Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Rift enchanted

70 users have voted

1. 1. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken
    • Egg

Scientifically, the egg comes first because for the chicken to exist, the chicken has to be hatched from an egg and start to grow up as time goes by.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

The egg came first. Eggs were being laid long before any bird had started to evolve.

Even if you specify a chicken egg, the first chicken egg was laid by a bird that was not quite a chicken, tricky as it is to pinpoint when that was.

• Brohoof 1

Neither really, based on evolution by natural selection one species didn't magically hatch into a chicken after one generation. What actually happened was a very very long time ago one species hatched with one little trait that allowed it to be more reproductively fit and this happened over and over again so that the combination of traits acquired over millions of years gave us what we call a chicken today. This means that this question kind of implies chicken or egg from beginning, when in reality it was I guess an egg that hatched into a chicken after millions of years of evolution.

• Brohoof 6

Well, I do believe eggs came about long before humans evolved and were able to create structures like the Chichen Itza, so... the egg, of course.

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I will answer this to be honest...it's a trick question. >_<
Let me explain...this thread has something to do with the theory of evolution, right? Well think about it...in order for the egg the exist, the chicken must come first, BUT in order for the chicken to exist the egg must come first. To say that the chicken came first does not mean the egg never existed, and to say the egg came first does not mean the chicken never existed. Theoretically, if you compare this to the never ending argument that Adam and Eve were the first humans created by, not apes, doesn't mean that evolution ceased to exist...to say that we originated from apes and not from a deity does not mean that there weren't any humans in the first place before hand. 

Forgive me if I went a little off topic. ^ ^'
Feel free to contradict me, but it's just how I think of it...

Edited by Retro Bunny
  • Brohoof 1

Theoretically, if you compare this to the never ending argument that Adam and Eve were the first humans created by, not apes, doesn't mean that evolution ceased to exist

Actually, that's sort of incorrect! O: The Bible states that God created every creature, specifically human was created in his perfect image

"Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." [Genesis]

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” [Revelation, I think]

With these two quotes, we can discern a couple of things:

1. That, just as humans, all other creatures were created from a recipe of Earth and God breath :P
  2. That everything we know to exist was created once and only once

The Bible doesn't have anything about evolution in it, only the sudden creation by God.

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." [Romans]

Implies, mostly, that everything was created by Him in the way He wanted them to be from the start. He used his invisible attributes (his power and divinity), then probably said something like, "I'm going to make a chicken" and hence, he made a chicken.

So, in conclusion:

Creationism: Chicken came first

• Brohoof 2

I would say the egg since somehow the Earth had possibly formed the egg and had been warmed within the ground till the hatching and so on the chicken lived 

(i have more info on that but i'm half asleep so i can't think so much about it)

Actually, that's sort of incorrect! O: The Bible states that God created every creature, specifically human was created in his perfect image

"Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." [Genesis]

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” [Revelation, I think]

With these two quotes, we can discern a couple of things:

1. That, just as humans, all other creatures were created from a recipe of Earth and God breath :P
  2. That everything we know to exist was created once and only once

The Bible doesn't have anything about evolution in it, only the sudden creation by God.

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." [Romans]

Implies, mostly, that everything was created by Him in the way He wanted them to be from the start. He used his invisible attributes (his power and divinity), then probably said something like, "I'm going to make a chicken" and hence, he made a chicken.

So, in conclusion:

Creationism: Chicken came first

Ooooh I see!

Nice evidence you pulled up there. =w=

Edited by Retro Bunny
  • Brohoof 2

Ooooh I see!

Nice evidence you pulled up there. =w=

It gets really tricky with the Bible XD Because nothing is said about Evolution, there is still room for interpretation if you're extremely keen on re-wording :P All in all, the Bible is mostly about interpretation, which is bad :/ leaves a lot of room for jerks to use it for their own gain.

And thanks XD;;; I did a lot of religious studies on my own when I went through a period of spiritual confusion. The Hebrews also had a lot to say about the creation of Earth and stuff CX

• Brohoof 2