Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does KFC use real chicken?

Rarity Paige Belle

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the proper chicken is actually chicken, though the nuggets are probably not exactly all chicken. And really, KFC do pretty well in the chicken takeaway business because they have quality with their food. 

KFC does use real chicken. As @@hawkflame said, you can't fake things like bones and tendons :D

Things like chicken nuggets from places like McDonald's, on the other hand...that's fake.

I've heard you can tell if chicken is real or slime by the way it looks inside, though :D

• Brohoof 5

Y'all should come to Ireland, Our McDonald's doesn't use pink slime, and the chicken nuggets, while reclaimed chicken, also isn't slime :D

Although there was that scandal that a certain polish company was actually supplying certian brands with horse meat instead of beef in some low-quality burgers in shops....

But that wasn't OUR fault :D

• Brohoof 1

Y'all should come to Ireland, Our McDonald's doesn't use pink slime, and the chicken nuggets, while reclaimed chicken, also isn't slime :D

Although there was that scandal that a certain polish company was actually supplying certian brands with horse meat instead of beef in some low-quality burgers in shops....

But that wasn't OUR fault :D

Ah, yes the horse meat scandal! I actually had a Tesco horse burger, it tasted alright, but I prefer My Lidl Pony!

• Brohoof 1

Ah, yes the horse meat scandal! I actually had a Tesco horse burger, it tasted alright, but I prefer My Lidl Pony!

...owch... xD

That one physically hurt ;)

• Brohoof 1

No, theyyy use scootaloos.

I don't think I can bro hoof on mobile so you get a Mrs Krabapple

HA!

(edited)

I think they do, I think they don't. I don't know. I'm not THAT type of a person who likes food, or likes to eat a lot. Has anyone seen the movie "Supersize Me?" In the movie, they explain how McDonald's uses real chicken to make their chicken fingers. Surely enough, I think KFC uses real chicken because of that statement.

Edited by soniccam1

I'm amazed it took until reply 10 for someone to say that. 

I like KFC but their chicken legs do seem to be a bit on the small side. 

• Brohoof 1

If I'm eating just for taste (and if I'm eating from a bucket, that's probably the case), I'm not sure that I even care how "real" or "fake" something is lol.  That being said, I'm not overly fond of KFC's chicken.  Their biscuits, on the other hand, are amazing.  Made with 100% real, wild-caught biscuits!

With all the crap that fast food companies put in their food pretty much nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to food. Fast food companies even use styrofoam and even silicone as filler. I know this much though, the few times I have eaten KFC I have gotten really sick and my stomach is otherwise pretty cast iron but it is no loss for me as I don't really like KFC all that much. I think the fried chicken at the service deli at the store I work at is way way better although I think the recipe changed because it is not nearly as good as it used to be.

• Brohoof 2

If they do use real chicken, then it's probably not that high in quality - I'm sure they still genetically modify the chickens and all. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that Snopes rumor was true.

The again, I'm someone who doesn't eat at KFC or other fast food restaurants; fast food makes me sick.

Ah, and here I was hopping to say "Inb4 someone says Scooatloo" Darn in maiq, dreams crushed again! ^_^

• 8 years later...