Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Rift enchanted

70 users have voted

1. 1. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken
    • Egg

The chicken came first after evolving at level 16. When it reaches level 36 it evolves into a cockatrice. Be warned that the chicken is vulnerable to Colonel Sanders type attacks. Also, throwing pokeballs at chickens doesn't work. It just makes the chickens and the farm owners angry. Throwing pokeballs at the chicken farmers themselves also makes them angry. Also. It would probably help if the pokeballs weren't just tennis balls painted red and white.

Seriously though. It believe it's the egg that came first. I mean I could try asking a chicken directly, but there be a language barrier that prevents me from doing so.

I mean, the chicken would have to have hatched from the egg in order to become a chicken, after evolving/mutating from whatever came before it... Therefore, the egg.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

The chicken came first after evolving at level 16. When it reaches level 36 it evolves into a cockatrice.

Throwing pokeballs at chickens doesn't work. 

"A wild CHICKEN appears!" :laugh:

Edited by Dusklicious

I honestly don't even understand how this is a question anymore. While the species before would be like 99.99999999 ...% identical to a chicken (understand I'm not wanting to oversimplify things here), the science of evolution shows us that the first instance of what would have been 100% a chicken would have been the result of two organisms that weren't technically chickens, and thus the first chicken began as an egg.

I feel like I've oversimplified this even still. But I don't think my oversimplification would change the result. In order for a chicken to come before an egg, that organism would have to have evolved into a chicken while it was alive, and I'm pretty sure evolution does not work that way. Lol. This isn't Pokemon.