other aspects of their personality as well.

And celibacy is not the same as asexuality. Asexuality is asexuality; celibacy is choosing as a condition of some other decision to bar oneself from sex.

First off you need to read things before you post.  I never said celibacy is the same as asexuality, in fact I said the opposite.

Who told you can change your sexuality your Pastor?  You know all those "former" gay born agains who said Jesus got rid of their gayness?  Guess what, their lying.  Their still gay.

This is coming form a Christian.  You can't change your sexuality.

• Brohoof 1

First off you need to read things before you post.  I never said celibacy is the same as asexuality, in fact I said the opposite.

Who told you can change your sexuality your Pastor?  You know all those "former" gay born agains who said Jesus got rid of their gayness?  Guess what, their lying.  Their still gay.

That is, this is coming from a Christian who has done no actual research of his own.

My research and knowledge tells me sexuality can be changed. Perhaps those gay born-agains are lying, or perhaps I just don't like overreligious people. But it has been done by people who did it for reasons other than publicity. In fact, as I recall (though I wasn't born yet, this is from oral family history) my sister was in fact heterosexual until she switched after high school.

You are fucking wrong!

could you please stop talking about it if you know nothing about the topic now i am trying to be nice but just please i am trying to ask nicely.

In which case please don't single me out, and ask nicely the other people arguing this issue.

you are the only one that keeps bringing it up. the topic was are you asexual? and YOU are turning it into a debate that's not what i am here for. I just am here to make friends and have a good time not debate. and if you want a debate I think that their is a section just for debating but not here please.

That is, this is coming from a Christian who has done no actual research of his own.

My research and knowledge tells me sexuality can be changed. Perhaps those gay born-agains are lying, or perhaps I just don't like overreligious people. But it has been done by people who did it for reasons other than publicity. In fact, as I recall (though I wasn't born yet, this is from oral family history) my sister was in fact heterosexual until she switched after high school.

Damn, if I knew that an argument was going to start from my comment I wouldn't have posted.

Sorry...

Damn, if I knew that an argument was going to start from my comment I wouldn't have posted.

Sorry...

Don't worry, this argument started long before your post. I think I started it by saying I was considering switching. You posted in the middle of it.

Edited by Kelario